Universal Heroes Call (by Defiant Development) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klicktock, May 30, 2012.

1. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Any comments about the suggestions I made earlier?

I'd like to hear from someone else if they are overpowered or not.

2. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Latest Stats

Hello all! Has anyone completed this game in Hard mode? I am making progress slowly, but steadily.

My latest stats are:

Warrior in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Wizard in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Shadow Assassin in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Warrior in Hard mode: Level 11
    Wizard in Hard Normal mode: Level 14 (26/30 quests completed)
    Shadow Assassin in Hard mode: Level 14 (26/30 quests completed)

How is everyone else doing?

Frisbee10461

3. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Beaten the game several times as wizard and knight. Never tried, nor do I want to try, hard mode. Because my ipad is a work Ipad, I can't buy the shadow assassin

4. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Coming Soon

Hello, all!

There are going to be some exciting things coming soon for Heroes Call. One involves the liches, and one involves the Combat Alchemist character. I think the devs should be the ones sharing this exciting news, so I'll leave it up to them. However, stay tuned. You will be pleased.

Frisbee10461

5. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I hope so.

And Fris, I took the plunge and went for some action on hard mode. Up to level 9 (1 away from 10) on the knight. Defintely need to utilize the bank more in Hardmode, and DPS is crucial, imho

6. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    #406 MarkoPolo, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
    I guess level 11 is the wall that I've hit too.... namely the Jovan wall.

4 health orbs in the room + 5 health potions + sword that slows him down = 3/4 down before he killed me.

Rinse and repeat 10 times.... hey look, I'm disgruntled with the game again.

Me thinks I'll just stop this and wait until defiant releases another update and see what the game does then.

7. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    I agree with the difficulty. It is a shame because this is a fantastic game. I am stuck, too, and will wait for the upgrade before continuing.

8. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Hey, I think with potions and all that, plus a slow down sword, you should be able to beat him. Just remember, he has the summoning power that deals massive damage...so while he's gonna do that, run away!

9. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I tried, but kept on getting hit, despite not being in the circle. I was out side the room and around the corner of Jovan (but still in his sight) but he was still hitting me for 150 damage.

After looking at it again, the slow down sword is a bit low on the DPS. I thought about switching it for a higher dps sword once I froze him, but in the heat of the moment, never did.

Maybe I was a bit hasty with my potions, quaffing one up when I could have taken 1 more hit, but after 10ish times dying to him, most of the times I have died have been from when I should have drank a pot, but thought I could take another shot from him only to die. As well, in retrospect, going for the health orbs might have been a bad deal, because as soon as I got one, I got hit by a purple fireball. Although I do find that the telesport/whateverits called is faster than the ball, so it's a practical way to avoid that damage.

Anywho... the new update is currently downloading as I type this, so I'm sorta anxious to see what's what.... the combat alchemist is avaliable, but to be honest, I'm more concerned about the Lich toning than classes.

10. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Lich damage/self healing have been toned... a lot

On the Here's Jovan level, a level 11 on hard for my warrior.... 1 lich in the main part and then Jovan. Jovan , who heals itself for 25-30 (instead of 150ish) throws purple fireballs hit for 35, roughly 4-5 times less that what it did preupdate. And the summoning only hits for 50ish.... again, 4-5 times less than what it used to do.

Haven't progressed much further than this (busy day so far) but it will be interesting to now see if the occurance has been toned at all now (ie: 6 liches per level, multiple liches in 1 room, etc etc)

11. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    So you're confirming that the lich damage (on HARD) has been toned down? I got the update on my Android tab but haven't played the game again yet. Combat Alchemist seems cool but I'll finish the Plague Wizard first I guess. I don't see a balancing of damage written in the changelog, hence I'm a bit skeptical.

12. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Sorry.

Yes, I was playing on the Hard setting.

13. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    #413 frisbee10461, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    Latest Stats

Hello, all:

How is everyone doing playing the game in Hard mode? I think the Lichies are challenging without being overwhelming. This is the perfect level of difficulty.

Here are my latest stats:

Wizard character in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Warrior character in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Shadow Assassin.character in Normal mode: COMPLETED
    Wizard character in Hard mode: COMPLETED
    Warrior character in Hard mode: COMPLETED
    Shadow Assassin character in Hard mode: COMPLETED

I have not yet tried the Combat Alchemist character yet because my maximum number of slots is filled at six. I am hoping the devs will increase the character slot max to eight.

Thanks,
    Frisbee10461

14. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Another change that I have noticed is the ogre ground smash seems to have a bit more of radius to it, so if you're going to go behind the ogre when they smash, make sure that you get all the way behind them. Pre update, you could get away with it, but not post update

15. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Dunno if anyone else is still reading these, but whatever.

Another welcome return is the potion drop rate.... I'm on level 14 hard with my knight and have had no potion issues. Potions seems to be regularily dropping, as opposed to preupdate, where they were rarer than rare at level 14. In fact, when I was grinding out on fickle, I killed a skellie lord and it dropped 2 potions... at the same time. I damn near soiled my britches!

After playing some levels with the undead, I noticed that the lich spawn rate has NOT changed on hard... I went through about 5,6,7 on the Jovan level at level 12/13. But so far, I haven't encountered any rooms with multiple liches. And they seem to hit harder as you go up in levels (last time I wrote, they hit for 35, but this past time, they hit for 90ish) but we'll see what happens on level 14 and how that works out... but again, this is a welcome change to what was preupdate.

One other question: on level 14 as the knight, there is a Sword of the Clouds for 200K that has the description that you can 1 shot people (not the exact wording, but that's the impression I got) Has anyone grinded enough to buy it?

16. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Thanks for the impressions. I am currently preoccupied with lots of other new games on a weekly basis (blame the community here!!!).

Anyways, one I get a quiet week, I'll surely get the CA and play through.

Btw, are you nuts in thinking of grinding through 200k? I played the BK and after finishing the whole campaign, I had like 18k coins. Still on LVL10 of the PW so not sure how much I'll be left with there. In all honesty, the drop rate is so low you'd grow a beard by the time you hit 200k gold coins!

17. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    #417 MarkoPolo, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    I have played other games where the grind was much much much much worse. That being said, because of the bank feature, this is a sword that I definetly would NOT throw out or sell. And I still haven't decided whether or not to go for it, I was merely asking if anyone else had (if someone has 5 other characters with a lot of gold on them, transfering the gold over via the bank can give you a big head start on that 200k grind)

So long as you grind smart, it's not THAT bad of a grind. You just have to be smart that's all. My method:
    1. Grind only short levels (Hail the King, Fickle)so you can kill a lot quickly and sell/identify quickly to get things done asap
    2. Buy a 2nd equipment page only and have all 3 apraiser slots open
    3. Have another character with lots of gold and transfer unitendified items via the bank to that character so they can spend the $$ to identify it, and then ship it back to the other character, but......
    4. Don't worry about that on the later levels. Do the bank eq identifcation thing only for the lowerish 7-12 levels. The reason being that early in the game when you don't have a lot of $$$, it's worth it to do so, but later on in the game, where the items sell for 250ish per unidentified sell, it's better to sell them unidentified and get back to grinding sooner, than it is to spend a lot of $$ or time waiting identifing gear to make something go from 250 to 450... just sell it off and grind more
    5. Grind for eq only every 4/5 levels.... I only reequip my character at levels 5,9, and 14

If you follow this way, you can grind out 50k in about half an hour on level 13/14

EDIT: I caved and bought an ubre sword that drains, knocks back, and slows the opponant... no 200k sword for me

18. frisbee10461

Feb 16, 2012
    Grinding?

For what it is worth, I did not buy a single piece of equipment, and I completed the game in both Normal and Hard modes for the Warrior, Wizard, and Shadow Assassin characters. The green equipment I get, I use and upgrade, especially if it gives you knockback or health orbs.

Just my two cents,
    Frisbee10461

19. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    that is just crazy.

Ruthlessly and financially effecient... but still crazy.

20. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Active Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Out of curiousity Frisbee (and others too, of course!)

What did you think of my suggestions on page 40? I know that the new update didn't mention any of these, but they might be cool for Heroes Call 2 (if that is in the works)

Whatcha think?