Hardcore gamers on iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by liquidmutiny, May 30, 2012.

1. HungarianUrinalCakes

HungarianUrinalCakes Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    I think that this "shift" that I keep hearing about in regards to games moving to the mobile platform is both terrifying and exciting. The prospect of having any number of games at my disposal whenever I want is fantastic, but... I don't need so many generic "casual" games.

Games like "Angry Birds" or "Cut the Rope" can only hold my attention for five minutes at a time. There just isn't enough substance. I find that the only games that excite me are the remakes and ports of tried and true games from other systems. I would have cried to see GTA3 playing on a freakin' phone back in '01!

Games like "Aralon", "Mission Europa", or "Galaxy on Fire 2" are RARE gems in the app store and until more games like those are made for true hardcore gamers, I will never consider my phone a true gaming device.

Majority of my memory is designated for emulators and roms. THAT is what makes my iPhone a great gaming device. Thousands of REAL games.