Hipstamatic [an awesome toy camera app] ~ $1 Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by CygnetSeven, Dec 3, 2011.

1. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Of course :)

"World renowned professional photographer Annie Leibovitz (most famous for her portrait photography of such subjects as Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon (for the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, which was shot the day of his death), Michael Jackson, Bill Gates and many more) has recommended the iPhone as the camera people should buy: "That is the snapshot camera of today," she said during televised a interview with MSNBC's Brian Williams.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    If we're going to go into camera-phone category, Nokia's N8 is the final answer.

Also, I can't speak for Hipstamatic being used as a camera app, but there's merit for using this sort of transformation in post-processing (like in PhotoForge2 /plug :p)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    To be honest, for post-processing I'll always use Photoshop. There's never going to be a time it can't wait until I get home to upload photos or whatever so it's either the best or nothing :D

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Definitely, but as with almost all apps the ease of use provided by a tablet/touch device provides a tempting avenue of use despite a better option being available at another station.

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I am preaching the fact, the best camera is that one you have with you, since the first phone with camera came out. No need for Mrs. Leibovitz' wisdom.

6. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Agreed, wholeheartedly.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    On sale again, first time since January.

8. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up man, I had gotten it on a sale but my sister wanted it. Its a decent app, not really amazing and not so many filters, but good nevertheless.