GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #81 Rip73, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    I have to say the game looks complete and ready to roll in that video. Must be in the final stages of tweaking.
    Looks like a huge amount of content and to echo GPS, that night race looks very cool.

The more Silvo keeps finding and putting stuff up for us, the more I'm looking forward to this.
    It really looks amazing.
    And if they're putting this kind of quality out, it bodes phenomenally well for MC5 as well.
    Gameloft are really coming in to a league of their own again.

2. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    People in Canada and in the Netherlands might want to check their App Store ;)

3. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    #83 Ausar, Oct 2, 2013
  4. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Oh my.. downloading ^^

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Please,please can I have a code or something that will let me have this game without a Canada or Netherlands account

6. speedlie

speedlie Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I live in belgium , i speak netherlands ......not ...

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Ryan does this have cloud support or something like that for when it's out worldwide I could just delete and downloaded from my AppStore without losing progress

8. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Could any one let me use their account to get this? (Can't create my own , PC broken)

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh man, I was so excited for about 2 seconds, now I'm just a sad sack. Lucky Canadians and Neterlandians, Netherlandites?? How long till the rest of the world sees it?

10. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #90 Diablohead, Oct 2, 2013
    If this is gong to be a 1-2 week test, I am a sad panda living in the UK :(

*edit* I don't see it if I search those regions in iTunes while logged out of my uk account.

11. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Not sure right now, that's something I can ask about and get back to you on. I don't think it has iCloud support but syncs up with our servers somehow, so I'm not sure how getting a fresh start at the WW launch would work.

Sorry man, I don't have any codes to give out during this soft launch. ):

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #92 Rip73, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Downloaded.
    So far looks absolutely awesome.
    Haven't had much time with it yet (couple of hours) but so far it's better than I even expected and I expected a lot.
    Must throw a few days at it and let ye know but initial impressions are solid.

13. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY WON A RACE?

I'd like to think I'm a racing game pro, and I've spent a considerable amount of time with this. WTF? The game is more difficult than GT5 (ps3) with a broken controller. The AI is almost fake, bouncing it's way off the walls to victory with no penalty. Your car will slow down after impact, not the AI's. The steering is ultra clunky, no matter what setting, and the cockpit view is a useless afterthought.

I really don't think that the "boost packs" should be a determining factor of your success. I doubt anybody can win first place with a bone-stock car in Tier 1, even if you are the bee's knees at racing. How can anyone complain about 2K Drive after playing this?

Looks pretty, has interesting tracks and everything else you would want in a racing game. Just don't get sidetracked by all this gobbly-goo, because it plays like F%$king crap.

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Won a race? Won most races in the first tier with all the cars I had purchased so far - without boosts (except for one race to get the achievement for cash). The championship had some difficult races though. Played with four different cars on my iphone, but it kept crashing all the time, so I abandoned that game and started a new one on my ipad - trying different cars now (didn't buy the car with $100 and instead used that cash to get the second mechanic).

15. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Yeah, I did too. But only after upgrading the acceleration on both the Audi and Toyota and changing to street view. It's really enjoyable in all views, except cockpit.

I'm really ranting about the cockpit view, which dramatically drops the frame-rate, limits visibility, makes handling clunky, and requires you to need the upgrades rather than gain advantages from them. It just feels like I'm playing GranTurismo 4 on the PS2 when playing in any view, other than cockpit. I feel that is the most important part of a driving sim, and they really need to hit the sweet spot for in-car driving if they want to call this a sim.

***On the bright side: Menu's, tracks, some of the music, and even the use of multiple mechanics for upgrades are done really well.

16. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco

I'd like to remind you that this game is in a soft launch right now so things are obviously still being tweaked.

I know for a fact that the Dev team is looking at things like the frame rate drops, the crashing and the AI interaction. Add in other feedback they see on this forum thread and they will make the changes that need to be made to help balance the game :)

17. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm going to give this a try, as it looks at least a bit decent.

18. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Review

Hi Rip73,

I found out GTR2 was out in Canada this week-end, so I had to give this a try. I saw you are at level 47 or so already. Do you feel like giving us a more detailed review?

My first quick impression is that is looks good, but the gameplay feels good too. Refreshing from you-know-who :cool:

Not too easy at first. Winning without upgrades is difficult, but fun, and driving without the IA trying to ram you in the wall all the time is more fun ;)

So far I like the upgrading mechanics, no repair times is a good move.

I noted a few cars can only be bought with game cash, some reach about 4000$. I noted also that we are awarded an amount of cash equivalent to our leveling (when you reach level 8, you get 8$)...

For Ryan: is this so for all levels or is it capped at some point?

To give an idea, that would represent about 5000$ at level 100, and 10000$ at level 140.

IAP seem more reasonable too. Currently you can only buy game cash, the game premium currency (coins cannot be bought, but you will get a lot by racing). Game cash ranges from 2 bucks to 100$. At 100$, you get 16000, which allows you to buy about 4 top cars, and a lot of cheaper stuff...

Candy for me: driving through Montreal Chinatown... I guess the Gameloft Montreal dev team has something to do with it... :cool:

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'm honestly not sure if it's capped or if it will be at WW launch. The cash rewards are something that is being monitored to make sure it's balanced during this soft launch so any part of the game is subject to change once the WW launch comes up.

After the Dev team locks down all of the details, I'll be able to get more info from them and relay it to you all :)

20. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I like the Montreal track. The last time I raced it in a game was Project Gotham Racing and I had a blast revisiting all the twists and turns.

I now have three cars in Tier 1 (Clio, A3 and the Toyoya) and am curious how hard it will be to save up enough cash for a Tier 2 car. Are the Tier 2 rewards bigger?