iPad Gurk III - the 8-bit RPG (by Larva Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 10, 2013.

1. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Decided to get it even though I only have an ipad to play it on, it's... ok to play in 2x mode, not the best but the game itself more then makes up for it. Totally love it so far, well worth getting.

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    That's excellent news Gwar! (Love the name btw)

And no I must have missed your post somehow :confused:

Under the description of the game in the market it says a fix is coming soon for the iPhone 4. Sometimes that means never with some developers and I'm not familiar with this one. But if it is working on your iPhone 4 I will most def pick this up!

Thanks a lot!

3. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Good to hear bro! Just hope ya don't make the same mistake this Dev did, (Pls make it universal)

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    How do you know it was a mistake ? A lot of indie devs don't have access to the required hardware to enable testing of a universal app. Seems harsh to call it a mistake assuming the dev chose to deny users a universal app when it's likely because they don't have access to an iPad / several iPad versions to allow testing.

Based on the quality of the gameplay this is a five star game regardless if its universal or not.(imo).

5. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    Holy crap.
    This game is twice as long as I thought it would be!

6. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I know. I thought I was getting near the end but it turns out .... This game just keeps giving. There's been a lot of great RPG releases this year in various sub-genre but this really is up there for GOTY so far for me. It has that magic ingredient that means that although it has great presentation, controls, music, gameplay it is actually greater than the sum of all those parts.

Insta-classic !

7. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Just wiped out my savegame so I have to start from scratch... just when I was near (?) the very last foe ;(

8. Endscrypt

May 8, 2012
    I agree totally this is an amazing game I've have personally written to the Dev team asking (pleading) with them for a universal/HD version IMO it's just not good enough these days to miss out on such a massive market and plus the game plays and looks and fits so much better on iPad this is quite a massive rpg i believe you would wanna play for a few hours each play not a quick 5mins here and there,I've been playing it on my ipad even though its not universal it's still amazing, I prefer this type of game on my ipad than on my iPhone.Ofcoarse this is just my Humble Opinion and I'm sure there are lots of people who will be happy to play this on there iPhone, But I also no for sure there will be lots of people that won't buy this game for one reason, that being it not Universal! Unfair but true.

9. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    ^^^ good point. I would probably feel differently if I owned an iPad.

10. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    That must be heart-wrenching. At least you get to start again with different classes so the game will be different. That's little consolation though I know. At least the game is so good it merits starting again !

11. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    How did you do that? Did you hit "New" by accident? Not a bug then?

12. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #112 Laenor, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    I don't know if the dev is around here, but .. I'm stuck :(
    In the arena, in the second world, i went to the left when entering the arena, and now i can't go back to the right part of the map, i m stuck in a corridor :(

I ll try to do something but up to now nothing worked... Will maybe have to restart from scratch ..

13. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    See screenshot below :
    I can't go to the right

Attached Files:

14. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I just bought this and I had no problems on my iPhone 4- just in case other iPhone 4 people had questions.

15. c.ihls

c.ihls Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    No bug, but my own fault... never mind, as bigred says - thanks for your kind words :) - so at least I can start again with new (better?) classes :D

16. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Unfortunate it's not universal...otherwise, I'd buy it in a second. Guess ill add to my watch list and hopefuly see an update for universal support someday.

17. symptomac

symptomac Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 23, 2012
    (I'm guessing you saved while in this position. Otherwise, you can quit the program from background and reload.)

I also ran into a strange place where i was trapped (in a tower), i could wander around part of the tower and leave it for a green area that led nowhere. Very frustrating. But it turned out that there was a place near the entrance where the middle touchpad button "GO" lit up. It was an invisible portal/exit from the tower and the green area was just to be seen i'm guessing. Hit GO and was out. So maybe try carefully walking everywhere you can see if there is an unmarked transition to the next area.

fingers crossed

18. Endscrypt

May 8, 2012
    Thanx bro, I'd probably feel different if I didn't lol #

19. Endscrypt

May 8, 2012
    Found a few minor bugs, when you turn of the music, but leave on the "battle music"'after the battle the music never goes back off! It's irritating at most. Also after a battle if I don't give the items to one of my characters it seems to vanish I don't no we're the items go, is it ment to be this way? I have had a good look & cant find the items ? Playing Gurk on a (ipad mini 32gb)

20. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I found a forum for the game/s. it's mainly related to the Android version but I guess that's because this just released.

http://gurk-rpg.wikispaces.com/