Universal Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (by Blizzard)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

Ah, cool. Thanks!

2. Opinion

Opinion Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    So smooth and quick, registers my movements better than my ipad or pc. I'm now selling an ipad :)

3. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    So I just got this game and I'm a complete newbie. I was wondering which class I should pick or should I use all classes?

Also I noticed I get a 2 second delay whenever I attack. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

4. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Forgot I started playing on my battle.net account months ago. Never played much tho. Only have defeated 3 classes in Practice Mode. That is about to change thanks to this universal update FINALLY hitting!

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Id advise you to play through practice(ALL PRACTICE) before you decide who you like. Depends on your play style of course.

Whatever you do new people. DONT GO TO PLAY AGAINST OTHER YET! It will only depress you and make you wanna rage because you don't have said legendaries and what not. Get familiar with ALL cards when you're able to better understand the mechanics and the gameplay. Go back a page I wrote something that might help might not (;

Also add me Tasslehoff#1736 you can chat with me in game if you have questions. I'm on a bit

6. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Anybody playing hearthstone right now and willing to let me spectate their match? Ill get a free pack! Add me, MookMonster, or give me your id and ill add you, thx!

7. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Add me mook I'll jump on and wait

Code is in the post above yours

8. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Is there a way to keep this from crashing? I am totally new playing on a 4s, which I fear is why this is happening, but it's crashed twice now without getting through the first five matches. Runs fine really, only slightly stutters occasionally. But it heats up a wee bit and after more than about ten twenty min it crashed. Any solutions? Or is it a bug that could be fixed or is it cuz I have an old device? Need my taxes back... Lol

9. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Thx, added!

10. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    So excited! Of course this happens when I'm not able to get wifi until hours later.

11. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Do you have to play all arena games in the same sitting or can you come back to them?

12. Siannath

Siannath Member

May 8, 2012
    Could you guys please post high quality screenshots of Hearthstone running on different iPhone models? :)

No pressure, you can play it whenever you can. Even you can play one game on the iPhone, then the next on a computer (Mac or PC) :D

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thanks, I had a really good run today in Play mode after reading the guide, and Im now motivated to get more into the game again!

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Exactly what I was about to ask because I just played an entire arena thinking I might lose my entry. Great to hear, and thanks. SO happy to have this on my phone And I don't feel like it compromises much at all versus playing on my Mac, which I had just started doing in anticipation of this launch.

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    #1595 ItouchBrett, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Question. So I just downloaded this game for iPhone today. I have played on iPad before. Is it just me, or when I use a command to attack or really anything there is a bit of a pause to the game? Sometimes after I cast a spell or play a card it won't register for maybe 5 seconds. Just wondering as its kinda annoying

16. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Too little too late. Already totally hooked on Earthcore. So much better!

17. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    It is now complete: my 6 plus has completely replaced my iPad 2.

18. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #1598 hitmantb, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Blizzard seriously missed the boat on this one, way way way too late of a release. I don't understand why couldn't they have done this a year ago when games with far lower budget like Shadow Era have no problem with multiple screen sizes.

I sincerely hope they can at least beat Heroes Charge (which milks off Blizzard characters and game mechanisms) on the top grossing charts, but the golden window of opportunity already closed as Hearthstone is not even top 25 on iPad, forget about competing with the top freemium games on iPhone.

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I'm sure Blizzard doesn't have any complaints about the financial success of Hearthstone. And considering the multi-platform nature of the game, Apple's Grossing charts don't begin to measure it's success. Plus, Top Grossing doesn't mean Top Quality, which is undeniably what Hearthstone is. In fact, hearthstone's so good, it makes Freemium a tolerable word.

20. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I'd like to add a friend as well if ya don't mind.