Honey Tribe - Great art and music

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shaz, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

We're adding some unlockable features in the endless mode. The nectar you collect on each play will act as your currency. Today we'll be making Phoebee an unlockable playable character.

2. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Here's a pic of what I added today as mentioned in the post above. So as you see your currency of nectar will increase each time you play the endless mode of the game. And then each unlock has a nectar cost.

[​IMG]

We still haven't submitted it to the app store yet. So I'm thinking not to go crazy with the unlockable content for the moment. And add some more stuff in an update.

3. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

I'm working on finishing the script for the story mode today. I've been putting it off for a while. But now that I'm sat down and am back into it I'm starting to have fun with it.

I'm developing the characters so they have individual and consistent personalities. At the moment I'm most enjoying writing the lines for the character Sting.
    [​IMG]
    While Corbee, the first playable character, is off trying to save the hive Sting stays at home being pessimistic and offering an alternate viewpoint to the other characters. The game has a friendly and innocent aesthetic so I'm liking that we have a character who is a contrast to that.

At many times I've felt daunted by how much work in needed to finish this game so that it's as content-rich and professional as I want it to be. But today I was thinking 'I can write anything I want - it's my game!' So just enjoying the creative freedom to do what ever I want with it.

4. orea

orea Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    editor
    Still want a tester? I'm willing to play your game. If possible, please give me a message.

5. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Hi, yeah we're still taking on beta testers. PM me your email and I'll get in touch later today.

Cheers, Shaz

6. orea

orea Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    editor
    Lol, I've just applied. Please check it. I'm looking forward to it.

7. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Ok, we plan on submitting our game to Apple next week. We're now just implementing the last of the changes based on the testing.

If you want to be part of the last round of testing just sign up using this link (on your device)

http://bit.ly/ky0agi

8. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Just a reminder - if you signed with the following link, you need to register it on your device. Or we can't send you the game!

http://bit.ly/ky0agi

9. dodolook

dodolook Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    stay tuned for this! indeed unique graphics and music!

10. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Almost finished

New screenshots posted at the top of this thread!

We're on track to submit to itunes at the end of the week. Will be a big relief to finally get it released. I've been both impatient and hesitant for ages. Know what I mean? I want to get our game out there but I want to make sure it's really good too. And to be honest I'm a bit scared that nobody will know about it on release day.

But we gotta jump in sooner or later!

I'm hoping that the appeal of the game comes across in the screenshots. I think the overall presentation and characters have a lot of charm. Play testing feedback has been positive about the art, music and gameplay too.

Only time will tell...

11. uptimistik

uptimistik Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Looking awesome! Can't wait!

The game looks awesome buddy! Love the music and sound effects. A must-buy for me when it's launched!

12. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    This game has definitely improved a lot since the first beta! It's visuals are fantastic and the overall game is really fun! :)

Your going to love the little story line in the game. ;)

13. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it! It's now waiting for review by Apple so should be in the appstore pretty soon...

14. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Yeah, we feel it's really come along nicely. Thanks for helping us test it. :)

15. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Here's a new screenshot. Coming very soon to the app store. Just waiting for Apple to approve it now...

[​IMG]

16. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

Apple's app store reviewers have moved Honey Tribe to 'In review'. So if all goes well it should be on itunes pretty soon...!

17. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member