Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by upsidedown, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

1. Yes,1-2

39 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Yes, 3-5

10 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Yes, 6+

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. No

159 vote(s)
    72.6%
  1. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    After some time playing Eliminate I have to say Ngmoco is a very clever and visionary company:

-There is thousands of people playing a new released game.
    -I can play for free no matter the hour with friends or not.
    - I can play the game on casual times, like 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in night and I will level up and get new items
    -Or I can play more hardcore all the time I want for free without getting levels but for me is fun playing with the items/levels I have, I want to level up but I am not obsessed with that more that to get fun from the game

And with the Appstore pricing trend this new sell model is one of the few posibilities for an online only game to be an exit.

I congratulate Ngmoco and I will buy some energy pack in future to support the idea.

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Ok, I am not saying that ngmoco isn't going to be successful.

And I am NOT a person who typically 'complains' about the price.
    In fact, this is the first time that I have complained about the price of any app.

When you say that some people expect an 'all you can eat' price, you are really saying that some people expect a 'typical game'.
    Most games tend to have a price attached to them, you buy the game, then you can play the game. Simple as that.
    So this is not an 'all you can eat' type game, like most other games.
    Instead it is a 'pay then have a mouthful, then pay again to take another mouthful'. And that just isn't right IMO.

Like other TA members have said, I wouldn't mind paying $30 for this game if the game included all content at no extra cost.

The current system, although profitable for ngmoco, is just plain wrong, greedy and unreasonable/unacceptable. Therefore I will not contribute to their profit, and unless they change, I might not even buy another game from them.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Do you at least realize that you're in an extreme minority?

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #44 LBG, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    An extreme minority on the global scale, but on TA scale, I certainly wouldn't say that I am an extreme minority.
    Have anything else to say?

edit - there is a poll in a thread here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=31643

At the time of this message, 40% (14 people) voted that they would pay more than $20 for a premium game.

I wouldn't call 40% an extreme minority.

5. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Lol, chill out dude. =)

I may have expressed myself a little clumsy but my point was that i admire mgokko! I have no bad intentions i just wanted to point out the awsome concept these guys have come up with. A idea that most likley will generate alot of baloobas.

If you like mbongo as much as it sounds then you should dance of joy right about now becouse this company is going to get paid off. Bigtime.

6. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Boy you're insightful.

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I bet you they`ll be the first one to cry if the same game was released for $30 for unlimited online gameplay. The rare few who`d actually pay will also be disappointed as there will be no one online to play with. Even at a reasonable $10 I doubt they`ll find too many players most of the times.

I cant figure what exactly is wrong in playing for free without energy? If ngmoco would have limited you to only a few games in a given time I`d have strongly supported you but you can play for free whenever you want. You can play all day long without shelling out a penny. You just dont earn credits for all the non energized games but how does that really affect the game?

In fact I love this free idea. I`d have easily paid $10 for it but most of the people shelling out that much would be experienced gamers who`d frag the hell out of online FPS n00bs like me :eek:
    Right now I dont really need to worry as there are quite a few people online with all kinds of skill levels to be killed by yours truly :D

I seriously think this free app idea is in the best interest for both the gamers and the game itself. The only thing I could agree with you is that energy could have been a bit cheaper. But that rules out as soon as you realize energy is NOT REQUIRED to play this game ;)

8. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I think that opinion is very intelligent and for sure if this game cost 10$-30$ there will be no people online only hardcore people obsessed with the game that will need 3 seconds to win me in a match and I will be bored with the game in a week..

I don´t liked that much at first the idea of pay to play but I can play free and people that hate that idea then tell another one better that can be realistic and can get thousands of people playing the game

9. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I've bought one so far. I'm really addicted to this game...

10. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    I bought a $10 pack and two $1 packs all today. Figured it would last me a while and it's good to help support NGMoco.

11. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    When you say "it will take a while" and "slowly recharges energy" you make me laugh, you won't pay a cent, I am sure

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Well considering you can play all you want unenergized, that isn't the case. As NOVA has no rpg system its like playing eliminate without energy

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    well yea but you have to be honest, whats the point of playing a game where u cant even get anywhere unless u pay? im down for the dlc, but they really need to reconsider their pricing layout

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    How do you know that Nova has no RPG system?

15. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I agree with this.

What is the point in playing with no energy if you won't get anything? I turn Eliminate off as soon as I run out of energy.

So far it looks like my predictions are coming true! Look at all those "No's".

16. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yeah, I tend to agree with this as well. As much as I've enjoyed eliminate, I really don't see the point of playing w/o earning anything. As said before, the main point is to get credits, which will help you earn better equipment. But w/o earning credits, you're better off playing bots and not raising your skill level, which ruins the fun of it.

This is entirely my opinion of course, and shared by many people. So for me, I see this as a casual game, not a hardcore game. I would much rather buy a premium price and never pay for any packs, but I'm not complaining. It's a great bargain (for free) and Ngmoco did an exceptional job with this.

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    May be it`s not the game for you but for most of us it`s quite a lot of fun. I`m seriously not getting what this energy obsession is all about. Shouldnt you be playing a game just coz its fun to play? Especially when its free to play.

19,500 games played so far. 250,000 innocent players fragged. Eliminate is already in the top grossing list. Which NO`s are you talking about :rolleyes:

18. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I think NGmoco might have underestimated the amount of people that only download free games and don't pay another penny. I think that will be the death of Eliminate.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Have you people who "don't see the point of playing without earning anything" ever played a death match game before? Or other video games for that matter? How is fragging people in Eliminate when you're unenergized any less fun than playing other death match games (or other video games) where you earn nothing other than the enjoyment you got while playing the game?

20. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I don't understand it but there are people that high score leaderboards matter to them. If they can't get on it they won't play it. Would guess it is the same type of person that cares more about levels than enjoyment of playing the game.