Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    it is really up to Apple. A Dark Meadow update once took 2 weeks (that was around launch of a new iOS), but usually like 4-5 days

2. TorpedoVegas

TorpedoVegas Member

Oct 21, 2010
    awesome thank you.

3. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Some of the water needs work in some levels it looks a little unrealistic. The flow of the water just looks errr

4. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Oh come on. It's a game, not real life. Why nitpick every little thing? It looks awesome.

5. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I second this! also does anyone have any good tips to earning Pygite? I can get cores pretty easy, just looking for a speedy easy way to earning these as they are hard for me to get.
    Thanks!

6. Akoae

Akoae Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Yes, powerful weapon

I got it max upgraded and it is pretty easy to farm cores now. Although it is slightly lower damage than Harsha's mace (455 vs. 475) , the 10% crit and 100 HP are just much better. The light bonus is 7 at second to last level (the upgrade is crazy expensive - 7->25 for 175 cores and 300 000 pygets) and frankly, cant tell what this light damage is good for.

Farming for some outfits now, but if I find another last tier weapon,I would craft it to the max first, vanity can wait :). Also curious for amulets, seems to have planty blueprints out there. I got lucky?! Pendragon is 20% crit, just too much :).

@Nekcik The best way - arena in Westerness, the bonuses are up to 2000 %.

7. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    No update today... Lets hope for tomorrow!

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The light attribute is worth upgrading. It replenishes your health as you inflict damage on the opponent. (great for spending lengthy sessions in the arena to earn lots of Pygite)

I re-spin the wheel each time to get the 2000% bonus at the arena in Westernesse. It is worth the extra effort - you can easily earn tens of thousands of Pygite in each battle session.

If you really want a challenge, and earn a serious amount of Pygite, try this one...

[​IMG]

9. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    #569 Mhunt190, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    Sorry.... It dose look awesome.... Just thought I would point it as a glitch or mistake

10. TorpedoVegas

TorpedoVegas Member

Oct 21, 2010
    #570 TorpedoVegas, Aug 21, 2012
    another glitch?

not trying to nitpick, don't get me wrong i love this game, but I think I found something that prevents me from completing the level. The level is Suddene seed 6, (lighthouse 3) and the part is the first coin. It seems that I cannot unlock the third part of the coin due to the horn tile not working properly. screens attached of the first two locations and what I am considering to be glitch. Have I completely overlooked something? Is anyone else in this boat as well? (I couldn't seem to embed the images in the spoiler tag so urls will suffice)

one
    two
    three

11. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #571 Candykiller, Aug 21, 2012
    In the third picture is it the horn you're standing beside that's the problem, or the one opposite? If it's the opposite horn, it doesn't do anything. Just turn left from where you are standing and crawl through the hole to get the third coin fragment.

12. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Horn has been out for a while now, what's the verdict? Is it the game that iOS gamers have been waiting for? Is it our Zelda or Mario, Solid Snake, or Nathan Drake?

13. CosmosMan

CosmosMan Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Researcher/Teacher/Scientist
    Canada
    Bugs Galore

I love this game, it's truly up there with Dead Space as a true full game experience on iOS.

However, the game has a lot of bugs, I've fallen through the game world at least 4 times, crashed several times, movement by tapping causes Horn to get stuck in the world a lot and odd bugs like no battle review coming up and not getting the bonuses for defeating an enemy, those helicopter things not dying even when getting shot several times.

Needed more time in the oven Phospher. Also the missing Tegra effects can easily be archived through a lower resolution option.

I hope this game gets updated a lot to fix these issues.

14. TorpedoVegas

TorpedoVegas Member

Oct 21, 2010
    It is the opposite one, I can't seem to find the hole. If it is the hole down below by the hook, at the bottom of the waterfallI am unable to access it. Thanks for the response.

15. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    When you sound the horn you are standing at in the third screenshot, it should break a wall just round the corner to the left, revealing a hole to crawl through. The horn at the opposite side does nothing.

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback!

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yes.. The light attribute is awesome!!!!!!

18. Akoae

Akoae Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    #578 Akoae, Aug 21, 2012
    Thank you for the tip Candykiller, light works just as you discribed. I thought the numbers represent percentage of life steal, so 7% life steal is good, but 25 % (drolling). So, I got it as priority and decided to grind for the upgrade (yes, the crazy one, 175 cores, 300 k pygites). I made it, but I was wrong, appears to be the amount of HP healed, not percentage. Anyway, for 400 HP, 25 on hit (almost 7 %) is not bad.

@Adamo (or other Phosphor stuff member) where is the possibility to encounter Golden enemy? Cause you mentioned about the goodies he could drop, I want to hunt such monster down. Your tips will be much appreciated :).

For the guys at the fence - get it, simple as that. It offers fun and great story, will entertain you for sure, which is a purpose of a game, right? :) This game is definitely GOTW, it offers such a great package of features.

19. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Just beat the game. The final boss was pretty cool! THere are a TON of glitches in this game though.

20. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011

Replay a mission you already beat and you should encounter golden enemies :)