Universal HoPiKo (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Sep 24, 2015.

1. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks for explanation.If it was because of the "total deaths" leaderboard,how come this bug didn't effect everyone? It seemed to only effect those of us on IOS8.

Anyway,thanks again for fixing it.

2. laserdog

laserdog Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I honestly don't know :D I can guess though.

I think, due to my mistake of not enabling the leaderboard, it was causing a bug server-side. Like maybe the leaderboard request I'd sent would error, then that would cause another error. Perhaps the score data was sent in a different way in different OS versions. I'm doing the exact code, so it's the API that's changed.

Note to self: Check leaderboards are enabled before pressing "submit".

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Looks I came around the corner just in time with the first update adding features and squishing bugs.
    Thanks to AppShopper this game came on my radar and after reading some reviews it surprised me this thread is only 9 pages long for that matter.
    This looks like an absolute gem and I've just bought the game because of the above mentionted factors, despite the fact this isn't the typical genre I induldge in when it comes to (iOS) gaming.
    Now, let's see if my mind is capable of dealing with this madness! :p

4. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I just picked this up and only played for a short while, but already had a few crashes like this:
    [​IMG]
    The game stops reacting to my touches and I have to kill it from the multitask bar and start again. iOS 8.4, iPad Mini 2. Does anyone else experience this?

5. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Yeah.I've had this 3 or 4 times as well.Can't remember it happening before the recent update. (IOS 8,IPad Air)

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #86 mr_bez, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Having issues now in World 5. Have finished the first 4 stages of 5-1 three times now, but every time it freezes on the 5|5 screen and doesn't let me play the final stage. :(
    iPhone 6S+, iOS9.1.

EDIT: Had an email from the dev just now to say they've pushed an update to Apple today which should fix this.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Decided to take a break from World 5:

Attached Files:

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    That's an incredible effort, Bez! Well done!

9. laserdog

laserdog Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Woah! You actually did it!!

(Also, I've just added a "bug" to my list - that should say "Stage 1 - Hardcore mode"!)

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed to see Run 12. Not that it's a bug that will affect too many people, I imagine! I think that image (without the text) would look great on a t-shirt. Maybe with the BOOM! underneath or on the back.

For the record, I think I hit the 40s after about 70 or 80 attempts, but it was 273 before I was able to complete all 50, acing each stage and collecting all pickups. It certainly helped that I missed my stop on my train home on Friday and had an extra 75 minutes to kill. I wish there was a way to export the replay of my final run as a video.

This is definitely my Game of the Year 2015.

11. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm so close to the end now - Stage 5 Run 7 (which I've attempted 226 times so far).

What's the most attempts anyone else has made before completing a run? My worst so far was 229 on 3-10. Ouch. I suspect most of those were after a night out, on the last train home...

This is such a great game - deserved more kudos in the end of the year lists, though I'm glad others picked up on it.

12. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Update for HoPiKo out now, with reference to game balancing. Anyone know what this refers to? Does this mean I might actually be able to finish it? Been stuck on stage 5 run 9 for over 300 tries now, and completely put the game on the back burner.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Not sure, I'm afraid. It took me 272 attempts to finish 5-9 though, so you've probably spent a similar amount of time so far to what I did on that run.

Sadly the update doesn't fix an issue that I discussed with the developer months ago - the speed medal (complete all 5 stages within the target time) for 5-10 still doesn't unlock, so I still can't get my 100% either! :(

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first (and for a limited, obviously) time!!

15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

It is currently free, again. So, if you haven't grabbed it yet, now's your chance. Happy jumping!