Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. iosgamer4s

iosgamer4s Active Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Anyone know when the next update will be available?

2. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    We are currently looking at ways we can improve the controls for people. I personally love Lili (at the last section of the game) but I feel like their control method would not work for parts of our game that require more precise control. We agree that controls need work but we want to make sure we get the best of both worlds from Lili's ease of use while still allowing precise movement for puzzles.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out Bard's Tale!

We have not given up on Horn yet and still have some new content on the way. ;)

3. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I will send this out to our designers and will update this post when I get something that I can help you with. Thanks!!

4. Haven't had too much time yet to play this since I just recently got it, but I have to say the graphics are gorgeous, and like the fantasy anime theme. I really look forward to getting this game and playing it!

5. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Awesome! I love the game but I'm almost ashamed to say I didn't finish it because of the tap to move - but that's just my preference. I'd love a D Pad.

6. Haoulelouch

Haoulelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Apparently this game now supports ipod touch 4g (even 3g) according to the appstore. has anyone played this on a ipod touch 4g? how is the performance and how much of a graphic downgrade is it compared to the iphone 4s and above?

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Strange, still says those devices are NOT supported in the US store...

8. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I had tried this on my iPod touch 4g about a week ago and performance was really poor. Downloaded again since picking up my 5G and am disappointed. The game is running in low resolution with low res textures and. Barely any shadows.

Hoping the developer updates now that the 5g's are out... :(

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It doesn't but says it on the side that it can if your using a computer

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Found something that may make it more difficult to sell the game. I went to the App Store and searched for 'Horn'. Oh my...so many horn apps for making squeaks and squawks! The game was NOT anywhere close to the top of the list.

Next searched for Zynga, only because I happen to know they published the game. Did find Horn, but again, nowhere near the top of the list. I had to really work to find the game! A top tier AAA game should be easy to find.

11. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #811 defred34, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    Thank you. I haven't touched this game yet in weeks. Am at W3 L3. New controls + more content = waiting for update :)

PS: I think, like most people here say, a D-Pad will just solve the problem. A stick on the left to move, and right thumb pans the camera. Perfect. Just make sure the controls are responsive, especially the movement controls. Try to emulate a dynamic d-pad like in Dead Trigger. Semi transparent as well.

12. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009

iPhone 5 and gamecenter support please!

13. awills

awills New Member

Feb 19, 2012
    #813 awills, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
    I second this. This game should play as it should on the iPod Touch 5G(i.e. as the iPhone 4S). Well until then I won't be buying this game. And after I waited so long for the 5G. I am disapointed!:(

14. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Finally started playing this game on my iPhone 5. While I really wish it would use the whole screen, I'm really loving the game. I think this will make it into my top five if it continues as it has so far. I would have had Dark Meadow on that list if not for... You know. All things considered, the Phosphor folks really can make a good game.

15. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    The update just added iPhone5 support!

16. Yeah, I am going to play it tomorrow. Wonder what the update is all about.

17. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Is this ever gonna support or at least play on touch4?

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Wow, this sucks. After so much of hope, the developers still have not implemented some alternative controls scheme.

I think I'm done with the game will now delete it as it was taking too much space lying idle on my device.

19. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    That's a shame.

20. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #820 shoi, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    oh man...
    It was written "optimized for iPhone5"...

But it is still not fullscreen!!
    What a let down...