iPad Gurk III - the 8-bit RPG (by Larva Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 10, 2013.

1. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I have all the gurks. I decided to buy it for my iphone instead if android tablet to have it on the go and in the loo. Very awesome games all of em. This one is the biggest and best but the others are not far behind. The whole class system is great. Originally I think they started gurk to kind of poke fun of these types of RPGs haha. Turns out.... These games are fun! I dot regret getting them at all! Very nice LL very nice :). I wonder what 4 is going to offer?! Full character customization? Just like in the SSI games? Haha. Doesn't matter. I'm buying it no matter what ;)

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Sleeper title? Everyone's been loving this since release. You're the only one who slept on it :p

3. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    this game lookings pretty good. Any idea how long is this game?

4. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Everyone who has played it has loved it, but I wouldn't say it's been a big success. Maybe TA will give it some front page love, because this really is a great game and it deserves more attention.

I've been playing it pretty steadily since Saturday, and I still have about 1/3 of the map left to explore. It's a big game, and it's also pretty challenging.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hmmm I guess in a way I thought the Gurk name was already known. I hardly game on android at all but I had both the first two Gurks. Perhaps it's just my slanted perception... The game definitely deserves some front page coverage.

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm still holding off for now ( yeah its hard! )

Any news on when/if universal is coming?

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Gotta say I personally hate playing in 2X mode usually. Over the past few years since I got my first iPad I've only bought a handful of non-universal games. This one however plays great in 2X.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Same here, at least until the iphone 4 is supported. I really want to pick this up before my iOS funds are depleted haha. Gotta stay focused.

9. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Never had an android, so I'd never heard of this until I saw the weird name in the Hot New Games list, and thought, what the hell is that? I really hope the first two get ported to ios, because I would love to play them. Even if they are half as good as this one, they are instabuys for me.

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #90 Gwarmaxx, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    Scot, i've posted two pages back that i'm playing on my iPhone 4 without any issues, did you read it???
    who told you that 4 is not supported? :confused:

maybe it need a fix when the mini map is on screen, 'cause the great lag, but the game is fully playable, i'm on it everyday!

11. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I gave this a 5 star review on the AppStore (UK) several days ago and it still isn't showing ? I just updated it to give more detail about how great it is so maybe that will make the review show up soon. Anybody know if there's some kind if problem with the reviews at the moment ?

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't know exactly what's going on but there was a similar problem for Expander. Several people said they left reviews that never appeared. That was weeks ago and mine still hasn't shown up. Updating your review will actually cause it to take longer to appear.

13. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Downer ! Thanks for the info though. I want to spread the word about how good this is but I can't. Except here .... Download it people ! It. Is. Awesome !!!

14. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    The same thing happened to me. Tried to leave a review yesterday, and it didn't load. Just checked now, and it's up. Guess it takes about a day.

And yeah, this game needs help. Leave a good review if you've played it!

15. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    This game deserves a 5 star rating, I've been playing for hours and I feel I've only scratched the surface. I do find it odd that there is no 'run' command for combat - but the combat is so fun I don't care. if you're on the fence and love old school RPG's don't hesitate, it's extremely well done and just fun in that old school relaxing way - if that makes sense lol

And the combat it pretty challenging, which is a plus in my book.

GOTW for me easily.

16. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Great to see this game getting such a good response. I am actually working on a game pretty similar to this so I am excited to see there is a good audience.

17. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    My review hasn't shown up either, even though I wrote it a couple days ago. Just saying.

18. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Need some guidance please.

Just finished Worgen pass and can't find the next quest.

Thanks!

19. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Did you look up your quest log? It should give you a hint where you should be heading to. Otherwise head a little south-west and you should find a town.

20. InkyTheGhost

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Got a title, or any info? Tell us about it, and we'll keep an eye out!