iPhone Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft (By Blizzard Entertainement)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Yes thats cool, I can't wait!

2. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    they need to hurry up and bring this out, I am tired of playing on a laptop! This game screams for tablet on the couch.

3. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I have a chromebook for laptop so I'm chained to my desktop when I want to play it. Very annoying. First world problems.

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Yup looks great

5. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm excited for the imminent release too guys! Trying to build up a respectable collection of cards for when the time comes.

Haven't had amazing picks from the packs I've earned by playing yet, but I'm still winning enough games to keep me playing.

6. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    What are the chances of a soft launch?

7. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I got my first legendary card after my worst performance in the arena ever. That made me laugh.

8. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Oh thats cool you can still win one, this game is very about fun, luck and surprise :)

I'm trying to collect all the gold cards they have very beautiful animation.

9. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Any chances of a soft launch?

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    This game for iPod touch too?

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, iPhone, iPod and Android versions coming in the 2nd half of this year.

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #112 vii-Lucky, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Great to hear!

finally a game to replace Adventure Time Card Wars!

EDIT:

This game requires inter connection to play right?

13. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Yep, all the time.. which is awful.. The only negative to this game :(

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm, still not in the NZ store. Hope it will get a world wide release tomorrow or friday. I need this so bad D':

15. ibMurph

ibMurph Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Don't count on it. It's been announced that the iPad version will be playable at PAX East on April 11; this makes me believe it wouldn't be available until after.

Maybe though it's released that day or the following week, the latter I believe to be pretty likely. I think in a Q&A Blizzard did on Twitch a week or so back they stated that the iPad version is near complete and will be ready for release in a few weeks.

Thursday, April 17th is the day I predict.

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Hmm but the first official ranked session starts right after the fourth test session which ends on March 31, 23:59 o'clock according to an official statement on the battleNET forums. I think it would be weird if Blizz decides to throw in all the iPad users in the middle/end of a session. According to datamined files iPad users should be able to participate in the first official ranked session. So here is still hope on my side...

17. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Hmmm, meditate to this I will...
    Yoda

18. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hearthstone came out next Tuesday. It would be the beginning of the season, and Blizzard likes to release games on Tuesdays because that's when they do their server maintenance. But part of this is just wishful thinking. I wouldn't expect to see it more than a week or two later than PAX East at the latest, though.

19. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The only bad thing about the late release on the iPad is that there are so many players at this point with rares/legendaries in their deck. I played a lot during beta, had a great time, took a break, then came back when they officially released it publicly and the competition is tough now. It isn't tough so much from a strategic point, but rather people just doling out gold rare/legendaries back to back, which makes playing a little unbalanced. That is unless you plan on putting out some cash to buy decks and to craft cards, then you should be fine, but I don't plan on paying for decks and have stuck with the starter deck and any decks I can purchase with in game gold or from disenchanting cards. It is a challenging uphill battle most of the time. I also am sticking to 1 class, and disenchanting any other class cards I win, but I can't imagine how much in game grinding, or paying out real cash it would take to build decent decks for multiple classes.

Or that could be just my experience in ranked play, casual play I'm sure isn't that difficult. The other gripe I have is some games turn into massive minion fests, and it can get a little overwhelming again when people with rares are able to either buff their minions to a much higher degree than any starter cards, or negate any damage you may put out with heals. Once I've only reached half mana, but my opponent is able to drop consecutive heals, mana crystal bonus cards, or back to back gold rare minion buffs at the +4/+4 level I save myself the headache and start another game. The best thing is that once you rank to a certain level, your rank won't drop until there is a system wide wipe.

Other than those two things, I absolutely love the game and the mage class. The abilities are for the most part balanced, there can be so many different outcomes and play styles to how games develop based on defensive/offensive strats, as well as many ways to counter. I still feel the native mage 2mana/1dmg fireball is too underpowered compared to other classes: For the same mana cost Priest gets a 2hp heal, Warrior gets a 2armor bonus, and the Hunter is a little too overpowered with its 2mana/2dmg shot. The graphics/music are what keeps me coming back, they really push to immerse you into something that feels more than just card battles.

20. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Nice review :) but any heroes are good, you just need to pratice and learn how to play each of them there are so many possibility.