iPad HonorBound

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Looks abit repetitive and boring, missing way to many elements of a fine rpg. Only good thing about this is its storyline.

2. lidralyn

lidralyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Does anyone know of a way to "auto battle" and have the heroes use skills? Mine always just fight when auto battle is on and die.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Why do people have to chime in JUST to say that they aren't going to play it? If you want to avoid potentially great games JUST because they are free, then go ahead. But do you have to post in EVERY free game announcing to the world that you hate free games?

4. GrumpyM

GrumpyM Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Because the devs sometimes read these threads, and it's frustrating to see yet another game filled with good ideas be dragged down by "purposeful annoyance" you have to pay to remove. I'm another customer they've lost, that would have gladly payed a full price for a good game ($5? $10? I pay $60 for console games, I would do that here if the games were worth it). I don't mind free to start, but at least out in some IAP to remove the annoyance entirely for good!

5. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    This is a massive game with lots of potential, spent $50 and still heaps more to do of you are willing to spend, support the devs, and the game will just get incredibly better. Only issue with is the energy its going over board, as it costs 120runes to recharge 17steps, it's $6 for 5 buys, comes out to much for such large maps. Everything else is prices evenly.

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    How do you get more runes?

7. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    There are quite a few ways to get them without paying. The bronze ones can show up in regular chests and the silver ones in the better chests. Also, when you do pvp and you consistantly win you get streak rewards, which include multiple bronze and silver runes and even an epic rune when you hit multiples of 60. This is not hard to do if you are cautious and play smart. I think I am at about 150 win streak, without any legendary characters.

NOTE: I think this game is highly under-rated here on TA. The freemium is very fair since you can capture almost all the characters so far, even legendary without buying. The currencies get doled out liberally and the only annoying thing is the long wait timers on research. Even the research isnt too bad because if you are smart, you are always doing things while researching and any XP grind isn't worse than any old-school RPG like FFs. There are ceryainly some bugs in the game and there needs to be more explanation, but for freemium, it's a great rpg.

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Wow, so I just went to use 5 runestones, and after 2, I got a message saying there was an error opening the pack and my runes were refunded. Well instead I lost all 3 remaining runes. That's messed up. This is a halfway decent game, but if crap like that's going to happen, I have no interest in playing further.

9. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I am pretty anti-freemium which is why it surprises me that I still play this.

The developers have put a lot of work into this to create a massive amount of content, diverse play elements, and great graphics. It has come a long way. Most importantly, it is generally an honest free-to-play if you really don't want to support the developers.

Now they have added a friend mechanic so it is a good time to join or continue your journey. Check out this game... You won't regret it.

Feel free to add me:
    2U6-7LJ2

10. Rola

Rola Member

Aug 18, 2014
    the game just keeps getting better and better with each update

11. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Are you the developer's mum?!

12. havilor

havilor New Member

Feb 25, 2013
    This does seem to be well developed and maintained. If you join, use my code 273- FLAW

o_O. Not sure my friend code recommends me much...

13. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I just used your friend code. Hope you got something cool. Mine is H9X - JKL.

Do you get something besides that rare archer?

14. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    This is pretty fun, and if anyone wants a code to give me a referral and give yourself the starting prize for putting one in, mine is: X9A-AL4X

15. zilox

zilox New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    J36-91F3 daily player.

J36-91F3 daily player.

16. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I've started and deleted this game like 5 times before it finally grabbed me. Digging it now. My code is LLX-7QH4. Add me and I'll add everybody else in this thread.

I'm gonna see if they posted a maximize you freemium experience article on this one.

17. DeMoNiCxTuToR

DeMoNiCxTuToR Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Game is fun until you start hitting 3-5 day Researches which you need done just to level up your Heroes.

Probably one of the reasons why game was Top 100 until players realized the horrible Time Wall just to advance in the game and just deleted.

18. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    #58 J2o, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Just joined the game. I guess I will put in the friend code:

7XL L9A2

Add me.

I got 500 diamonds so im trying to see if i can advance any further without spending anything. Should i spend on research slots or save and try to do achievements to get more diamonds?

19. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Add me as a friend 2AX-W9X2

20. add me LF8 - 586L

Thanks