Hairy Tales $1.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Arges, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Watched youtube vids of this, decided not to buy this. But then started seeing good feedback on this thread. So I bought it, haven't played it yet, but if I don't like the game, I know where you all live, er, post! Haha, just kidding :)

Well, I should go try it and fifa 13, see yas.

2. Arges

Arges Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Game Developer
    /me runs and hides behind seven proxies. :p

Thanks for getting it. Please do let me know if you like it, since you were on the fence, particularly if you have any suggestions about what the trailer and videos could have done to give you a better impression of it. We're still new at the whole conveying-the-gameplay thing, and it's not the easiest game to describe.

Cheers,

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I bought this the day it was released, but didn't get a chance to play it until today...

Definitely a title to pick up if you're even remotely interested in it. The puzzle's and various environmental mechanics are great. There's really very few puzzlers that totally grab me, but this is definitely one of them. For a buck, it's a frigg'n steal.

4. Arges

Arges Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Game Developer
    Cool Synthetic void, glad you got around to it on the latest version, tutorials and all. How do you feel the difficulty curve?

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think the difficulty curve is great... Once you actually get into the real levels. There was a bit of a jump up between the last tutorial level and the first actual level. Its also great having the 'tips' accessible, or hidden. Whenever I go through a game a second time, I almost always wish that there was a way to do something like that... Hiding the tips... Or being able to skip through dialogue...

Anyway... I'm sorry I can't comment on how different it is from version 1.0... But reading the review here on TA, I'm guessing it's a lot better. It does flow very nicely, and I haven't gotten stuck wondering what something does. =o)