Hatch - A Cute Pet that Lives Inside Your Phone (Impending & Realmac Software)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RaptorF35, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillryu

phillryu Well-Known Member

Yep, we kind of went dark on communications but were working steadily away at it, just trying to get it done so we could share the news you guys wanted to hear. It took longer than expected haha.

Aw sorry yeah we're sticking to the 20th.

Just be ready to pick up plenty of your Fugu's poop :p It's quite proud of its creations.

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Stoked. So amped. Big fan of all your apps (I use Clear constantly) and I think this is gonna go off. Inbuilt colour coordinated hatchlings in the 5Cs FTW :)

3. phillryu

Awesome! And you're onto something there, generation 1 colors match iPhone colors :D (Early adopter colors are generation 0 basically.)

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    That would make me a generation 0. I adopted mine forever ago and I've forgotten what it looks like. I wonder if this ever happens to Brad and Angelina....

5. phillryu

Oh dear I would hope not :p I think you'll be happy sticking with your early adopter choice though, they should be start special and will get rarer as it goes.

6. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Oh cool! Just found my early adoption email. I've got a Grey Fugu. Sounds kinda messed up
    considering I'm only 30 but that's life.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I love the art for this but the trailer doesn't tell much about the game to me... I'm not sure what kinds of features it has to keep going (like Digimon and Tamogatchi evolve + some have mini games). I'm not sure if this has anything like that?

8. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm not too sure either but going off their other software I wouldn't be surprised if half the fun is in the experimenting.

9. phillryu

We'll be sharing some more here through the week, but the 1.0 includes a couple activity-like features (a camera and a 'micro game' I can't really spoil yet that unlocks once you've built up 100% trust). And your pet will want a nice collection of blankets.

The biggest way it will evolve is in our updates. Hatch is all about a relaxing, longterm experience and relationship with your pet and we'd like to keep things interesting. Working on the 1.1 now and hoping to have it basically ready to go when we put out the 1.0. :)

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Similar to Tamagotchi?

Please Please Please :D

11. phillryu

One of our beta testers described it as "tamagotchi crossed with wonder". But you'll need to be the judge of that yourself :)

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    This will be universal right? Really want to see those gorgeous black eyes of Grey on the large screen :D

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have no idea what Wonder is but your updates and high involvement sound promising. Okay I'll bite :) I've been looking for an awesome pet game for my ipod that doesn't involve me giving money to my pet to make him better (I knew some pets were always scheming to rob me!)

14. phillryu

Ahhh, sorry to say not in the 1.0. It will run on iPads but Universal support is a feature we'll need to get to, hopefully sooner than later in our roadmap.

Great, I have a feeling you will get along great with your pet :)

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Argh damn it, all this wait and still won't be an HD version :p guess I'll be waiting longer then. Don't like playing in x2 mode it's not the same.

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    All I can say is, thank goodness it's finally here. Not sure exactly what your marketing team did with that trailer/teaser website (some sort of digital meth is my guess :p), but my daughter (9) has been bringing this up every 6 weeks or so since last December; really stuck in her head.

I have a soft spot in my manly exterior (heh) for virtual pets as well, so this will be one household all full of fugu come next week.

17. phillryu

Hah we kind of modeled the site from our experiences waiting anxiously to bring home a new puppy. Maybe too well, especially considering how extended the wait ended up being.

I just hope our Fugu lives up to your girl's expectations! (And yours hah.)

18. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Just got my egg in the mail :)

19. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Same here :) Can't for it! I didn't realise you are from Oz as well.

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Oh no I missed the chance to get an egg! Is there anyway to get an early egg in the mail like you guys?