GTA San Andreas Coming to iPhone!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Electrolite82, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    one thing that bothers me is that they took out crouching in the vice city ios port which makes no sense what so ever to do. I hope they dont take out crouching again or anything else that was in the pc port/ ps2 port.

2. anteye5

anteye5 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Vice City never had swimming.

3. danozzy18

danozzy18 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Me too! The most frustrating mission even with a ps2 controller!

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Can't wait to visit old school Grove Street again, on iPhone. I always missed that bridge. I'll have my red sports car parked in the garage too :)

5. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I mean that you can't swimm Tommy from an island to another at the beginning,also if they are unlocked,if you try to' swimm,you die..
    I'm not sure that they remain introduced in GTA SAN ANDREAS the huge customization for CJ, tatoo? get fat if you eat, if you go to the gym do your muscles, not to mention the skydiving, I hope I'm wrong

6. BrandonH.

BrandonH. Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Texas
    I just wished they'd bring back the PSP titles.

7. seo25

seo25 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    There is so much untrue speculation going on about this game and it was only announced 24 hours ago! IGN stated that it's not a port, but they've updated everything graphically and added me touch controls. That doesn't meant they've taken out game play. It just means that annoying orange glow around San Andreas in gta 5 isn't going to be there.

Can we please stop picking one or two words and forget to read the rest?? It's just going to make people seriously paranoid.

And: gta III and vice city were identical games, you couldn't swim in those games, swimming was introduced in San Andreas.

8. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Exactly!
    All IGN said was that this wasn't going to be a full port because it was going to be graphically enhanced, and, technically, that's true: it's not the same game, it's going to be better (graphically, at least). Nowhere did I read that this was going to be a dumbed-down version of the game, that there was going to be IAP or that sections of the game would be removed, so ease up on the doom-n-gloom speculation throttle. With Rockstar's trackrecord on iOS, I don't think we have reasons to doubt that this will be a full blown port of the console versions (with some graphical enhancements).

9. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Mm-hmm, this behaviour is a large part of what makes some of the threads at TA so irritating. In the minds of some, the initial announcement raced from the actual, "GTA:SA won't just be a direct port, as the graphics are being improved," to, "GTA:SA won't be a direct port," to, "GTA:SA won't be a full port," and finally the entirely baseless, "GTA:SA will have some of the content removed".

It's really, really stupid.

10. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Definetly gonna buy a moga controller just for this lol #

11. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I only answer to someone that asked,after read IGN,it's not the full game? I say it won't say only cause it's not a direct port tthat the game it's necessary not the full game,I'm sure ROCKSTAR never disappoint us,and yes,stop talking about speculation'it's not the full game'after 2 days from it's announcement only cause it's not a direct port..

12. Guys, it hasn't been stated anywhere that any content will be missing from this version. The only reason this isn't a direct port is because this is an Improved port. It would also be extremely silly for Rockstar to take away content from this, seeing as they didn't take content out of Chinatown Wars, III and Vice City and because our iPad's, iPhone's and iPod Touch's can handle a game like this

13. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Even IF it turns out to not be a full port with sectiones removed... It would still rock. If that bothers you, you can emulate the PS2 ROM in 12 years time.. But I'm pretty sure nobody is insane. :)

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    And to think it would only cost $5!?

Awesome!

PC version is $10

15. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I can't wait to have San Andreas right in my pocket when I need it. Oh, how I love how Rockstar is bringing back good ole memories.

16. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I hope they make the shooting function better than what it was in Vice City. Auto-aim is boring.

17. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    GTA San Andreas in my pocket,can't wait,now,my dream is MANHUNT for iOS,but it's only a dream!

18. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Manhunt! Forgot bout that! I got the banned uncensored version for psp :)

19. matrixhunter

matrixhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    They took away crouching in vice city which was in the original game. No idea why they did that they could have made a crouch button. So they better not take crouching and rolling from left to right away from san andreas

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    please listen to this guy here and stop this endless and pointless debate over something that clearly even a 12 year old can understand what is IGN's original intention . thanks.

so, any screen cap or gameplay vid perhaps?