Universal Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon (by Marvel Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheMerc, Jul 9, 2014.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Fantastic game.

But if Princess Sparkle Fist isn't in the first update I will be bummed.

2. Kumamoto333

Kumamoto333 Member

Apr 24, 2013
    The last boss felt pretty impossible, but I did it with Mantis (possibly a bug.) If the controls were more accurate (especially on a phone) and the auto attack detection better, this game would rival Battleheart.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock the secret characters? I assume Iron Man is a secret character considering he's in the achievements. I've unlocked all the story mode characters, but the ones in shadow are still eluding me.

Onwards to the arena grind.

3. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Somehow I missed this release. Anyways picked it up after reading the article. I agree 100%!! Really enjoying this game.

4. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Is there a better way to control this than tediously drawing lines from every character to an enemy every time a new enemy appears? The line detection often leads to units standing near enemies and not doing anything. Auto-attacking is in such a poor range that I think all of my characters are actually blind and react on their own to enemies when they can feel their breath.

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    iPad 4

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I know what you mean. Sometimes my guys don't auto detect until they're hit. And my lines sometimes miss and end up just make my character move. But I'm getting better at it!

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  8. Odnetnin

Odnetnin New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Weird question

Can someone please either post a screenshot of this game's icon on their home screen, or simply post the text below it?

E.g. "Guardians," "GotG," or whatever the title has been shortened to in order to fit below the icon.

9. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Excelent game everybody should support this game, coming from Marvel and making it premium

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    GOTG:TUW - It fits without an ellipse at the end, which I am thankful for. It also fits in the multitask menu, in case you care about that (some games are weird and don't).

On an iPhone 5.

11. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #52 Bool Zero, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    GOTG: TUW... Edit: Weird, it won't take my capitalization and insists on posting in lower case despite my typing in caps!

12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #53 Jerutix, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Ugh, I'm at the final boss. It isn't even fun to play anymore. I mean, as far as I can tell, you just have to be the right amount of lucky. Like, 98% lucky.

That being said, I've thoroughly enjoyed the experience up to this point. I just don't like that the difficulty curve went from about a 50 to 200 for no reason.

Update (like you care): I decided to preserve my good memory of the game, connect it to Facebook (which will apparently backs up your progress), and delete it to make room for FIFA 14. #BecauseFutbol

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Posts in all-caps get converted to all lowercase automagically.

14. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    231mb is the installed size on my ipad

15. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    For those who have played both this and Battleheart, which would you say is better? Obviously this has the advantage of featuring Guardians of the Galaxy characters, but for someone who's not especially a GotG fan, would you say there's anything better about this game than Battleheart?

16. Of course Battleheart is better. This game is for fans.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    231mb?! Have you opened it and allowed it to download the other data yet? It went from that size to 949mb on my iPhone ever since I opened it and began playing. Glad it didn't keep growing.

Also, I'm a little disappointed Marvel didn't wait to drop their price until after the movie's release. It encourages more and more gamers to just wait for these sales.

18. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Of course this game is better. Battleheart is for fans.

19. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    This was a good game until I upgraded my characters - in this case - Rocket Racoon, He has a Boom Bloom and a Mind Talon, he only has a prismatic chip, Orange Chip and a purple fragment, but he basically one shots anything that comes on the screen. I don't even have to use any of the other characters. This cant be right. I haven't done anything except play all the levels till all three badges have been earned and played the Arena a few times as the Quests required.