How do I get Touch Arcade to review my game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jamesallen, Dec 19, 2012.

1. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hah, reminds me of ShaqDown. What a dud of a game. Barely any interest in the forums. Mostly negative impressions. Yet 3 stories on the frontpage in quick succession for the game. Bah,,,

2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    I believe the lesson there is to get a celebrity to endorse your game, and thus give it something newsworthy to write about. Good or bad, it will probably make some waves.

3. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Sounds like its simply whatever they want, which is perfectly fine, its their site and they can run it how they want to. If they see something (which is a small chance in the first place given the volume) and they like it then they will review it, not having much to do with how popular it is, how many fans like it, or how much advertising it did.

I agree it is wrong to not respond to paid advertisers though, this is a courtesy they should do. If you buy a campaign someone should at least answer your email.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #24 Vovin, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

Yes, absolutely right - that's how I understand their politics.
    Advertising is advertising and review is review. They just play and review what they want. There were even games from the bigger companies that got almost no front page coverage. That's the thing I like - they are like us in their gaming behaviour. Look at other sites. I can instantly name at least 5 where advertisers games are more likely getting reviewed and get good reviews.i
    Without a very few exceptions, I doubt it - here.
    But I can advise that your got better chances to be reviewed or generally covered when you meet them personally and get them interested in your app. Right, Eli? That's at least an impression I got in the last years that I am here.
    You can also expect to get coverage when your name is something like Dene Carter, Jeff McCord or John Carmack.

I agree to your last point, you should get at least some reply. But consider that 100- 200 developers might also try to contact them - on a daily base. I'd prefer to get no reply instead if a dumb standard excuse.