Universal Gunslugs by OrangePixel

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Jan 16, 2013.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is not getting old. I'm having a ton of fun.
    My first contender for GOTY. Seriously.

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
  3. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Can me and a friend use two icades and play on one ipad?

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Found him! You sneaky devil. ;)

Also took #1 spot in that run. Made it to Siberia boss for the first time, using Johnny Rumble. Didn't last very long. :p

5. Would you not chose to download from Bancamp? Just considering putting the album up on iTunes but need to know there is the demand! :)

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Personally, I think it'd be worth it... not everyone has a paypal account to purchase from Bandcamp, while tossing in the buck you're charging for the soundtrack from a GiftCard would just be a lot more convenient...

Me... I try and have whatever I can in FLAC format, just so that it's easier to convert to whatever other format I may need and have decent sounding files - rather than converting mp3 to whatever else for a cell phone, or a family members 'mp3' player that for some reason only plays wma files or something... so I ABSOLUTELY LOVE bandcamp.

But I could definitely see there being some more sales from people wanting to buy it on iTunes - having it on their cloud account, ect...

7. Thanks for the feedback...It can take several weeks for it to appear on iTunes though and I may have missed the buzz! Food for thought...thank you again.

8. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Hi,

+1 for iTunes. A lot easier to buy, pleasant way of buying stuff, unlimited download, etc.

Did you consider the AppleTV as an easy way to set the multiplayer ?

A lot of iOS games are using one device as the host and pushing pixels to the Apple TV while being also a controller.

thus you only need 2 idevices + one AppleTV (AppleTV cheaper than any iOS device).

9. Commenting on the music (I'll have to leave the rest to Orangepixel!) I'll try and get it up on iTunes as soon as is possible...I'll post to this thread when it is live!

10. PonyFeathers

PonyFeathers Member

Aug 3, 2012
    @orangepascal

I'm not sure if it's been said yet, but could there be an option to make the view in front of the character larger? The way it's set up right now allows me only 1/4th of the screen to see what's ahead, with the rest of the screen showing what's behind my character. I feel it should be the other way around so I can see a bit further ahead.

11. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

We figured there is a bigger chance to have a friend with his/her own idevice then someone with an appletv ;) we don't have one to test it out either, so hard to develop for it.

12. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

had one other person asking about it, short answer is "no sorry" but there are various reasons behind that ...reasoning :)

13. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    This is the best game they have made

14. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Planck beat my score on GC by 2,000 pts. What the freakin' hell. I ain't having that.

*runs around in Jungle blasting anything that moves*

15. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I just bought this game! It's fun but I don't know what I'm doing? Can somebody explain what I'm doing

16. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Can someone respond???

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Its an endless shoot em up, try to kill everything in sigh and keep moving right until you reach the helicopter and onto the next level?

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Well said.;):D

DBC

19. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I keep playing it and I keep saying" what am I doing"!
    Just run jump shoot, avoid bullets , keep moving kind of to the right , survive , go in as many buildings as you can ,fight a Boss once in awhile....get in the helicopter with the blinking arrow. If this doesn't help refer to The Frost posting. Sure as heck I am!!!

20. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    That's what he said. ;)