How do you position your fingers in iPad FPS's?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by T_r_y, Dec 28, 2012.

1. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    What a lot of people dont seem to understand (god only knows why) is that you can continue aiming while firing. As in, move your thumb around while holding down fire.

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I remember discovering that in MC2 and thinking "wow, so that's how all these people are so good".

3. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Lmao. I think I've always had my sensitivity so high it wad hard to not be aware of that ability.

4. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Same here

5. johnlee123

johnlee123 Member

Dec 24, 2012
    I like use middle finger. Yoo~

6. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I play with 2 thumbs only, but can't play without gyroscope >.< Any tips with gyro off?

7. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yeah. Here

8. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Dude, sshhh. Only the good people are supposed to know.

9. T_r_y

T_r_y Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Maybe my sensitivity is too low, because moving my thumb while I shoot can't even move my character around 180%, while having another finger for aiming allows me to do full turns in one swipe (since I can move that other finger across the whole screen, while if I did that with my thumb it would stop shooting)

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    iPad on my lap or flat surface, index and middle fingers to play. Your thumbs may be opposable but they still have worse mobility and accuracy in comparison, especially given the ergonomics of the device.

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Left hand for moving and crouching and right hand does rest. I used to always stop to aim and shoot and then I realised that you could hold down the fire button and aim with it...

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I just do the classic 'left thumb moves, right thumb everything else'!

I don't understand how people who play Touch Grind and Touch BMX can use their thumb and first finger to do everything... I find it hard enough using separate thumbs!

13. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Tend to play flat with fingers, movement of hands is less restricted. If I'm feeling lax I'll just thumb it though, not that fussed anymore as long as it feels right at the time, I'm pretty adaptable.

14. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Nah, that's fine for me, mostly the part in between, when I'm moving my thumb off the screen and onto the fire button :p I prefer to have that "third method" of navigating via gyro, but it proves to be pretty bad when it comes to super precise shooting or quickscoping etc.