GTA 3: Buy Now or Wait for potential price drop?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GAMESHARQ, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ADR GANG

ADR GANG Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    It is kindda hard for people to predict price drop for this game because:

1. The price isn't that expensive to begin with.
    2. Rockstar didn't lower the price for GTA: Chinatown Wars.
    3. IT IS FRIGGIN' GTA! The name itself has a high value, people would have no problem paying for $10+ to have this game on their phones. Seriously, how cheap do people want this game to be? $0.99 for this kind of game? Don't make me laugh.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    +9000

3. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Don't you dare. Buy now, or do not get the game at all.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I'm thinking of just buying this now and jus keeping it on my computer until I get a new iPod... Thoughts?

5. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    you're joking right?

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    It is definitely worth it if you know you're going to be upgrading in the future. Worst case is it drops to $0.99 at some point, and you lose out on $2.

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah... You thinks it's possible that it might drop lower then 3 bucks between now and whenever apple releases a new iPod touch?

8. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Given that they dropped the price so soon after release, I think anything is possible. :) Now, I really hope they do NOT drop the price, as I think this game is worth so much more. But I can't say for certain what will happen.

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    **** man, anybody here talking about waiting for a 99 cent sale doesn't deserve to play the game. How about rewarding the dev and paying the damn THREE dollars for crying out loud?! It's no wonder developers making killer apps that cost a mere few bucks are going under..it's because this new breed of cheap-ass App Store customer expects the new blockbuster that took months to develop to cost less than a Snickers, and they can't afford developing costs.
    Look at the dev of Terra Noctis. The game is AWESOME, and the dev is talking about not being able to develop any more games because the sales of his game are so piss-poor, since it costs as much as a king-size Snickers instead of the price of a regular-sized one. Makes me ****in' sick.

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Well I would have bought it at 5 bucks if it worked on my 2nd gen lol

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So damn true.

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Hell, I went ahead and bought this... I'll be upgrading to a new iPod eventually and it's only 3 bucks. I wouldn't wanna live with regret later for not buying it now so I just took the plunge. :p

13. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    nah.. good move! ;)

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Procrastination for the win! :D

That being said, I was going to buy it at full price (well worth it!) except for lack of funds...

Had to pick up an emergency iTunes card last night. ;)

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep 100% agree !!

Forget ranting about freemium games, people out there are just as bad for waiting for huge sales or for it to be free. Then they'll be the ones moaning two years later when so many devs abandon iOS as theres not enough money in it.

Support your devs, IF the games were $10 each then fair enough, but at some silly ridiculous prices, buy buy buy (and SPECIALLY for Terra Noctis).

The more people who jailbreak and find 'freebies' out there or who wait for 99c sales then we'll eventually lose more and more devs (specially the great indie type ones who cant afford to go through a bad sale of a game)