how many of you guys do NOT have GTA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by runformoney1110, Jul 14, 2010.

?

Do you have GTA?

1. yes

100 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

100 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I don't have it. GTA is just not my kinda game.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    For me the gameplay is tedious but quote I didn't played it much despite I have the DS version. A symbol is when at the beginning you steal a car you have a pointless boring manipulation to do for starting the car, weird that game designers continue design such stuff. I also dislike a lot the controls of the car it feels like a weird toy. I also don't like at all that gang mood that's stuff for teen I'm too old for that. The mood totally unrealistic is also weird, you kill people and nobody care, well that's a bit too much for me.

But I still let its chance to the game and perhaps a day I'll try play it more. If I get interested in the game then I'll get the iphone version to play it on an ipad and have bigger texts and graphics.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Congrats on only trying the lite and not actually having the slightest clue how much depth is in the game. For the asking price, you're looking at what is pretty much a full-sized GTA game which is a fantastic deal. I can only assume you think it's got less content just because of the viewing angle.

4. HockeyDoc

HockeyDoc Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Academic study; additional work as a writer, edito
    Not on iDevices

I have most of the series for console, but none on a multi-touch device. If I do go for it I'd likely go iPad. Love the games, but having played full editions I'm not too interested in what I've been told is less content. Would still like it, but will probably wait to see what the iPad version is offering!

5. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I don't have it.

1. Big file size. Long to play, too, so it's not like I will be deleting that big file size off ever.
    2. It's aerial view, I don't like that.
    3. I have Gangstar and got it for 10% of GTA. Not as good, but it's the same basics, plus it's first-person view.
    4. I don't really spent a lot of time gaming on my device. And now that I got some huge Gameloft games from the sale recently in addition to my previous games, I'm not gonna spend $10 on something I'm gonna get like 20 minutes into.

6. bballbeast76

bballbeast76 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    i see your point, but you still gotta agree with me that you would take gta san andreas for ps2 over gta chinatown wars for iphone. and i guarantee you there is more depth in console games.

I know you guys all love GTA, and I do too, but I don't think I would pay $10 for GTA when I could buy a lot of other things in the app store or a console game for my playstation or xbox. Think of the great things 10 dollars will get you in the app store...

7. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    1. If you have a 8GB device, I can understand the logic. If not, and you enjoy the game, what does it matter that a console-quality game stays on your device for a long time?

2. Fair enough, your preference.

3. Gangstar is third-person, not first-person. Besides, saying you got Gangstar for a fraction of the price and it's good enough because it has the 'basics' down is like saying you got Nova instead of Halo because of the same reasons. Gangstar has the same concepts down but doesn't come anywhere close to GTA in terms of city-size, fun-factor or the liveliness of the city in which you play. Good game, yes - but not really comparable once you play (and I assume, enjoy) GTA:CW.

4. Again, fair enough - your preferences. Read my comments below though.

10 dollars in the store won't get you anything ELSE similar to GTA, assuming that's what you're looking for (besides Gangstar) - sorry. The game also has a longer single-player campaign than any or almost all other games for the iDevice. The game's geared towards a person looking for this particular type of game - if that type of person isn't you, no big deal. But there are tons of other people out there who love and enjoy the game.

My experience with GTA: I held off for a long, long, long time - hoping for a sale. I eventually realized that after 2 months of waiting, it was pointless to hold off over a matter of 2-3 dollars - that too, not knowing if and when another sale (after the February Chinese New Year sale) was ever going to come around.

I originally played two missions on my PSP and didn't like it. I decided to give it another fair shot on my iPod Touch and am finding myself loving and actually appreciating the game more than several others I own at the moment. I too, only play for 15-20 mins at a time (no single gaming session has honestly been longer than this). I do 1-2 missions at a time, then save and quit. Other times, I feel like doing a few good drug deals to boost my cash. Last night, I spent 15 mins on scratch-cards (haha), and ended up winning a property after much trial and error.

I love the driving now (after initially being extremely frustrated with it) - weaving through traffic is much, much easier than it was when I initially started playing and it's actually become FUN to drive. Missions have started getting easier as a result of this, and the 'small things' the game offers really add to the entire atmosphere of the game which I found lacking severely in Gangstar (another game I initially loved).

I couldn't be happier putting down my 10 dollars for GTA:CW - being able to carry around and play a top-notch game like this is what does it for me.

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I have it. I really enjoyed it for the first month that I had it or so. Haven't really touched it since, though.

9. APP-MASTER-360

APP-MASTER-360 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    No.

For me it's the Chinatown part. I'm buying 'Gangstar' by Gameloft only because it's similar to the normal GTA.

10. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    The 33 people who voted no have no soul. It's as simple as that

11. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    @Blah

So you mean they are ginger kids? :D

12. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Nope, I don't.

I only like GTA for stuff like ramming cars, bashing people etc. But when getting GTAIV, it put me off completely. And I don't think it's suited for the iPhone anyway.

13. Cybertox

Cybertox Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Basketball Player
    Switzerland
    I have GTA and i completed the whole game.

14. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    This IS normal GTA.

I have completed the game and only found 1 gold lion. I definitely do not regret this purchase. To the guy on page 1 complaining about the price, how cheap can you get? The DS and PSP versions were $30!

15. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    1. And that's exactly what I have. An 8GB.
    3. Ahh, thanks for the correction. I'm terrible with assigning 3P and 1P. Anyways I think I was a bit misleading, so I'll clarify: I was comparing Gangstar to GTA:CW, as they were both on the same console. I wasn't making a comparison like NOVA to Halo. Halo is definitely far superior because its console just allows far more.

But anyways, I guess I'm just not the gamer you are. GTA is indeed fun, and it's definitely probably the best game you can get for $10 in the app store, but like I said earlier, some points of the game just aren't for me, so I'd rather spend my $10 on multiple other games after spending $1 on Gangstar. Have fun with it though!

16. venasque

venasque Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I haven't got it... yet. I like GTA and Rockstar so the interest is definately there. I'm thinking I might wait until I get an iPad (next generation) and then get the iPad version (which will likely be out by then). I think it will be a nicer experience on that.

Actually that is how I feel about the Adventure games too (Monkey Island, etc). I am holding off as I think the iPad would be the preferred method (for me) to play those types of games on.

17. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Not even interested. If it was free, I would probably d/l it but never play it.

Have the Xbox 360 version and it's pretty meh. Waaaaay overhyped. Good thing I got it cheap.

18. BTM4444

BTM4444 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Freshman In College. Studying Public Administratio
    Cleveland, Ohio
    No I had it on the DS and beat every mission and got bored with running around blowing stuff up. No point in buying it wen I've beat it alrdy

19. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Exactly ;)

20. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I don't have it because I finished it on my friends iPod.