Universal Hammer Bomb - First person arcade dungeon crawler (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 30, 2016.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    haha yeah, I'm 40 and I'm definitely into the arcade feel of games. For some reason my kids loved it and spread it to their friends so I think it is pretty kid friendly. We are working on a pretty massive update right now :)

2. Punchram

Punchram Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Yeah, I'm also 40 and currently at level 76 with no signs of slowing! Looking forward to the update.

Quick thoughts now that I've unlocked just about everything:

Maybe this will be addressed in the update but XP incrementally loses value as you get to higher levels - primarily because everything is unlocked - but also because the reward for leveling up doesn't appear to expand that much (if at all) as you gain levels. At this point, by far the most important thing is how many weapons you can accumulate. As such, I tend to intentionally avoid grabbing the quest item because I don't want to take a chance that a chest won't hold weapons. What's more, after investing gold in locksmith perks and the thief perk, there's very little to be gained from rescuing prisoners. I guess this also promotes farming the bosses for weapons as someone pointed out earlier, although that's a different issue (and I haven't given in to that particular loophole just yet).

For the XP issue, I suppose an easy solution would be to improve the haul you get in the level-up chest. Maybe add weapons? Add to the gold reward and then add in some kinds of major gold sinks to have something else to work towards?

It will be interesting to see what the update brings. Regardless, it's a great game.

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    42 here and I love this game. It has a badass pick up and play, get sucked in for longer than intended quality about it. And it has one hell of a mid-game save system. It saved my progress for about 3 days so it will probably do so indefinitely.

Josh, is it a double tap to attack with the sword? It seems like I always have to tap more then once to make the sword swing. However with the missile weapons if sneeze to hard (hyperbole) it launches its projectile into the wall. Also, I read where you said the bug where you can't turn and get stuck in the wall is hard to reproduce. Is there a log or something I can send you? I seem to get that every few times I play.

Anyway, thanks for the great game.

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Love how we are all trying to "out age" each other or something haha :)

Josh, I figured out what was going on with the Android/Samsung S6 deal. So, when I pick up a second weapon, it becomes my selected one. If I tap on the backup in the middle of the screen, my movement stops, even if I'm turning, the game keeps going though...

BUT, if I then tap on the weapon again (now in the left corner) I can start moving and grooving again.

Does that make sense?

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I hope this game stays popular and gets a lot of attention. Not sure why there aren't 100 pages yet

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #86 JoshCM, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    yup and its fixed now. Will be in the next update. We added the tap to stop in the corner and it screwed up the weapon slots. Bye bye tap to stop. Crap I guess I'm not the oldest here :p

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I think we need some big YouTubers to play the game for it to get more popular. We were on some big channel in Portugal last night and I saw lots of new ratings from Android users there. Guess we'll find out as more things trickle in.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    No its definitely single tap, but I think the sword doesn't release til you let go. Try swinging wildly and see what happens.

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Massive update is nearing completion. Should be submitted by Friday.

10. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Cool! I got an update on Android, is this that or something more? I LOVE the minor changes you made, such a silly, fun game!

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    its something major - huge content update. The android update was just a few tweaks.

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I love this game too (age=55) and bought the ad-removal IAP. I have played very few games in the months since Game Center went bad on me, but this keeps me coming back!

13. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Ive been playingn a lot of this and Forget.Me.Not and I iust realized how similar they are. Just one D of difference!

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I fricking love Forget me not.

15. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    Cool game I should say! Really love it! But sometimes I feel a bit boring when all the tasks are accomplished, all the monsters killed and you have to go to the Exit across the whole empty labirynth (when it's BIG, it's even more boring and I often just closes the app, because I have no patience or time to go the exit)

16. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Love the Tundra!!! Cool new enviroment for sure!!!

17. Fra3guitars

Fra3guitars Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Pixel Artist
    Rome, Italy
    just downloaded! really curious with this one

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    #98 JoshCM, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    A big update just hit!

Here's the list:

-New Biome: Tundra
    -New Enemies: Penguin, Walrus, Scorpion (only appears in the survival zone)
    -New Boss: The Yeti
    -New Survival Zone in the Jungle (it's hidden)
    -New Weapon skins pack In-app purchase
    -New save system - lets you start a new game or continue a run
    -New Rare Weapon - Hot Tuna!
    -New Quests: Taco, Fish sticks, Turkey
    -New Daily coins! (tap the cat!)
    -Control enhancement - Swiping left or right against the wall nudges you over to show when a turn can happen
    -Localisation fixes
    -Fixed bug with weapon slots
    -Other bug fixes and tweaks

19. Punchram

Punchram Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Josh,

Loving the update so far, especially the hot tuna!

One issue I've come across is I can't get to the shop - not the in game items but the IAP part. When I click on the blinking words, nothing happens. Also the remove ads option is still there even though I've done it already.

Other than that, the new stuff has been great. Looking forward to finding the jungle!

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #100 Jayg2015, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Are u kindling me!
    There goes my week!
    Awesome.
    Anyone getting more ads