Universal Guns of Mercy (by Storybird)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 6, 2017.

1. redapple1

redapple1 Member

May 24, 2016
    Marketer
    India
    Interesting

This appears to be an interesting mobile game development,the pictures are very nice.I think the video link has been removed.

2. storybird_jul

storybird_jul Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Hello everyone, I am absent at this time because our next updates take us a lot of time.
    We are working on a new game mode that will add a lot of interest to the game.
    I would come back to you soon :)

3. sukilde

sukilde Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Played this games for 30 minutes yesterday and nearly an hour today.

It is absolutely amazing! Thank you, in particular, for making sure that the monetization is done lightly, with no obtrusive ads. If just more developers could learn from you guys...

If anyone should be interested, I recorded a video sharing some of my first thoughts on the game earlier today:

4. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Downloading

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    It's about time. What took you so long?;):cool:

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

You're right man, you're right.

7. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I would love to see a Guns of Mercy 2 as a side scroller like Contra!
    I love these rangers and would like to see them in other adventures/games #

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I would like a better control system...

9. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Here we go !
    GUNS OF MERCY UPDATE 1.3
    -2 new Heroes to unlock
    -2 new Mekas to unlock
    -7 new Backgrounds
    -A new Boss to defeat
    [​IMG]

10. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    It's a very, VERY early prototype ;)
    https://youtu.be/XNCqzcXyWpk

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    awesome update, especially the graphics of the new stages! some things :
    1) i dont see when i can buy the new content since the million price is unreachable for me (i get 2000 per game with double gold enabled, so thats 500 games? one year of two games per day?
    2) the daily bonuses are almost zero, either up them or make them one gem ever day?
    3) please continue the amazing work on the control, and make it whole side of the screen (left half move, right half aim, no buttons/sliders visible/ optional). The ground enemies are the cheapest thing the game throws at you.
    4) maybe make the floors seamless without needing to stop to ask for power ups? or make the powerup stop every 5 floors after the boss? and these would be useful to be in gold and not in gems

i too would love an adventure with the rangers, but like metroid- all one big area that you unlock parts with abilities, and not stage1 stage 2 etc.

for your dedication and quality updates, you are on a fast track to my top favorite ios developers! wholeheartedly wish success to come your way so you stick around!

12. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Thank you ! We are working on the adjustments little by little, our roapmap is full and we take into account all your comments.

For daily gifts, they increase from weeks to weeks :)

We put expensive content to give money to players who buy GOLD and Gem packs, there was not enough content.

We also think about other games in the universe of Guns of Mercy, more like Contra, Bionic Commando etc.

Thanks for your support :)

13. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    I'm actually glad there are big priced items in the new update; I had purchased everything else in the shop and maxed out almost all upgrades.

@Ramza - I tend to get 500k per 30 minute run :)
    Max out your big gold, treasure chest, and magnet and along with the free daily elevator, usually tend to start around floor 201 where there is lots of gold dropped per floor!

@storybird_Jul
    That early prototype looks pretty sweet! You have a fan for life here :)
    I like all your updates and enjoy that you are very active here on these forums ##

14. Lost in the Supermarket

Lost in the Supermarket Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
  15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Game over man! Game over!!

16. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    @storybird_jul

Can you make the front facing pixel of every character be the last animation we see when they get in and out of the elevator?
    The only time we get to see those awesome pixel shots is at the menu screen. In game we only see side and back animations.

I was also thinking of a way to make more people happy with the controls. What if you move the "Fuel" bar to the upper left(?)
    Move the pause onto the coin score(?)
    This would give you the option to expand both movement bar and shooting bar to half the screen each in the bottom.

17. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017

It is very long to make this kind of animations, we prefer to stay on our initial schedule, we are working on a new mode of game that requires a lot of work. After that, it's one of the things we'd like to improve.

For the control it is a good idea to put the fuel in the top of the screen, in a corner. We'll think about it.

Thank you :)

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Maybe instead of a button for the mech just make it a double tap to activate. Then you can put the the fuel tank icon somewhere else, but having the mech button at the top would make it hard to reach.

19. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    #199 Oats, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    @ Storybird_Jul
    This is what I meant by the forward facing image; Each Pixel has a forward facing pixel that we never see in game (just at the main menu when you select them).
    I think it would look great to see the forward facing pixels every-time a character climbs in and out of the elevator :)

I didnt mean the splash image/animation that shows up in between stages.

I have also made a proxy image of the Fuel bar to the upper left to show how much more space the gamers would have at the bottom for controls.

I also like the idea of a "double tap" to activate the meka that @ sobriquet suggested if that is doable.

P.S. I hope you dont mind my cut & paste pixel sketches on your game; no disrespect

Attached Files:

20. storybird_jul

Mar 7, 2017
    Sorry to put as much time to respond, we work on the next update.
    Oast: it is a good idea, we will propose several configurations in the next updates.

I'll come back with some news soon :)