Universal Heroes Paradox (by Duksu Han) - WinterBleu -

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WinterBleu, Dec 12, 2015.

1. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Is this exactly like battleheart? Is it even worth buying since you can just play the original?

2. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Agreed best games ever made and still love them today

3. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    More battle heart not exactly the same,why play the 3 kingdom rush games if there all the same.if you like this kind of game support it.3 bucks

4. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #24 nkx, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    True. How many skills can each character use in battle? The game does look fun

5. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Such a thing really matters to you? Especially on mobile with its limitations or all the 8/16 bit RPGs, Roguelikes, Dungeon Crawlers etc. out there. Wow, you're shutting youself out from a lot of great games this way. But as you said, god bless. To everybody his/her own.

Imo the charcters look fine and yes, the backgrounds seem pretty poor with details. But who cares as long as the game is good?

^ This

Just bought the game an hour ago, having a good time so far.

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So no one yell at me but I never actually played Battleheart. It was on my radar back when I had an android device but I never did get it. So with that said in this game do the characters automatically attack? You position them by dragging them and they attack ?

Billy

7. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I don't mind clones as long as they are well made. I think i'm going to give this a try.

8. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    It's basically like a simplified RTS game. Do yourself a big favor and play Battleheart. Personally i like 1 more than 2. But they are both very fun.

9. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    battleheart ripoff lol

10. WinterBleu

WinterBleu Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Thanks for playing! and I appreciate your kind review.

11. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    I’m really glad you like it. thank you!

12. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Great! have a fun time with my game.

13. brainbean

brainbean Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Would it be possible to make it so that when you dragged the healers to the portraits that it targeted that character. sometimes when two of my characters are close together it is hard to target the one I want.

14. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    That's good idea. I was considering it, too. What i did for this is to put green down arrow above the portrait for targeted character - yellow down allow for selected character -. I think their 2 options. First one is to make those arrows bigger, Other one is as you said targeting portrait. I'd like to test these on the next week. Thanks for sharing your idea.

15. culambato1990

culambato1990 New Member

Jan 20, 2015
  16. TSM

TSM Active Member

Mar 25, 2014
    People complaining about graphics: I specifically seek out games with graphics like this, cartoony vector stuff. Give me Battleheart, Rise of Heroes, Angry birds etc and Kingdom Rush graphics every time. Countless awful games out there are basically 3D gem shops whose slogan is "Your Internet Connection Has Been Lost" like the new games Plastic Squad, Incorruptibles, etc.

17. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I'm always in the market for a Battleheart-type game, and it seems after a number of them were released early on, the genre just stopped. As much as I enjoyed Battleheart Legacy, frankly I would have preferred a true sequel to BH.

This game definitely scratches the itch and in some ways builds on the genre. It takes a lot of the same original conventions, but adds its own twists and humor and leveling system to stand on its own. My favorite part of the game is that you very quickly get access to a wide variety of classes/characters, so you can almost immediately create your own fun party mixtures. This was something that you could only do really late game in BH as it took a lot to unlock new classes. I can easily get immediate replayability fun trying different combos like all casters, all melee, etc. Presently I'm running Paladin, Cleric, Darkmage (forgot the name of the class) and Archer, which is kind of conventional. The nice thing is that at any time I can swap in different classes to see how they play. Overall it feels like the game gives you a lot more customization freedom (in terms of party mix and how you level each individual character), as well as freedom to wander around the map as you unlock more and more areas. The leveling pace feels pretty good, and each level you get a skill customization point that allows you to refine your character build. Again you have the freedom to be conventional (i.e. boost HP on your tank) or mix it up (focus on dodge and crit for your archer rather than raw damage and attack rate). On top of that there are 3 save slots if you decide you want to go a completely different route.

My only complaint would be that the main overland map could use some tightening up. I like the idea that the cursor can move anywhere but it really doesn't seem necessary and in some ways becomes a hindrance. Just locking to location points is probably good enough, and then allowing scrolling/panning of the map might be possible. As it stands when I just want to look around the map, instead it just drags the cursor all over the place. Maybe just a personal preference, I don't know.

P.S. I honestly don't know why people are complaining about the graphics. They are similar stylistically to other games in this genre, and the backgrounds have humorous touches (like the pigs, etc). Simple and fun, and the gameplay is what's ultimately important to me.

18. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    This game is actually a lot of fun!

19. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    #39 WinterBleu, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Same here about cartoony vector stuff. I'm glad you like my game graphics.

20. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    #40 WinterBleu, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    I appreciate your insightful review. My designer college really like your review mentioned humorous touches in background graphic part. Thanks much!