Hook Worlds by Rocketcat Games (reelasing 16/dec)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Piasintein, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poutini

poutini Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Student
    Calgary
    I concur (I only started getting high scores in SQH after adopting a technique similar to qpawn's). Kepa, could the hooking angle be changed from 45 degrees to vertical in the options? Or would that screw up the gameplay?

Also, character sizes similar to gnomey and quackhook from SQH would be awesome - I've found that playing with those characters gives the game a greater sense of speed.

2. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yes. It'll be tweaked until it's great for both veterans and new players.

I miss that, too. Let's see if we can put that back in.

It's not a 45 degree lock. It's actually automatic hook aim. However, I think we can do an option where the hook-auto-aim can be turned off, for veterans that want complete hook control.

Character sizes in the first two game worlds are about the same size as Hookbot in SQH. CyberGnome 202X's character is just Gnomey in a Star Trek visor. The character in the ultra secret game world is also about Gnomey sized.

3. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    When will I be able to play super quickhook without the abhorrent lag? Another few months down the road i guess ? :rolleyes: Your "fixes" didn't fix shit.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Bit harsh wasn't it?

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i'd be pissed off too if i was the only one with a f*cked up device. ;)

6. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    you want to get yerself an iphone4 mate, works flawlessly on that :p

7. Timmiex

Timmiex Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Looks great

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

I laughed out loud at this. In case anyone was wondering.

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    When we get people that both have the abhorrent lag and, here's the important part, accept an invite in beta testing a fix. Still waiting on that to happen, otherwise the problem's too rare to verify its existence. Hell, yesterday I sent out private messages to the two people I could track down with the problem. One of them was you, oddly enough.

10. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Rofl u served him! Good job, Kepa! And if Gnomey is like QuackHook then I gotta get him! QuackHook's the best $2 I spent!

11. Smoothie Boy

Smoothie Boy Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Unlockables

Kepa:

I am really hoping that in this new game you would (like in the original Hook Champ) make "unknown" unlockables, instead of (like in Super QuickHook) telling everyone how to get the hats/hooks. It would be really cool if you could incorporate both, because I loved trying to find out what I could do to unlock something.

And yes, I also agree with the people above about the hooking controls, where we should have full control of the angle it shoots out at.

Anyway, I love all your games so much. They are some of the most addicting I've every played. Can't wait to buy this one.

12. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    QuackHook is my favorite character.

I'm still looking for people that had lag problems with SQH and want to beta test a solution. We really did never get any takers, so we always had to take blind stabs at fixing it. The bizarre thing is that the fixes did work for some people...

The unlock system is pretty straightforward in the new game. The medals are all back for reaching goals, and each medal you get unlocks two hats. There's also going to be a "total score" unlock system, where you get an unlock for reaching certain cumulative scores. No real mysteries there, but I guess we could put a ? icon instead of showing you what you're going to unlock, exactly?

We're getting requests to put manual control back in already, so we'll have it as an option for veterans.

13. Rblacula

Feb 27, 2010
    QuackHook's my fave too! You should have him in this game! Also, how's the rpg/top down shooter coming along? (ie expected release date/ delays)

14. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    woooooooh!

15. Smoothie Boy

Smoothie Boy Member

Sep 26, 2010
    #35 Smoothie Boy, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Delayed for the future. We want to make it more of a randomized Diablo + magic fireball explosions sort of game. Way bigger than our original idea of a top-down shooter with story elements.

Oh, you want really secret things. Maybe we can have a couple surprises, but mostly it will at least tell you what the unlock requirements are.

17. Rblacula

Feb 27, 2010
    Cool! Idrc if it's delayed cuz it means itll just b awesomer! and the surprises could be AWESOME if executed correctly! You'll pull it off, Kepa, you always do!

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Please add the humor of Hook Champ! I love the humour, so awesome. I also didn't dig the layout of the menus or the style (or lack of) of the buttons (and other asthetic things) in SQH.

Good luck!

19. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    i want to see more quality developers working on diablo-esque games. Kepa, i am so excited for this one!

20. PallaZ

PallaZ Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    i hope you will update HC and SQH in the future. that are my fav games. and i'm still hoping and wishing for the hook-swirling animation from HC in SQH.
    i hope i dont miss the release date of your next game. i was always with it on the release date. your work is awesome. keep on it