Universal Heavy Blade (by Rocking Pocket Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RPGGuy, Nov 10, 2015.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Very nice! I'll definitely be looking forward to this! Thanks for the update! :D

2. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Version 2.0 is now available on iOS and TVOS with these additions:

- New Weapons: Pole Axe, Butcher's Blade, Heavy Axe, Lightning Sword
    - New Spells: Ice shards, Triple fireball, Magic Missile, Electricity ball
    - New weapons are unlocked after each chapter
    - Updated help screen
    - New sounds for weapons
    - Hit Barrels with spells
    - Fixed aspect ratio of buttons on different devices

3. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I am working on Version 3 which will have Blacksmith and Character menus where you can spend your gold on weapon and character upgrades. After that I will be adding some more story elements.

4. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Heavy Blade is now on sale for $0.99, for both iOS and Apple TV!

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Downloading now! Thank you for the sale!

Billy

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok I've given the game some sit down time. Here is the review I left on the AppStore.

Why 4 stars?

From the kicking sound track, to the visuals and intense gameplay, this game screams premium experience! The lighting effects really make you feel like you are in a dark dungeon and exploring those dungeons brings back nostalgia from all those old dungeon crawling games I used to play and love. There are a decent amount of levels and there's an ok amount of healing and mana potions placed throughout the dungeons. You must learn to dodge and attack opponents effectively to survive. The only reason I took off one star is because there are no increased sensitivity to the on screen controls in the settings. The swiping is not sensitive enough for me and I keep having to reswipe to move the way I wish. Other than this I would have rated it five stars. Thank you dev for a fun game. Thank you also for the sale.

Billy

7. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Ah nice . I almost bought all of the tv os games just wanna show my support to these developers

8. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    I think adding various Game Center achievements /linked achievements system in game would be nice :p

9. eLynch

eLynch Member

Feb 7, 2016
    On average, how long does it take to play the entire game?

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No idea but I can tell you each level so far has been a pretty decent size.

Billy

11. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The next version will be submitted soon which adds character and blacksmith menus. You can now spend the gold you collect to upgrade your weapons and character stats. The difficulty also ramps up in each dungeon which will require you to grind and upgrade more before you can complete the game. It really adds to the game and I'm sure everyone will like it :)

12. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    Wooohoooo we just had one hell of a hacking on the Apple TV wool
    Too bad this game doesn't support iCloud and I hope you will implement it soon also plz add Game Center achievements and linked with a in game achievement something . Now it feel kinda lacking on progression stuff

Adding in a pet system and allow players to customise it with random gems loot from the dungeon would be nice

And maybe make some rare spawn chest at the deepest darkest corner of the dungeon ? Rare spawn special named mob ? Like Everquest

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the update.

I like what you've added. It really adds depth. I've upgraded everything. Would you be able to put in options to move the buttons around? I keep hitting the magic button by mistake. I'm wasting shots a lot.

Billy

14. henrycupcake

Dec 26, 2015
    #54 henrycupcake, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    this game needs more GORE, more blood splatter & stick on the screen and let the players hack the dead enemies to pieces , maybe even have intestine flying around like that insurgent game?? come on! you can do so much more with this game

or add in a COOP mode so 2-4 players could kill each other in pop mode in a dark deep dungeon or work as a team to slash their way out????

or add in some quest NPC to stand in a corner of a dungeon ? even real racing 3 tvOS version can do local 4 player racing i don't see why you can't do this with this game

15. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Version 4 was just released. It features 2X resolution on iPad for 2D, and on iPad Pro 2X resolution for 3D as well.

There were some graphical glitches with shadows and white textures on iPad Pro and perhaps iPad Air 2 which should be fixed now. This was due to the differences in GPU's and the chip detection routines.

I may add more options in the next release, including y axis inversion, adjustable touch sensitivity, and different placement options for controls.

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, I think I like this guy!!:D #

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Saw this on sale for free and figured I'd give it a shot.

Pretty fun dungeon crawler so far. Nice graphics and enemy variety,

One question though. I got to the portal at what I assume is the end of the first level and the second level still seems to be locked. Is there something else that needs to be done to unlock it?

18. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    anthony78: Are you sure you're looking at the level and not the dungeon screen? Nobody else has reported any progression issues.

Version 4.1 is out now and added touch and gamepad camera sensitivity options. This will let you look around much faster and not drag your finger as far.

19. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #59 Psychor, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    When can we expect automatic iCloud save support?

Thanks.