iPhone Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft (By Blizzard Entertainement)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillCN

WillCN Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Ok, is it coming out this month for iPad?

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I just tried on the pc and played the first 5/6 missions beating Illidan and then one practice game. I have to say I love the graphics and the way the game plays is just begging for touch screen. One thing I didn't even think about was sound it's also amazing, I love the voice acting and cards having the same sounds from WoW which I really should have expected but didn't even consider!

So for those of you that have played more once I play practice and unlock all of the heroes and then work at getting 20/20 for each hero are there missions vs pve again instead of straight to pvp? I also didn't notice anywhere for daily missions ect I know I didn't play long enough but had to try while I wait for iPhone.

3. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Missions are coming but not yet. Just pvp after practice now.

4. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    All the quests are PvP, but you can do all of them in Casual mode (or the Arena mode, if you want) so it doesn't affect your rank when trying to complete them. I believe they said they were looking to introduce more PvE content in future expansions/updates, though.

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the replies, so can you play practice endlessly to unlock all heroes and their decks also? I just figured I'd rather get a better deck rather than jump right into pvp.

I do remember them mentioning there would be pvp and pve thought it might have made it in by now but glad it's coming.

6. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    That works but you get more xp from playing against people. There's not penalties for losing so that's what I did.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    You can only unlock the basic cards for each class deck. The good cards only come from packs or crafting.

8. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I can almost guarantee this will come out on Thursday, bc on Friday ulmo going out of town and won't have wifi for 4 days.

9. TotallyImba

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I don't think this will be out that soon, I predict around the end of March.

10. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    #70 cdkilgore21, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    You guys think progress/card collections and decks will carry over from the PC version?

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Someone already said yes, it's linked to your battlenet account so I don't see why it wouldn't as they will likely make you make an account to play if you don't already have one anyway.

12. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Awesome. Read through the thread a while back but must've missed that. I just started playing on PC and I'm having a blast!

13. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Yeahhhh so I couldn't run this on our old as heck Mac (~8yro) and was severely disappointed but today was able to borrow a sibs laptop for a couple hours that was able to run it... This game is awesome.

Her laptop is pretty terrible so it ran a bit slow though regardless it was fun. I'm still just running practice runs to unlock more heroes and will continue to grind away until I can play this sexy game on my iPad Air. :D

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I get a little go here and there but really just want it for my iPhone or iPad if I decide to buy one. Love the game and sounds and want to play much much more

15. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012

Blizzard said that the iPad version will be playable at Pax East, which is April 11-13. No way this comes out before then. Mid to end of April at best.

16. Codman7

Codman7 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    This game totally rocks. I've been playing it for some months already (got an early beta access) and it's so far away (on the good side) from any other card battler on mobile.

It has all the Blizzard trademarks: accessible to everyone, fun, great art style (I was absolutely amazed with it) and you can play it from a few minutes to hours.

I'd say it's 60% skill - 40% chance. I strongly recommend it.

17. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012

and it should translate perfectly to an iPad.

18. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I read in on another thread somewhere, can't remember where that people got it working on their iPad by streaming it through Splashtop. I haven't tried that yet, but it might be possible if you have a mac at home.

19. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Yes, I have done it but it's not the best solution ever. You have to downgrade your resolution to 1024x768 due to the fact that with this resolution the game responds good without a lot of lag but it's somehow ugly. IF you leave the resolution as it is in the pc desktop eg 1920x1080, the ipad get shrinked and it has big black borders and of course lag. So, either you have low quality and normal speed or higher resolution but with some problems.
    I have tested it with ipad 4. I don't know if with the ipad air or mini retina, the things are better though.
    And also you can change heartstone's resolution from inside, from ingame but it's getting ugly again. I have not tested it with unlimited internet but only with wifi. There is a possibility for splashtop to have internet connection wherever you are and be able to connect to your pc but with a price: to pay per month or per year. I have not tested it because I didn't want to pay more but in under some circumstances that you would like to play this game wherever you are (e.g. work), even with lag maybe is the only solution.

20. TotallyImba

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #80 TotallyImba, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing, it is full of the usual things you can expect from Blizzard, brilliant charm, presentation and super fun gameplay which instantly hooks you in. My only problem with this game is that it takes a very long time to get gold to buy packs and dust to craft cards.

If you buy a pack, it costs 100 gold and the pack only contains 5 cards including one guaranteed rare or above. It's hard to build a good deck for multiple classes unless you are going to invest a lot of money into the game. When you start if you want to play competitively you have to practically pick a class and focus on it as it is takes so long to get the good cards unless you purchase packs for real money (bearing in mind 2 packs costs £1.99!)

I chose a warrior deck and have almost finished making it, however to do this I had to disenchant practically every other available card I had for the remaining classes to get the dust to make the cards I required.

Blizzard have definitely got themselves a gem here which will suck people in and it will tempt players to pay the money to get those rare, epic and legendary cards. Hell, it didn't take me long to splash £6.99 on 7 packs of cards but you can imagine the disappointment on my face when I only got 1 epic card and no legendary!

Still highly recommend it though when it arrived, it's just not as quick and easy to build multiple strong decks as say games like Shadow Era.