Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by upsidedown, Nov 3, 2009.

?

Have you bought energy packs in Eliminate?

1. Yes,1-2

39 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. Yes, 3-5

10 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Yes, 6+

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. No

159 vote(s)
    72.6%
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Yeah I guess I don't get it, maybe I'm just playing video games wrong by playing them for the purpose of having fun.

2. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I see your point, and I have played death match games before. But people in CoD and others don't get additional things called credits while you play them. Everyone's fair and equal; no one's getting anything more or less. But in this game, the other players are getting credits to power up their equipment, while you're playing for "fun".

Sure you're still blasting away no matter if you get credits or not, but it definitely isn't equal in fun, or else people wouldn't be paying. People who earn the credits are getting an additional thing that you are not. The enjoyment from the game is still there whether or not you are energized. But for people like me, or maybe only me, the motivation for playing just isn't there for me. I can't compare this to Modern Warfare 2. So without the energy packs, I feel no reason to play. But when I am bored, I can get on for to "practice" against other people unenergized. It just doesn't quite match up with being able to earn credits.

3. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    But is possible to get credits/levels without paying, only at a slow pace. A different story would be if the ONLY way to get levels is paying. I will be near level 10 in only a day without any money ingame yet

4. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    It never ends! I truly don't understand. People claim they would be willing to pay $30 for this game if they had access to everything, but won't buy $30 in energy even though that would be enough to acheive a considerably high level and unlock most of the weapons and armor?

5. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes is a nonsense, people complains about everything. If the game costs 30 then you will see the same amount of complains
    That is what is making forums boring for me lot of the time. It´s as easy as that: enjoy the game if you like or go to another game/thing

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Pack Pricing

Of course, I don't know this, but I would be willing to bet that when NOVA comes out, energy packs will either drop in price or you will get more for the money.

I really like eliminate. I'm horrible at FPS console games, but I won the first round of eliminate I played online. Making it free is fantastic for people like me who are awful at these sort of games.

And feel free to add me as a Plus+ friend. Jerutix is my user. I'd love to shoot/get shot by you sometime.

7. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I agree, I usually don´t play FPS online because I get tired of losing all the time but here in Eliminate I win sometimes and is fun in that way. Maybe because Eliminate is more casual? I don´t care, I like all good games no matter the label

8. hockeyfight

hockeyfight Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Washington
    I havent yet and dont plan on it. It will be a big waste of money. $1 for 3 games? Ill pass

9. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Point is you won't max everything out with $30 so it's not like buying a Full game. Likely you would be spending more than a 360 title to get to the max level.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

I don't know how you keep missing the part where you can get to the maximum level without paying a cent, it just won't happen overnight. If you're impatient you can spend money to upgrade your character sooner. Otherwise, you can unlock absolutely everything inside the game by earning credits every day when your free recharge comes up.

11. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    u cant deny how unrealistic that is tho hod..i mean, 3 games on 1 bar..thats maybe..300-600 credits? thats like maybe 1-2 lvs when ur low, but once u get in the 20s thats barely 1. plus thats if ur outrageously good and can get 80+ credits per game..and the more u play, the higher ur skill level gets, so eventually ur playing way higher lv ppl than u with buffed arm + weps vs. u. :/

12. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    There's no point in arguing over this... I'm always right :D

Waiting to get energy might be ok for the casual gamer. Back to the 360 for some real gaming. :cool:

13. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    Why is it so tempting to get an energy upgrade??? The game is really addicting!

14. arn

arn Administrator

Apr 19, 2008
    So far your doom and gloom predictions have been pretty wrong. These included:

- They won't hit #1 because of all the bad reviews -> They just hit #1 Free
    - Servers will crash if they hit #1 -> Servers are running

I guess the remaining prediction is that they won't be able to make enough money on DLC. Eliminate has been bouncing around the top 100 grossing, so it's doing ok, but won't know this one for sure for a while I guess.

arn

15. Kiwii

Kiwii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Yes it's tempting to get some Power cells. But I rather not spend money on it. I might buy one energy pack. But that's it.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah, that's fairly unrealistic.

Also, I think it's a great idea if ngmoco provides an arena / room only for virgins, those who haven't bought any energy pack. I guess that's where the real heroes fight, those who don't buy their way up ;)

17. AlanCart

AlanCart Active Member

Oct 23, 2009
    exactly what i did and plan to do.

18. Komickid

Komickid Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Haven't but probably will sometime whenever I have some free time.

19. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    I have on one occasion bought a .99 cent pack. It went to fast, so I never bought again. Not sayin I wont purchase some energy again, I just havnt yet.

20. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    +1
    +1
    +1

and thats all I'm gonna say, as Hodapp pointed out, I am part of that "minority",and if I say anymore I feel I'll be chastised for "spamming".
    But I would gladly pay what I pay for a DS game, since I just know, owning 600+ apps from day one, that I'll dump way more into this than that 30 bones....