I think Gameloft makes alot of fantastic games, but which ones are hit or miss to you

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ilovemyipod, Dec 7, 2009.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    You call their games console quality? What console have you been playing? ;)

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Dead space, Medal of Honor (well, the old ones at least. I don't know about the new ones), Burnout, Rock Band, Wolfenstein RPG, all great games.

3. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ok, well not console quality literally, but compared to many games on the device, they're really top notch. They always seem to push the boundaries (well, they used to at least. I don't know about future releases) and just overall make good games. Sure, they're ripoffs, but they're decent clones of games that most likely weren't going to be made by the actual company. In fact, I think they have inspired some companies, such as Activision, to get going and make a full fledged game on the device, like COD: Zombies.

4. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    they ported earthworm jim to iphone....nuff said

5. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Whats your point?

I guess the whole market and profit thing hasn't caught on yet wherever you live....

6. Olympus God

Olympus God Member

Sep 18, 2009
    In what ways is COD Zombies full fledged?

The original CoD WaW now costs 40$ for the PC version. That includes a campaign with 4-player online, and multiplayer with a bunch of maps. Plus, It comes with Nazi Zombies, and has better graphics and more guns. In what ways is a game with 1 map and 1 mode, worth 10$ when the full game has Multiplayer, campaign and Nazi Zombies? I'd rather pay 5-7$ for a gameloft game then waste 10$ on a game with one mode and one map.

7. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Excluding Let's Golf, Hero of Sparta, and Gangstar

All of gamelofts games are simply eye candy that forget what gaming is for, that being fun. They may be technical marvels, but they last for about 5 hours and have no replay value past that (the top 3 don't have much replay either) All their games lack the "it" factor most good indie games have. If Gameloft really took the initiative to completely finish one of their name, they could really have a classic. They would rather make 2 good products than 1 great product

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    COD: Zombies isn't really a full fledged game, its a portion of an actual full fledged game.

I personally don't have a problem with them, they do make games that nobody else seems to want to make for the iPhone.

While that doesn't make them fun games(to me), I'm sure others think differently and that doesn't affect me in any way.

They can continue getting their gaming itch scratched by Gameloft, while I instead look elsewhere.

9. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I see what he means. Some big companies, like gameloft and EA, shoot for profit only. In doing this, they don't always strive to make the game the best it can be. When a dev makes a game to just make a really good game, they put feeling into it, and it's easy to see and makes a game just that much better. I always enjoy games made by indy devs simply due to how they always strive to make the best game they can. Big companies, on the other hand, don't usually put this much effort into their games, but when they make a game that will sell, they put it out there.

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #30 Somerandomdude, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    Yeah, I just like the quality they have in their games. They all feel polished and usually pretty complete. I havn't really been left going "This is it?" by a Gameloft game, therefore making it feel high quality. As for COD Zombies, it just has that console feel to it, and the game was a direct port from a console. While it's not the whole game, it feels like maybe a DLC game on a console, with slightly reduced graphics.

11. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    What? Sports games is the one genre that Gameloft DON'T do well. They are the best at everything else though.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    My Gameloft favourites are: Let's Golf!, Skater Nation and Shrek Kart.

13. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Wow, I'm kinda alone here, but, with the exception of Terminator Salvation, have yet to play a gameloft game that I have not liked. I have found gameloft games to be high quality and much cheaper than similar titles produced by EA. Sure, they do shamelessly rip off other companies with titles like Gangstar and Modern Combat, but they do a really good job with it!
    Personal favorites are Real Tennis, Assassin's Creed, and Brothers in Arms. All run very nicely and have a good amount of replay value.
    Just my two cents :)

14. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#34 Will090, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    Having better games that EA is nothing to be proud of. All of their games are flat out terrible

15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    So? Eliminate was capable of being an amazing game. That doesnt mean it should get higher marks then for what it is right now. I was capable of doing better on my test, but that doesnt mean my teacher should give me an extra ten percent.

16. Sciuridae

Sciuridae Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    I've been extremely happy with all my Gameloft purchases, and am thrilled whenever they put out a new entry in one of my favourite genres.

I can count on Gameloft games being polished and fun (provided I pick something I'm the target audience for).

My least-liked Gameloft game has been Assassin's Creed. I gave up before reaching the end due to control issues. Even then, though, I got more than my money's worth up until the point where a particular jump puzzle blocked my progress.

I can't think of any other app publisher that reliably puts out games that bring me such enjoyment for the price paid. The app store is full of one-hit wonders - delightful wonders, mind you - but Gameloft consistently delivers.

17. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    The Settlers - Love it!
    Castle Frenzy - So far It's okay...
    Bailout Wars - Pretty much a waste of time...
    Blades of Fury - Love it!
    Dungeon Hunter - Love it!
    Modern Combat: Sandstorm - Love it!
    Gangstar: West Coast Hustle - pretty much a waste of time...
    NFL 2010 - Was great, untill Madden 10 came out, then it was dead.
    Terminator: Salvation - Prretty much a waste of time...
    Assassin's Creed - Love it! (Yeah yeah, don't shoot me...)
    Brother's in Arm's: Hour of Heroes - Is okay...
    Hero of Sparta - Love it!
    Chess Classic, was great back when it came, now there are a good handfull better
    Rogue Planet - Is okay...

I think that's all my Gameloft games... Might have forgotten one or two but... So, does this make me a Gameloft fanboy? :confused:

18. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    *punches a baby*

19. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    They are the best at..? did you read my post? OR anyone elses...? :rolleyes:

No, they dont really make the best games, just the prettiest.

20. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    There you go. Done. Right there.