Gta:chinatown wars iphone port

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Militia, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I gotcha. :)

2. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Hmm, BatOuttaHell got me thinking. Maybe I should get this game and try it out...

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    No you WILL get that game >=D

4. Militia

Militia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Liar

you state smugly "LOL Chinatown wars is not a highly regarded game" it was highly regarded you keep saying all you said was it flopped in sales that is a lie you said that it was not regared highly that is what i was adressing and you are wrong.

5. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    I think what he was saying was that it wasn't regarded highly in terms of sales, not playability or "fun-factor". He kept trying to tell people he's talking about it being a "flop", which is, exactly just about sales.

Anyways, like someone said, show 'em Need for Speed, Real Racing, or Sim 3. Better yet, show 'em Madden when it's out. That's gotta be famous enough.

6. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    or more likely.... too easy to pirate games on the DS.

I am CERTAIN that with a high profile game like GTA and the figures of how many people actually own a DS that way more than this number played it.

I don't even own a DS but managed to borrow one for long enough to play the game... which i bought and then gave to the person who lent me the DS as part of the deal.

7. Sev

Sev Active Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I wonder if Car Jack Street actually outselled GTA chinatown wars xD

I'd love it if it was ported though, here some trustable peoples are saying it even beats GTA4 in terms of gameplay.

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Good.
    I was worried a game like that was actually gonna get ported.

9. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Haha hey fan boy. It was a flop. If I took a survey asked people what their favorite ds game was most of them would say the new super mario bros or something eles besides GTA. Therefore the game you so dearly wish to defend was a flop and not too many people think highly of it. Making it not highly regarded. And I love how you can't admit it flopped considering rockstar has admitted that with the release of their disappointing sales figures. Remember when halo came our and everyone bought an xbox? That's what this was supposed to do for the ds and didnt. It floppd because people don't think enough of it to go out and buy a system and it like the game was "supposed" to do.

10. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ouch, what a slap in the face lol.

If you still think we are exaggerating or lol lying here is an article that tells you everything about what is being said:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/grandtheftautochinatownwars/news.html?sid=6208111&mode=all

11. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    ur a fool

A game being highly regarded has nothing to do with sales. Their are tons of amazing games that just arnt played. I dare you to find me a bad review of GTA:chinatown wars you just can not. I never disagreed with the sales being bad. Madworld for the wii had bad sales guess that game sucked too. The conduit for the wii is likely to suffer the same fate does that mean that will not be highy regarded when the review scores are high. Do you even know what the term highly regarded means your making a fool of yourself. as a disclaminer i'm not a nintendo fanboy i ahve all three systems my 360 being played the most. Not my cup of tea but mirror edge sold badly and that was a highly regarded game in sales. Your ignorant GTA:Chinatown wars i don't think was even supposed to be a system seller to begin with. Nintendo does not even need a thirdparty game to make their system sells. Another game with incredible reviews was moon didnt sell shit. Guess it sucked according to you. It's a shame, true gamers do play games and judge games based on how good the game is not how well it sales. You will one day find a game that didnt sell shit that you absolutley loved and will defend it. Sales dont define a great game always just define it's fate.

12. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Lol and you aren't.

Uhm yes it was? They made it to expand from their select casual gaming audience to a more hardcore gaming audience were the MarioKarts and Pokemon just aren't doing the job.

Either im going brain dead or you're just contradicted yourself.

No one is saying the game sucks....

Apparently they do if they are branching out and asking developers to make games for the Wii too...
    Oh and can you say Super Smash Bros Brawl ftw?

You my friend are overreacting, calm down and instead of posting hoohaw, make sense..

13. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    THE OZ i did contradict myself i meant to say mirror edge sold badly but was highly regarded by reviewers. Your right no one is saying mad world sucks but what is being said is bad sales equal bad game. Some oen said apparently GTA is not highly regarded by many i challenge anyboyd on this site to find a negative review for GTA:Chinatown wars. Nintendo is trying to expand by getting third party devs on board but keep in mind they do not need a thirdparty game to sell consoles like state GTA was the goal.

14. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    I love this

Discussing gaming. Agreeing and Disagreeing. It may seem like i'm getting worked up and offended in my posts thats quite the opposite. I'm a gamer and love discussing games. This is awesome hearing why people agree and disagree with me this is great. So if my messages seem offensivei apoligize i'm a hardcore gamer espcecially iphone gamer and i am passionate for games lol. So join the discussion and tell me why i'm wrong or why you think i'm write. I respect all your opinions and ideas even if i disagree.

15. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I meant to say no one is saying GTA:CTW sucks. Just because it is said it is not highly regarded doesn't mean it "sucks", games like Halo and CoD4 and even the SuperSmashBrothers series a couple years back were and some still are highly regarded games, but a game like GTA:CTW is definetly not highly regarded I mean that is pretty obvious since in its FIRST month sold 90,000 copies and games usually don't sell higher then they do in the first month so basically not even a noticeable percent of the world has the game.
    GrandTheftAuto: ChinaTownWars is a good fun game for the DS, but it is not a highly regarded game. I dont even think you can call the DS a highly regarded system can you?

Think about it like this if I gave five people each about $250 I guarentee you none of them would go and buy a DS let alone Chinatown Wars. GTA:CTW =good game not "highly regarded".

16. Militia

Jun 16, 2009
    WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!! WHEN YOU SAY " games usually don't sell higher then they do in the first month " COULD YOU BE ANY MORE WRONG. WHAT AN ASANINE COMMENT TO MAKE. YOU SHOULDN'T POST INFORMATION LIKE THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE INFORMATION TO SUPPORT IT BUT I HAVE NUMBER TO REFUTE IT.
    http://wii.kombo.com/article.php?artid=14371 I RECCOMEND YOU READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE BEFORE YOU REPLY BACK AND IF YOUR TOO LAZY ILL MAKE IT EASY ON YOU.

"In the handheld space, with Nintendo platforms specifically — whether it's Game Boy Advance or Nintendo DS — the fact is that first month sales really don't matter," he explains. "You have a title like Mario Kart, in its first month, a holiday month that did just over 200,000 copies. New Super Mario Brothers, which launched in the summer, did over 150,000 in its first month. Those are not huge numbers, yet both of those have gone on to sell more than four million units apiece and to be in the top 10 total industry titles for the last two years running. So, first month doesn't matter in the handheld space as long as it's a high-quality game, which Chinatown Wars is, has some continuous level of marketing support — whether its retail marketing, consumer marketing, online — as long as you keep the buzz going it will continue to sell millions and millions. And that's my expectation for Chinatown Wars. As long as the team at Take Two and Rockstar give it a long life, it will do very well."

I THINK THAT IS WHAT THE TERM PWNAGE MEANS

17. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Also, the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo Wii are the two highest selling gaming systems on the market...

So... TheOZ, you kinda fail there too.

18. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Calm down there sparky, you learn something new everyday right?
    Ill admit I didn't go though every article I could find to add back up to my post and the way I worded my post sort of suggested I did so what was really meant to be said was: "I don't think games usually don't sell higher then they do in the first month".

19. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Double Negative Alert.

Don't worry, I'll let you off with a warning this time.

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    In summary:

Yes, GTA:CW is an amazing game, and I highly regard it ;)

No, nobody really bought it.

Yes, everybody should go out and buy it right away.

And please let's try not to go the "all caps" route Militia, no matter how worked up you get. Nobody likes to get yelled at in their "e-Ear".