Universal Hades (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MetaGonzo, Nov 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I’m sure a pretty penny was exchanged, as it should have.

squarezero likes this.
  3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Freaking hyped for this. Massive win for Netflix.

4. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Shame, don’t want Netflix! So no Hades for me!

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Only on Netflix?... Sigh.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m happy as hell. Plus Netflix is dirt cheap

impressed by the games they’re releasing recently

ColeDaddy likes this.
  7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Damn, this and Katana Zero? Netflix are doing pretty great at the whole games thing. Especially since I only have Netflix and have no other tv so it’s great for me it’s like it’s free.

But to those not being happy it’s not on Netflix…I’m pretty sure it’s dirt cheap now like near AA prices on the lowest tier, just buy it for a month or two and play the game? Be like you bought it for £10 or something which would be a bargain anyway.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @elcrazy Hey bud, I remember you confessing your love for the game in the warm snow thread so thought I better tag you so you can see this asap

9. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Whoa. Never thought I would see the day! I have Netflix but I don’t download those games really. I don’t like the feeling of not actually owning the game. That being said, I will 1000% be downloading this game. I do wish it was a fully paid premium game.

If you haven’t played this. It’s one of the best games of all time. From a pure fun factor stand point nothing is as fun. So many weapon possibilities it’s just endless fun.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #11 mastery51, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    I agree! It’s amazing game! I currently have it on steam! I too wish it was premium. I would pay full price for it so fast.

(On a side note. Just me Thinking out loud about streaming services and gaming exclusives …)

I think I’ll pay maybe for a month of Netflix just to play the game as much as I can. But I’ll probably stop the subscription after that. I’ve already had Netflix for along time. I just never really used it that much for streaming video and financially it was draining money out of my account just like so many other streaming services.

Don’t get me wrong i am actually really happy for the developers giving Mobile a chance for these games. If the developers thinks Netflix is the only way financially for them, than I am all for their decision. I also understand these games may never have come to Mobile if it weren’t for services like Netflix. But also i really don’t think I’ll be returning to Netflix for very long. I’m just not a subscription kind of person anymore after all the years.

The way I am looking at it is after three/ four months of lowest $6.99 payments (which I think is a very reasonable price for a streaming service if you use all of it) it’ll add up. $20, $50, $100+ depending on what monthly subscription you chose. And than in the end you don’t get to keep the game after paying enough to buy a few of them. The Steam and Nintendo version of Hades right now cost $24.99 to own a copy and you don’t have to worry about being charged a fee every month.

I just don’t know. I want these mobile games to succeed but also paying for all the other unnecessary things in the process that I won’t use. :/

elcrazy likes this.
  11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    In the U.K. we have to pay like £15 a month for a television licence. Its cheaper to pay for Netflix and not have any live tv services then I don’t need to pay the licence so for me Netflix is an easy choice especially since I just get 1-2 free hours a night if I’m lucky anyway.

So all the Netflix games are a big bonus for me. But I am surprised gameloft went with AA for dreamlight valley.

I own a physical copy of Hades for the switch but I’d still have bought this for iOS,

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Dreamlight Valley in AA is not surprising — Gameloft has seven other games in Apple’s subscription service.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I mean because it seems to have a season pass and premium shop and they will charge for future expansions rather than going properly f2p but are cutting out the season pass and premium shop on AA which so far makes me think we will miss out on content.

When you’d think the payment model they are going for would work on iOS and seems the more profitable route these days. But I don’t know much about what AA pay anyway.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Gotcha. I thought you meant AA over Netflix.

ste86uk likes this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #16 ste86uk, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Now softlaunched in PH!

Can’t wait to try it, kinda feel like backbone will be best but I’ll be at work so I’ll have to try it out with touch.

16. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Anyone tried it? Is there cross-save support, like Switch and steam.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I can’t get it to work, I get to the Netflix login page and it says make sure my account is up to date, make sure my payment method is up to date and my account is compatible with Netflix games.

The message made me think they are adding a separate purchase for Netflix games but I can’t see anything about that anywhere.

Sonic Mania works for me and that’s PH only so it seems weird that Hades won’t open.

I tried support but it’s too complicated for them, they couldn’t understand the situation I was explaining. So I’m wondering if Hades is for some reason region locked or maybe just bugged?

18. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012

That sounds really strange!

19. pelisoli

pelisoli New Member

Mar 18, 2010
    This is so funny i had to reset my password to write here. Funny Because i went exactly through the same process.

- Logged in my PH Downloaded Sonic Mania, logged in with my EU netflix account no problem. Process i done few times with no problem.

- Tried the same thing with Hades, and i cant login on my netflix account says to check my account billing or if my account is compatible with netflix gaming,

- Went to netflix support chat, they dont understand saying that HADE is not available on netflix gaming. lol

- Tried with a free PH VPN, says my netflix password is Wrong. VPN off says my password is ok but i dont have my billing updated.

Super Weird this is the first netflix game i see that they went miles to IP Region lock it. Hope this changes soon or they release it soon. Been waiting to play HADES on my ipad for years now.

Not confident for a fast release, Sonic mania has been out for a week now and its still only available on Philippines.

Hope to ear more about this.

Peace.

ste86uk likes this.