iPad Gurk III - the 8-bit RPG (by Larva Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    As soon as this is made Universal I'm buying.

Please do it!!

2. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    9th Dawn is the shizzle! I gotta get back on that one now that I think about it!

3. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Great, great game - but it needs a possibility to store some of your gold. Let us buy gold bricks etc. which we can store somewhere so we won't lose everything when we die later in the game :(

Stumbled upon a situation where one of my heroes died - and I couldn't backtrack in that location and couldn't fight my way out without my warrior either :(

So all I could do is die and let myself teleport back to town with zero money. Now I have to earn a few bucks to afford a ship - not to mentioned all of my potions/jewels are used in the heavy fight so I'm nearly defenseless now :(

Maybe a gold brick could cost 500gold and be sold later for half the price - so we could store some of our hard-earned cash...

4. Loda74

Loda74 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    #44 Loda74, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    I'm having issues starting this game on my 3GS. Is anyone else?

It did say in the description that its compatible.

I get the user Interface with larvatron 86 in the top right corner and a black box under but nothing else.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Someone with a 4th gen iPod Touch mentioned the same thing. I would contact the developer and let them know. If nothing can be resolved you can always contact Apple for a refund.

It's worth noting that the "compatible with" list under the app description cannot be directly controlled by the developer. All the developer does is list software and hardware requirements and that field is automatically populated. They can't exclude specific devices even if they know they aren't compatible. If there are compatible devices actually listed in the written description, you can trust that because its written by the developer.

Actually, I just noticed the following note has been added to the description:
    Hopefully that fixes it up for 3GS too, but I'd still contact the devs to confirm.

Why not just exit the app, and revert to your last save?

6. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Unfortunately I saved within the named location after happily beating a big bad guy. But no problem - started from the very first town and earned money quite fast ;)

Now I always buy some expensive jewels to spend my money ... and I have to tell you, guys: don't let the worldmap fool you - this game is HUGE :D

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I use my ipad mini and 2x looks perfectly fine, no need for universal.

8. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Old school and tough. Just the way I likes 'em.

9. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #50 c.ihls, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Tough is correct :D

Has anyone beaten the last boss (
    Krogar
    ) yet? Any hints are highly appreciated :)

Edit:
    Hahaha, don't even think, Krogar is the end! At least one more huge level awaits you afterwards :D

10. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I've been taking my time with this, because it is seriously fantastic. I wasn't impressed by screenshots, but there is a surprising amount of depth and customization here. And there have been moments when I forget it's an iphone in my hand, and not a larvatron86.

I didn't think it was very difficult until I got to the
    marsh cave
    . Sheesh! Guess I need to level up a bit before going back into that mess.

11. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I can't begin to explain how crazily good the music is in this game. It gets better and better as you progress. This has turned out to be one of my favourite IOS games of all time and it will never leave my phone.

12. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Dang it, lost my save! Booted up after a few days and its gone! Drat.

13. symptomac

symptomac Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 23, 2012
    I agree, and it is far larger than i ever imagined. And i love the chess-like strategy that sometimes shows up as well as insane monsters (the kind that would never be allowed in a rogue game :). I fear the end of the world.

14. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    What is the issue with iPhone 4? I went to pick this up, but saw the updated description mentioning a fix. As I have an iPhone 4, wondered what the issue is.

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    A 4th gen iPod touch user and a 3GS user both reported nothing but a black square in the play area.

16. Bad Plafon

Bad Plafon New Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Hmm, this looks like a good ol' turn-based rpg ! Unfortunately, i'm a first gen iPad owner, no IOS 6 available... Any chance to see the game running on IOS 5 ?

17. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but people are saying this works on a mini...does that mean this will work on full size iPads as well?

18. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Currently in Uropolis licking my wounds after losing nearly 1k gold to the Caves with the awesome music. It's a good job those caves got such an awesome soundtrack so it's time to re-equip some serious energy potions and get back to the party ! I

19. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Dude, the same thing happened to me yesterday. That cave is no joke. I've been cruising around the ocean leveling up. Found a huge sea monster and a sweet weapon...
    the hydrosword.