Hero Siege Hate Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PBSNellie, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    On ipad it looks like watching wide screen movie on old tv with 4:3 resolution.. its like they force to fit on ipad...

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Where are the steam and Facebook posts from the Devs responding to concerns from the players? I'd appreciate having a look before buying.

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Not working on iPad mini 3, iPhone 6 or 6+

I created an account just to post this here. I bought the game upon release yesterday. Immediately crashes on "tap to start" screen. I contacted the developers who then blamed the bug on game maker and suggested I close all apps, restart, reinstall etc. there are multiple reports of this bug, yet the dev had this to say

"Panic Art Studios We have tested on Iphone 6, Iphone 6s, iPad Air and iPad mini and all of those worked just fine with no problems. And buggy mess? None of that I've seen.

Disable power saving mode, and close other apps from running in the background and It should run fine.

I have contacted GM about various problems but they dont care nor have the resources to address most of the issues" -Taken from Facebook page in response to one of my inquiries.

I am really bummed at both the game not working and the developers insistence on blaming the bug on Game Maker. I've been looking for a game like this on iOS for quite some time. I'm gonna try and reformat my iPad as the last thing they told me was that my iPad may be running out of memory, we will see.

4. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I was the guy the asked "what do you want us do?" I'm slightly angry right now

5. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Glad I read the thread but Billy's first post convinced me not to buy, the rest just solidified it. I will forever be avoiding panic art studios.

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #46 Repulsa, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    Bad business is bad business and it will come back to bite them at some point. Nobody likes to support people that tell them " well, what do you want us to do about it?" and just blame it on their software. At least tell people "I'm sorry you're having problems we will get on it right away" and then actually go do that. If you are taking people's money it's your job to make sure the customers are satisfied. If these guys gave a rats ass they would be in here telling us "sorry guys an emergency fix has been submitted to the App Store" but I wouldn't hold my breath

7. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up Billy. I was planning to buy the game until i saw your warning, saved me 10 bucks!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #48 metalcasket, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    I went ahead and did something I haven't done in years, literally, on the App Store. Requested and was granted a refund. What a shame. :(

And for clarification, for those of you who are angry at my previous "shitting on developers" comment (that has since been deleted with the rest of the thread clean-up)...look, there are ways to carry ourselves without looking like an angry mob set out to burn the developers at the stake. I'm not saying Billy was wrong to post what he did, and ultimately I too am more than thankful he did, but if you guys saw what happened in the Get 'Em thread, you'll know why I posted what I did too. This forum is a wonderful place where we all can interact with developers and ultimately help them make their products better...but how's that supposed to happen if they're permanently scared to partake in discussions because of a handful of seriously pissed off people (who in most cases haven't even bought the games in question) who want their heads on spears?

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    @metal fair point.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Metal I totally respect your opinion as a member of this forum and I get your point. I think you would have to agree that neither I nor Billy are in the habit of trashing Devs on these forums. But in this case I think we both had concerns which ultimately turned out to be valid. I'm sorry you had the hassle but glad you got the refund.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree, but the depiction of ppl wanting devs' heads on spears is beyond an exaggeration. I followed the Get'Em thread and it was a complete debacle but no one made threats. It was and like it always is, nothing more than ppl expressing their dissatisfaction. So, I guess if expressing dissatisfaction in one's opinion equates to 'shitting' on someone and implies wanting heads on spears then my perception of reality must be far from realistic. If a premium game is developed and monetized disingenuously then I can't blame anyone for labeling it as rubbish and if the dev can refute any misappropriated comments then he or she should stand directly behind their creation. Games are art in motion and like art will always be compared and criticized for better or worse. The day opinions are disallowed here is the day TA stops being a forum and becomes merely a promotional mouthpiece. Cheers #

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, if Billy is giving a dev hell, there's a 99.999% chance they deserve it. He's the most game dev supportive person I've ever seen.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    If I remember correctly, the original Android version of this worked better than the iOS version (still buggy, but better). And I actually enjoyed it somewhat.

That said, these devs certainly don't seem to give a rat's ass about mobile gamers and this "new" version is a huge slap in the face when they left the old one a mess.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hey, I was all for the energy system/timer/IAP-related battle royale in the thread, but the finger-pointing, conspiracies and accusations were BEYOND unacceptable.

15. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Not happy that I bought this once already and would have to pay for it again to play it. The first time it worked great for one of the many updates and for all the others it was totally broken... Then got pulled. No thanks, skipping this. It's really a shame because it's a great game... Just not trying to buy it twice to wind up with it getting pulled again.

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, that part of it was well absurd and highly uncalled for, without question.

17. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    #57 ZS77, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
    Still trying to get my head around how a game that topped out at £2.29 when originally released can warrant a ~180% price increase for a bugged re-release. The sad thing is, there are so many people out there that will still buy this because they just don't know the history behind it. Has to be one of the more blatant 'screw you' attempts I've seen over the years.

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I've already bought this & expansions + put money into it? I cannot download this without re-buying?

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Alright guys, let's keep this thread clean. I've taken the liberty to remove all the posts that really don't belong here and it's safe to say I've been very fair with what's remained. Please guys, please....you're free to discuss your concerns with this re-release, the bugs, the developers' apparent indifference to mobile, etc. but pointing fingers and calling the developers terrorists (for WHATEVER reason) and whatnot simply won't be tolerated.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep. You'll have to plop down $10 for this re-release.