HALO... NOVA review!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by helmania, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I know what you think before you posted here! Why do you love to post on the thread of an fps game you don't like! Go revive the eliminate thread with your friend!

2. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    please stop arguing helmania,see he's a true reviewer :p

3. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Wow, just because i speak the truth, you think im a Gameloft hater trying to push Eliminate. Gameloft makes token generic copies of console games, this is a fact. That's what they set out to do in the first place, and there's nothing wrong with that. The games they make aren't the BEST games ever, but they are competent enough for being on a cell phone, and fun too if you accept them for what they are. I don't know what your thinking, but just because i like being realistic, it doesn't mean i hate the company..

4. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Lmao! It's not everyday a TRUE reviewer graces the TA forums! What an honor!

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm glad you know how to base an idevice game on the standards of a god damn #1 best seller for the effing xbox. When you review a fu@#$%^ game, please review it compared to a game on the same device. Jesus christ.

Now let's compare all the elements you have listed and rated to all the other games on the device..umm, drawing a blank here.
    I don't know what kind of games you play, but if you think tilt controls would be ideal...

I'm guessing eliminate would be a 0.3 and the rest of gameloft's games would be under 4 then..my god.

6. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    helmania, i beg you
    please make a review of Ridge Racer
    i bet that will get 9.0 from you :p

7. Robert M.

Robert M. Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Hhaha flamebait!!!

8. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    This IS Halo, you know... Just like Dungeon Hunter is Diablo and Blades of Fury is Soul Calibur, each game has a theme.

9. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    We heard that a thousand times before but truth is they are the only BIG co the consistently gives the iPhone great console like experiences instead of the casual mini games we use to enjoy from the indies! Look how namco, square enix, sega and even ea ( which is dissapointing with their past 5 games) has treated the platform! Now ranko we already know your stand so you don't have to infest every gameloft related thread with your views over and over again! Cheers.

10. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Ridge Racer isn't that bad, it's just... average. Compared to the other racing games on the App Store, it's below par though.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    1. you've flamed every damn gameloft game released.

2. read gameloft's thread on why they do that.

3. you're a gameloft hater.

4. tell me when there's another company that has gotten as many rave reviews. sure they may be identical, but when there's another multimillion company willing to make quality games and putting an effort to bring console-quality games to the idevice..

12. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    not great experiences, token experiences... your right, were lucky we even get experiences... thats why i still call them fun...

but i cant call them great until Gameloft tries a little harder to make games that stand on their own merits, and not just how well they copy their console big brothers.

13. your_suburbia_is_pwnd

your_suburbia_is_pwnd Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    ripoff or just similar?

I'm not sure that's much of an argument. Windows was a ripoff of Mac was a ripoff of Xerox but the majority of the world using Windows don't seem to mind this...

14. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    true..

15. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Not true, i enjoyed Dungeon Hunter and im a huge fan of Real Tennis. I dont hate the company, i just accept them as they are and dont have unrealistic expectations of them.

16. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Token experiences you say! Have you played driver and avatar?

17. RankoSao

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Driver is a port of a PSX game, you cant really use that as an example. And no, i haven't played Avatar, but its probably a action/platform game. In a way, the action/platform movie tie in game is a theme too, thanks to Acclaim.. but now im just picking nits

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You know, I'm agreeing with the people saying NOVA is pretty good. I had a chance to play it on my friends iPod, and it was fantastic. I personally have no clue how anyone can complain about it's controls. Also enemies having no 'personality'? Halo didn't have that either until Halo 2. I normally find gameloft's games to be overhyped and superficially designed (cept for a few i.e. MC, real soccer 09) but this one is actually really good.
    The only negativething I find is the blatant rip off of halo. I wouldn't mind like half of it being ripped off, but they went a bit too far this time.

19. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Fanboy!!!!!!

You fanboys are pathetic.

20. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    obvious troll is obvious