GTA - overshadowed games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Jan 20, 2010.

1. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    concurred.

2. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

The STP guys are not trolls, they are honest members looking to discuss iPhone gaming. They have never seemed to try and stir stuff up, but I can see why you might think so from this thread.

Anyway back on topic I agree with Doodle Army, The Horrible Vikings, Parcel Panic, and Battle Blasters

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    the STP guys lost a lot of cred in my eyes, especially when phil let everyone know he was just an anus teenager.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

what? how old? 15?

whats wrong with that?

5. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    There are a thousand threads in TA and only one is dedicated to GTA plus some minor threads which can't be avoided, so how can you be 'sick and felt like your on a third party rockstar fanboy site'? I personally believed that Minigore/Eliminate/nova and a slew of other games are more hyped than Gta and not half as good!

6. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Payback is pretty fun, lacks GTA graphics and story mode.
    CJS is ok, nice story, lacking in graphics.
    Gangstar sucks.
    This game is so much fun. Trenches is not as good as this new release ADD THIS TO LIST!!!!!!!!!
    LOL

Good idea, i like guys like u who like (and respect) indie awesomness, GTA is still fun as hell, but these are just as good

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    lol!

8. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    You are in the minority.

9. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i hate to admit it but i bought most of these before gta. they were not over shadowed.. if you were reading anything besides the first three threads.

chris.

10. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    #50 starmonkey101, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    I believe they are. Don't get me wrong, GTA is probably an amazing game for what i've heard, but most of the games that have been mentioned here, haven't seen the light of the top 100 when everyone knows they deserve it. Most people that are idevice users don't visit gaming sites such as tA, they simply browse the top 100 and look at farmiliar titles or devs (mostly big name devs). When they see the critically acclaimed GTA at the top, they go directly to it. And with the price of GTA along with it's amount of content, they don't bother to search for other games that are not as well known. It also takes more effort to find lesser known games even when we know they might be just as good as GTA. in addition, GTA is the first game ever (I believe) to be featured on the iTunes homepage.

anyone agree?

11. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    STP? standardized temperature and pressure?:confused:

12. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I disagree, these games are not really overshadowed as people who bought GTA, and yes that includes people from foreign countries who bought itunes card from ebay just to play this game, are buying this the game based on what they learned from the people who already have the psp and ds version. People who bought this are looking for a console quality game as opposed to a casual indy game.

13. starmonkey101

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    possibly. but that kinda still means that they are getting overshadowed:rolleyes: