GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Maybe. I dimly remember this being a horribly difficult to fix bug...

I think I'm going to start posting to this thread when Hook Champ scoreboards are about to be cleared. As a warning. We do it so sporadically anymore, anyway.

2. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    What about implementing Super Quickhook controls? They are so comfortable... :)

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    That would be a reason to get the game instantly.

4. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    @kepa: no worries. If you find the time, or if it isnt too difficult, awesome. If not, this game is so good as it is Im still happy. Plus I have quickhook to burn loads of time on. The boards seem more competitive near the top end already.

@Piasintein: I use hook champ controls on quickhook :D to each his own and such

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That would be great! Especially implementing some of the Super QuickHook physics. Also, sadly, completely impossible. We checked.

The effort required to do this is so big that it doesn't make any sense for us to do. It would basically require us to do the entire game over. Still, I'd love to do some sort of best-of-both-worlds SQH + Hook Champ mix game some day... maybe one designed around a level editor???

6. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    OMG, I can see it now... Super QuickHook Champ Infinity

I'd buy that for a dollar!

(actually I'd pay much more, but Robocop reference ftw!)

7. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    That'd rule! Even 500 is more than every other item in the store! (I think...) But anyway, do the megahooks even do anything special? Maybe make it a dollar for 1, all 4 for three dollars if you don't want freemium!!!

8. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Sorry for dp (double post, for you gutter minds ;)) but a level editor would rock! How bout Super QuickHook Champ: Jake and Jakob Want YOU! with an Uncle Sam-esque poster with the cousins doing the Uncle Sam point! @_@

9. Stormhide27

Stormhide27 Active Member

May 12, 2010
    How many levels are in this game and are there lots of items what's a super hock or whatever.

10. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Just finished the game, and unlocking Gunny (yea not really finished but meh). Bought Hookbot and the other chick to support the devs! Thanks for this game, it's AWESOME.

Got brought here by SQH, will be supporting your future games!

11. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Can you restore your old Hookchamp data? :(
    I did a clean wipe and I forgot that I had my beloved Hookchamp's save data to save.

12. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I have been looking for a promo code for this for a very long time.

13. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Stop looking for it and just buy it

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'm not usually one to cite the rules and regulations of TA forums, but this is like the third board where I've noticed you asking/wheedling for a promo code. This is both illegal and untoward.

Good luck with the wait.

15. SilverCircleCircus

SilverCircleCircus Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    YESSS!! Finally beat All of the Forbidden Hats, but I still don't have Hookbots Super Top Hat, anyone know how to get it?

Also, can u save ur data and hats onto openfeint?

16. MCwelfare

MCwelfare Active Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Quick question

Since Super Quickhook is up and running, that that mean there won't be anymore content added to Hook Champ?

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Hook Champ is already jam-packed with content, one of the best deals on the AppStore.

BTW, I picked up Super Quickhook last night and am 100% pleased with my purchase:):)

18. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'd like to do this, but there's a lot of barriers to making a game with a (good) level editor. The most iphone-centric one is that I'm worried that if our level editor was too good, then it would irritate Apple's policies. Here's a real world example: The very first Hook Champ level ever was a small decorated room. In the front of the room, in 30 foot tall letters made out of burning lava, was the word ANUS. I'm sure that if we gave a level editor to the players, they could come up with more profane things to spell or draw with lava/vines/rocks/whatever. Making a level editor public would be the easy part, the hard part would be a way to flag inappropriate levels, rate good levels, and easily share levels people make, in general.

We'll keep doing the occasional Hook Champ update, but no major content updates are planned for Hook Champ. Just stuff like new hats, bugfixes, very small feature requests.

19. Dongslayer

Dongslayer Member

Sep 4, 2010
    When do you rocketcat guys reset the leaderboards? Its almost impossible for me to get into the global leaderboards, i think the highest I've ever gotten is like #42

20. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    What's up with the grand total leaderboards?