Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Is there any manual for crafting and weapons? I can't see any difference between axe and stick, any types of damage, so any help or hint will be appreciated )

2. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I there a difference besides stats between the diff. kinds of weapons? I.e. does the hammer hit slower but harder vs a sword? Couldnt notice a difference which is why Im asking...

3. erose68

erose68 Active Member

May 5, 2009
    Stuck at "door"

In the second lighthouse mission there is a giant door with a set of arrows on it. When I get close enough, it goes into "interact" mode, but no matter how many times I smack the door, I never get out of the interaction mode. Have to quit out, kill the game, and start over. Am I missing something?

[​IMG]

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just through trying out what appears to be the best of the various weapons, I've found the swords to be most effective. This is my current set-up and it's pretty powerful. Mercy of the Mother and Pureheart fully upgraded (and the Shadow Horn costume to complete the look)

[​IMG]

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    There's a known bug at this point affecting some players. (including me)

Just swipe in these directions and you should be fine...

Right
    Left
    Right
    Down
    Down

6. Raynard1910

Raynard1910 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hey Candykiller....where can I get the blueprint for pureheart...
    and the blueprint for the axe second to last...
    and all the unlockable costumes..
    except all of the above...I've obtained all the remaining blueprints form all of the completed levels...
    and how to get cores easily?
    thanks in advance

7. Raynard1910

Raynard1910 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    sorry, not the second to the last axe....but the third...
    I already found the second to last..it's called father's hatchet
    thx for the help candykiller

8. Akoae

Akoae Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010

Do arena's challenges in Cuthbert, the monsters are easiest there and still give 1 or 2 cores (mostly2 because you finish them in like 2-3 hits).

@CandyKiller good job with getting the blueprint (if you didnt IAP).

@Adamo, is there an item with name Pryx or somenthing similar? I thought I got such blueprint, but it is not unlocked in the list. And I kinda am dried up after that, golden monsters dont drop bluprints anymore.

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #609 Candykiller, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    I bought the IAP blueprint pack (I think Pureheart probably unlocked through that) then spent a lot of time in the arenas earning enough to upgrade everything.

The best way to earn lots of cores - assuming you're well into the game and have a good upgraded weapon, go back and play in the arena in Cuthbert. You should be able to defeat the enemies in a few seconds and you will get one or two cores for each kill. You won't earn much Pygite in Cuthbert but you can earn tons of cores in no time at all.

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ha, I did go for the IAP blueprint pack. If you are going to buy anything, the blueprint pack is probably the best thing to get. It isn't too difficult to upgrade items in-game once they are unlocked.

11. Akoae

Akoae Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    @ CandyKiller You are totally right, I was even about to get it , but then got the tip from Adamo and gave it a shot. I have to thank YOU for the sword tip, I was really thinking upgrading it wasnt worth, cause of the small steps I was seeing. But seeing you fully upgraded, made me jump. The last special weapon is coo, but I enjoy swords now much more, definitely faster, not to mention better pure damage (I prefer crit chance amulet, you should try it too, the combo I mean).

P.S. NB!!! I was suspecting the bonuses for the challenges add up, cause I noticed excessive amount of HP on monsters and even damage. The cool thing I just found out - the challenge for no hit ALSO add up. So you spin, get the 5000 % bonus pygites, than continue and get the same challenge, if you kill a monster for 1000 pygites, it will actually give you bonus of 100 000, which is 10 000 %. So, in one battle only, you can actually make like even million pygites (if you consider the spinning :p) Good luck. Btw, it doesnt matter if u fail previous challenges with such, 5000 % bonus, they still add up, so you can faill them all the way till you get 100 000 % bonus.

12. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Unfortunately there are some users who will get a blueprint bug where you can't pick up a blueprint. It will be fixed in the patch. :(

13. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #613 bigred447uk, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    That sucks and explains why I stopped finding any hours ago. I guess I'll get the IAP, which I don't mind paying for, but I wanted to find them one by one and have the sense of achievment.

Edit : bought ! Every pound they get is a direct message to Zynga that this model is worth doing again !

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Getting quite proficient at beating the no-hit challenge now with 5000% bonus reward. Latest acquisition, the Dragon Horn costume.

[​IMG]

15. Raynard1910

Raynard1910 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Enough of it then...
    let's continue discussing about the walkthrough and secrets of the blueprints
    for this game..
    anyone got any progress?

16. RunnyGnome

RunnyGnome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    It kind of sucks reading all these posts about blueprints while I can't even get past the opening thanks to crashing.

17. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Made it into Cuthbert, and stopped playing.
    I've been reading this thread and people seem to suffer from too many deal breaker bugs that makes me feel I payed for an unfinished game.
    Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely polished when it comes to the graphics and gameplay, but I don't want to run into the frustration that others have been experiencing thus far.
    I'll wait for the patch and then continue playing for a worry free experience.

For those still on the fence (and have a high end iOS device)... do yourself a huge favor: buy this game!
    From the high quality voice acting to the general atmoshphere: this is an absolute milestone in iOS gaming. Truely impressive and worth your money!

18. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Pony, if you are playing on the iPad 3, I wouldn't be too concerned with the bugs that others may be experiencing. I've been playing for somewhere around 30 hours (maybe more, I'm not exactly counting) and I have only hit on two bugs, neither of which have been game-breakers, and both are known bugs that have been fixed in the update. The game actually feels incredibly stable on the new iPad, and I'm still having fun with it long after finishing the story missions. It's up to you of course, but I'm just passing on the experiences of a fellow iPad 3 user.

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Congratulations!!

[thread=119439][​IMG][/thread]
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Forums
    Game of the Week
    15/08/2012
    [/size]

[size=+10]HORN[/size]

[thread=144063] [​IMG][/thread]

[thread=118476]New Games To Check![/thread]
    [thread=149482]Vote Again This Week![/thread]
    [thread=119439]What You Might Miss![/thread]​

20. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Imo the iaps in this game are totally unnecessary... I only bought the Assassin uniform because just love this appearance and want to keep the coins i ve earned for weapons upgrades... but as for the progress in the game i don't need iaps not even for one sec.