Universal Hell Quest: Tears of God (by Forest Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I want to like this, but...

The cool downs are annoying & I'm not going to pay extra for it...just like I do on real racing.

Also, I am way confused. Is there a way to repeat tutorial? A FAQ?

I have no idea if I'm rerolling all my dice or just the ones I didn't select because they were not helpful...

There is a lot of depth, but I'm completely lost...

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    You keep the ones you select and reroll the rest. If you have reserve dice available, these replace the ones used up.

You can access the rules I'm the options menu.

3. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    I just used major prayer & I still have cool down, so I try again & it's in German-huh?

4. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    fixed in the update forthcoming - should be within a few days!

5. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks

6. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    check out the Options. located there are the complete rules + a short version of the rules (The Decalogue). you can also play the tutorial again there. in battles, press pause and you have access to the two ruletabs mentioned above!

I understand that. we will implement other IAP as time goes by (like colored textures for your normal dice). as to waiting or paying: that's the option you have - you choose not to pay and that's ok. if you want to help us gain some extra bucks (because all that monetization stuff aside, it might be that you like the game), check out the offerwall in the shop (available upon
    reachin lvl10).

hey Amenbrother! seems like ages since we talked in the Companions and ToH threads! :)

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Things I cannot figure out or am at least unclear on:

Quest Timers -

Each minor set of quests, e.g. Pilgrimage or Exorcism, have a timer counting down until new mission. I think the gist is that it's related to the particular combination of enemies as shown by the numbers next to the skull and the skull wearing a crown with glowing eyes. If you don't start a particular combo, it rolls a new set of enemies once the timer runs down. What I don't know is what the different enemy types are represented by the skull/king skull icons. Is the King Skull a mini boss with a chance to drop dice, or just something else entirely?

Each major set of quests related to a big boss battle (some number of Pilgrimages, Exorcisms, and Crusades followed by a Warden Quest) have a longer timer of roughly 1 week on them. There is a tool tip that says quests don't end so long as you have a character assigned to them, so is this just like my assumption for the minor quests, the particular combo of minor quests you have to complete to reach the warden only reset once a week or after completion of a major quest?

Special Dice -

How exactly does our dice inventory work? If we assign a special die to one of our slots, is it guaranteed to be in our starting 8, or is it just a chance of it appearing, and can it appear in the reserves?

8. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey, sry for the late answer. family business! :)

the king skull represents "Elite" enemies. they have higher levels and are more dangerous, but also yield mor exp and resources.

try holding your finger on some of the elements. there are quite some tooltips to be found!

the combo of quests either resets after you beat the warden crusade or if the timer (7 days) has counted down to zero. Note: if you have a character in a warden crusade and the timer drops to zero, you can still finish the quest!
    it can appear in the reserves or in your starting hand. it may even be, that in a round where you have, say, 2 out of 4 reserve dice, the special dice is located in the two "missing" dice!

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I am - enjoying this one a whole hell of a lot more than I thought I would! It's a great game! =oD

10. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not sure if this a bug exactly, but it's definitely unwelcome:

Characters do not start healing after your death time-out *until* you start the game up again. So, it's not 12 hours + 3-4 hours for them to heal before you can play again, it's 12 hours + whatever number of hours before you start the game up, then another 3-4 hours before you can play again.

The current implementation can force you to have to check into the game solely for the sake of starting your character healing even if there's nothing else you can do.

11. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    1.0.2 has this fixed (we uploaded the patch on wednesday). sry for the inconvinience!

@synthetic: glad you like it! :)

12. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I downloaded this game when it first came out. It was running perfect when I first played and I really liked it. Then I reopened the game and a popup explained my device could not support it because of memory . The old dreaded itouch 4g. :( Apple can't get their iPad five and mini iPad retina out fast enough for my liking!

13. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    @Capricornman: download the game again. since 1.0.1 we support iPad1 and iPod4!

14. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the update, downloading right now:)

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    there is another update waiting for review now, that has a LOT of balancing re-tweaks. hopefully soon...

16. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    question to you all:

what part(s) of the gameplay mechanics did you get instantly? and what part(s) could use more/better explanation?

17. Pgs3000

Pgs3000 Member

Apr 3, 2013
    hi

Hello!

i am new at this forum, and i joined because of this game.
    I love the game hell quest. The tactics i can use, the chance/skill ratio, very well developed! my compliments!

Now here is the fact. I want to play a game when i want and when i got time for it. Now, the "soul" part. The system of using souls is neat, but the amount of money i have to put in to enjoy the game for a few hours, is a bit much...

I rather pay 5€ for a game and play the crap out of it, then worry about "souls" running out and be not able to play for 24 hours...

maybe it's not a bad idea to make the chance of getting souls from killed enemies a bit higher? This makes the game more fun and you actually be rewarded for "skills".

Not how richer, how more fun to play.. not everyone is rich you know...

I really hope this is possible. Makes the game a lot more fun for me at least, and with me a lot of others.

18. smuttlegiaco

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    hey pgs3000!

glad you like the game!

1.0.3 will see heal cost halved, and most likely a higher chance of earning souls. we also drastically reduced resurrection time again (1.0.2 already sees lower res. time rates)

bear with us: we're still learning the "freemium" way. while we don't want to make the game playable for high spenders only, we have to beware of the opposite too - because making no money isn't good for business. :)

19. Pgs3000

Pgs3000 Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I appreciate your quick response. Feels good to read that you are working on this. It's not bad to earn money for al the labor you guys put into the making of this game. I hope there will be a nice balance between "earnings" and buying souls. It that will be the case, you guys have managed to create a very cool game, which doesn't cost a lot of money to be able to enjoy it.

Best regards and keep em coming! I love these kind of games. :)

20. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Did the difficulty increase? Or do I just suck...

Ps-much better tutorial

And thanks for your hard work!