Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Does anyone have try Pygus Imperius? It seems from the statistics that is maybe the most powerful weapon.

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Or even better, jump back and forth between Sudenne and Westernesse on the map to pick up the cores in each location. The cores are located just round the corner from where you start out in both locations.

3. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Alright, anyone thinking about buying this on a 4G, Don't. At the moment, at least. There's some odd bug preventing you from progressing past the first level. So wait till' it gets patched, it (should) be fixed then.

I have to wonder, why didn't Phosphor even play test this on a 4G? Dark Meadow, Infinity blade, Nova 3, and Real Racing all run fine on it, and those look arguably better than this. Very, very odd of them not to consider their 4G customers.

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    #544 fulcizombie, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    None of the games you mentioned look "arguably" better than horn except IB and that is a very strict on-rails game , with no control over character movement whatsoever . Even the IB-like battles in Horn have way more freedom and are way more dynamic . The rest are a generation behind in terms of graphics compared to horn .
    "Horn" is the best looking console-type game on IOS by a mile .

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    NOVA 3 looks better then Horn on an iPad 3. Better particle effects, better framerate, typically better textures, better animations by far, and running with retina it is truly a wonder far surpassing Horn.

Edit: ah yes forgot to mention the lighting and the fact that Horn doesn't even have blob shadows while NOVA 3 has an in-between of blob and dynamic realtime.

6. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    O.k no point in arguing and going over in circles , i just disagree with everything you wrote and leave it at that .

7. RunnyGnome

Oct 13, 2011

Horn looks amazing, I agree. And the artstyle is fantastic, but as far as textures and effects go, all of those games beat Horn.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    We'll agree to disagree ;)

9. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Yeah and that Battleship movie had better effects than The Dark Knight movie but it's still garbage.

10. RunnyGnome

Oct 13, 2011
    Did it? I thought the Dark Knight's special effects were waaaay better...

11. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    The 'blob shadows' in Battleship were better. Lol.

12. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    This is the second best game on the AppStore after order and chaos

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Nova 3 is far from garbage.

14. decoy_octopu5

decoy_octopu5 Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Florida
    I'm thinking of either this or triggerfist, what's the better game for the money?

15. RunnyGnome

Oct 13, 2011
    I would say Horn. Trigger Fist is too frustrating in my opinion.

16. TorpedoVegas

TorpedoVegas Member

Oct 21, 2010
    game is excellent, by far the best I have played on iOS
    BUT:
    1) it gets stuck on the lighthouse level 2 when you have to swipe the door control with your weapon (the first if only time). you can't exit back to walking around (even if you press the walk icon), you are just stuck at the control. so i am stuck at that level for now...

2) after you decide to exit the arena, you really should have horn spawn right at its entrance. it gets really old having to run across Suddene every time I exit the arena.

hopefully that update will go through the app store soon, I can't wait to finish it.
    until then I suppose I will just stack up pygite.
    (running on an iPad 2)

17. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Both :D

18. RunnyGnome

Oct 13, 2011
    Adamo? You still replying to questions here? I wanted to know how many days ago the update was submitted, since I can't even play the game without it.

19. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    It was submitted on Thursday but these can take time.

>>1) it gets stuck on the lighthouse level 2 when you have to swipe the door control with your weapon (the first if only time). you can't exit back to walking around (even if you press the walk icon), you are just stuck at the control. so i am stuck at that level for now... <<

A workaround that has worked for other people- if you do this exact combo on slashing, you should be able to get past it- it will fail if you don’t do it exactly right:

Right
    Left
    Right
    Down
    Down

20. RunnyGnome

Oct 13, 2011
    Is there any estimate as to when it might come out? I really wanna play the game!