how many of you guys do NOT have GTA?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by runformoney1110, Jul 14, 2010.

?

Do you have GTA?

1. yes

100 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

100 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That's what you call a win.

2. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I have it, but it's too much a time-sink to actually play it. I definitely have video game A.D.D. when it comes to the iphone. I have like, 400 games or something. I'm not playing this one game for hours on end.

3. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    definitely getting pummeled for posting this, but would anyone like to gift GTA: CW to me? I'll gift back an app or two, of course.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It was more fun on the DS

5. Beto_Machado

Beto_Machado Well-Known Member

#45 Beto_Machado, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Played the Lite/Free, didn't care for it one bit. Nothing compelling in any of it. Camera was too far removed (at least in the lite) for me to get into the game, and the car controls were just the most boring thing i've played in a long time (and i'm from the 8-bit generation, i'm used to strange controls).

To me, the joy in those kinds of sandbox games is being close to the insanity. If i'm playing from a birds-eye view, what's the point? The whole point of a game like this is making you feel like you are the one stealing the cars, running from cops and killing criminals.

Maybe the Lite is 100% different from the full game, but from the Lite it was a complete waste of time. I didn't enjoy one second of the game. I wouldn't even pay 50 cents for a game like that.

6. matgzx

matgzx Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Student - Musician - Tennis Player
    Bogota, Colombia
    I have two reasons why I don't have GTA, first, playing xbox360 GTA IV just kills the experience of playing GTA ctw, second, I have Gangstar and I think is much better than GTA, graphics, vehicles, playability, etc... China town wars is just coming back to psx, boring, still it's not a bad game.

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
  8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't trust anyone whose reason for not having CTW is they've already got GTA IV/Gangstar.

9. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Definately, I loved this game.

Most people who got bored of the lite didn't know about all the stuff in the full. The strangers, the houses, the drug trade, the pancake billboard jumps, the security cameras, the races, the rampages, the ability missions.

I played the lite after getting the full, & I thought they should have included all ability missions to bronze & the happiness isle/minigun rampage, & a single hummer race.

10. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Well, do you want me to write out ever single race, mission, dealer location, & security camera light, etc.?

11. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    The italicized "that" threw me off.

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Honestly, only hardcore iphone fanboys like this game. I've shown it to all my friends and they've gotten bored with it so quickly. Can't say I disagree...

13. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I'm not an iPhone fanboy, I just love this. I forgot about it when getting my DS games in bulk, so for a ten spot, I had to grab it. This got me through the February Blizzard in The Northern USA.

But, I do agree, my friends would rather play PG, Doodle Jump, Paper Toss, & Angry Birds.

14. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

+1

I don't consider myself a 'fanboy', lol... but I do love the game and every small thing it offers on such a small platform. Thanks.

15. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Waiting on a sale, personally. For this and SFIV :D.

16. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    SF 4 had a sale for 6.99 for not too long ago, and if you owned your iDevice, in February, there was a Chinese New Year's sale. Basically, you might have to wait another 7 months to say 3 dollars.

17. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Exactly, haha. I did the same calculation last month and ended up buying it. The 7 months vs 3 dollars wasn't worth it for me.

18. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The FULL version is way better.

19. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    But it isn't just that. I've got so many iPhone games in sales recently that there's certainly no need for more, so it's a saving of the full amount and then at some point maybe a small outlay on a sale if it gets low enough - or, they just won't get my cash. That seems to me to be how the devs that do a lot of sales think about things as well.

20. manyax111

manyax111 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    i don't have it yet because they are not selling in my country.