Universal GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. So it's not very freemium then...interesting

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #23 Diablohead, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    I just had to download this game, been playing it for a little while.

Until I play it more I don't want to give any feedback about the gameplay or how the cars feel as it's way too early, however there are a few things which get in the way:

If you use control option 4 (manual gas and brakes, tilt to steer) you can not press the accelerator until the race actually starts to move, aka you can not rev the engine or at least get ready to drive until GO, it will ignore all touches before then.

The internal cockpit camera is way too stiff, why make a 3D cockpit if the camera is going to be glued to the head rest. It needs to bounce and move a little more especially when turning and braking, no race driver is that stiff.

The freemium approach so far feels all right but I do dislike buying stat bonuses, when asphalt 7 did this before races it was for things like more time to finish a lap, earn more rep, much more minor things, however here you can flat out go faster by spending (in-game coins) and I feel this is going to get in the way later on, it's taken a nice idea and butchered it.

4. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Most definitely worth noting. This is a soft launch so things in the game are subject to change. I'll be monitoring the thread for feedback and if important issues pop up I'll be sure to do my best and pass it along, per usual.

Enjoy folks! :cool:

5. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Well so far I still think 2k drive plays a little better but since looks bad and with iOS 7 runs even worse, looks like this will be my choice for the moment

Ryan apart from asking if it have cloud support like in asphalt 8, it's missing the same option as asphalt 8 to retry the race after you finish one instead of going to the menu, also the option to get free $ doesn't work well it you watch a video it doesn't give you nothing unless you watch another one and since I can only see 3 videos 1$ looks like it's loss

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It´s already on my device :)
    I must admit that i neglected iOS gaming a bit lately due to new other devices, but i just had to download this one immediately as the first one was so good back in the day.
    First impressions are good, seems to live up to my expectations

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    While that's an interesting thought, I really have to think that's a surefire way to cause motion sickness for players who are susceptible to that.

8. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Definately a VERY nice game! The steer assist is overpowered and the touch acceleration not registering pre start need to be fixed, but those are minor. Really liking this and can't wait to dig in some more!

9. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    this game looks fantastic...jaw dropping.

I didn't know my 4S could support this level of graphics. It is just awesome

As for the gameplay, I'm loving it so far. Really the perfect balance between simulation and arcade. (i turned off all assists and play with tilt and manual acceleration and brake)

I can't speak of the freemium model yet. I just hope it doesn't ruin what can easily become the new king of ios racers.

Most of all, I'm having so much fun playing it.:eek:

10. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm really glad to actually see positive comments toward Gameloft. It was getting to the point where anything Gameloft was considered "EVIL" in the forums. I, myself happen to love most of Gameloft's games. Looking forward to playing this one. It just finished downloading, so I will see you on the tracks.
    FYI, if anyone wants to add me.
    Gamecenter ID: NO3N
    Gameloft ID: noen76

11. Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 4, Nova 3, and Wild Blood were all pretty awesome.

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm gonna try to download tonight, I couldn't get it working this morning. Keep an eye out :)

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Just want to throw my 2 cents in real quick and say that IMO this game tops RR3 and 2K Drive. Great game so far. I can't really leave a proper review because I have only about 30mins into the game, so I will leave one later.

14. I am pleasantly surprised as well. The graphics and framerates are excellent on my ipad 3.

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    If the freemium aspect is similar to asphalt then we have a "racer sim" winner. Sounds like its closer to asphalt than real racing's model. Hopefully this puts pressure on EA and they redo their money structure.

16. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    I just uninstalled 2K Drive in fact.

Still waiting before doing the same with RR3

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm on the track! Looks awesome!!
    Hey what's with hiring friends? What does it do?

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Welcome on board :)
    Dunno what hiring friends does yet,had to wait for you guys.

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Consider yourself hired then :)

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #40 Diablohead, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    When you fit/upgrade car parts you can hire a friend to help reduce the timer along with the mechanics, but friends have a 24h cooldown once used.

Ryan it would be nice if you could ask about watching a race replay, I noticed that after a race there is a replay but it's behind all the leaderboard/results screen with no way to watch it.

*edit* the first 10 or so minutes of the game for those who want to know what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLBvoEfs1A