Universal Hammer Bomb - First person arcade dungeon crawler (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 30, 2016.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    A couple of suggestions for this great game:

- [sound] Allow the player the option to mute voices and boss meter sounds. This would be especially useful while listening to music / podcast since it's a tad bit distracting when the game blurts out "FIND THE HOTDOG!" while trying to enjoy Chopin "Nocturne No.1 in B Flat Minor, Op.9"

- [purchasing] A checkmark besides the permanent IAP if purchased by the player would be excellent.

- [gameplay] Increased effectiveness of Torches (longer duration, used as a "puzzle key" for certain secret rooms).

I have been playing this game constantly since release. One of my favorite new releases in the past couple of months.

2. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    #142 popjam5, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Hi. I'm really liking this game so far, playing on android and it definitely is going to stay on my phone. I have a couple of suggestions though:

-The option to disable perks once you have bought them, or at least the radar perks. Sometimes I want to make the game more challenging for myself :). This also brings me onto the second suggestion:

-A hardcore mode. I feel like the game is too easy now, and it takes a little bit too long to progress unless you have lots of time on your hands. With the temple-run like mechanics (which I love) i think a harder, 'pick up and play' mode which you would die very easily would be amazing. For example, there would be no regeneration of lives (or very rare). Certain perks would be disabled, such as the radar one so you can't see whats next. You have to start in the first dungeon every time. Also, once you die you wouldn't be able to revive yourself, that's it. The levels would ramp up in difficulty quickly with more monsters and instead of doing side quests and finding xp the main goal would be to get to the exit. I think it would please all the hardcore players out there and I would love having a hardcore mode I can play on the bus or something when I don't have much time, because as much as I love the game it sometimes is a bit boring when I'm not multitasking e.g as the person said above while listening to a podcast.

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    A mode that disables the radar would be a welcome addition. While I like the safety the radar provides most of the time, it does make the game feel less tense and at times I want to play without knowing where the enemies are located.

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It's funny how split people are on the radar. Part of our pocket gamer review said it was a terrible mistake to not have radar enabled from the start. I think that's a good suggestion though.