Universal I Wanna Be A Hero (by 4EVA Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 4EVA, Dec 3, 2015.

1. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Had 3 runs so far, got to floor 6 every time. which makes me wonder is there really only 10 floors ? I hope the game isn't to easy in having to much fun with it

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Won't the game track my top runs with some sort of Hall of Fame?

3. 4EVA

4EVA Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Game Developer
    We will aim to submit the patch to big A for review next week.
    Keep fingers crossed, Xmas soon and approval ain't easy to seek.
    Meanwhile, drop us your email for you may find...
    Tester access to the Lefty mode we hope is fine! :D

(We really do apologize for the lapse. Don't think we had any left handed users amongst our testers)

4. 4EVA

4EVA Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Game Developer
    Oh my it doesn't at the moment. The only one guarding that hall is the big dood at the end.
    We will get our designer gnome to figure it out, pull out the stopwatches and count the fallen (possibly).
    Thanks for the feedback!

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think 4EVA might be one of my new favorite developers.

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Will there be gear drops and more floors?

7. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Agreed!

8. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Yea haha he's pretty awesome ^!

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So, is this permadeath or is there some kinda leveling/progression system? The only thing I don't like about some roguelikes is permadeath. I needs me SOME kinda reward for my time!

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    This needs a a scoring system and btw... Awesome boss fight! Seriously was a lot of fun!

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, I hold the same sentiment toward non leveling permadeath rogues.

12. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Well me on the other hand, loves permadeath

I feel with other roguelikes with progression you'll eventually get more and more powerful even if you suck so eventually you will win by defualt (sort of speak) permadeath makes you learn the game and have to get better and better on your own merit which is why I love it!

But hey that's just my take on roguelikes =]

13. kaizenkoh

kaizenkoh Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 23, 2015
    Chief Evangelist
    Singapore
    Great buy and refreshing roguelike =)

Squid head hero LOL, interesting take and twist to make the hero quirky and nice pixel art style too.

Refreshing take to a roguelike. Slower paced than most with its 1-sec per space movements which gives me enough time to react.

Feel that the controls should be able to change from the arrow directionals to maybe experiment on swiping which seems more intuitive?

Quite painful to die and go back to level 1 when I can't find a potion =(. But hey, what's a roguelike if it doesn't feel that way!

Kudos to the devs and hopefully 4Eva can dev more wonderful games like this =).

14. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Being left-handed I would love to have the option to move the joystick
    Also playing games only on my iPad I hope this game won't remain portrait only forever

15. 4EVA

4EVA Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Game Developer
    Thanks metalcasket, Repulsa & esty8nine for the support! :)

Our critters don't exactly wear gear so nope. They do drop other stuff though hehe.
    More floors?! Really? We definitely can get the builders to crank a few more levels although that will make it even harder to get to the top. Just the flip-side.

Nonetheless we definitely will look into the gears and the floors~ Thanks!
    *Tries to shove a sword to our cute XP Sheep* :D

We will stay true to our quest~ A Hero should brave the whole gauntlet without fainting.
    That said, we definitely can look into getting unlockables into the tower. *Jots idea down...*

Now where did I put the keys...

Woah~ You are one skilled hero. Scoring will definitely be on our wish list. :D

Thanks for the support and we are working hard improving the controls!
    Aiming to get more stuff too into our current tower so stay tuned for the updates! :D

16. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    Nice game so far, but hopefully a future update will allow background music from other apps. Pretty please? :)

17. 4EVA

4EVA Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Game Developer
    Left-handed mode will definitely be added in the next update. We do apologize. >_<
    We can explore landscape mode when building the next tower. We aren't able to tear down our current tower to make this change now...

Thanks for the feedback and we hope you enjoy the game! :)

Your wish will be granted~ Will prod our coding wizards to get the spell done.
    Thanks for the support! :)

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Also maybe for balance, dumb down mana regen. You can just regen and heal at the end of a level.

19. 4EVA

4EVA Active Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Game Developer
    We tried that and woah~ Big big changes. The hero won't be able to use his skills often and that kinda felt bad.

Slowing down mana flow also doesn't stop the "chill by the stairs & heal" tactic. Only that it is more frustrating to wait. We didn't want that either.

Thus, either the choice of letting it slide or outright throwing healing spells out of the window.

We chose to allow it and so it is the legit cautious way to play the game.
    Our critters are then tuned to this fact to provide a challenge despite healing availability.

Our designer gnome will continue to look into this to see what other options are there.
    Will love more feedback and suggestions for this. Thanks for the highlight too! :)

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I see what you mean. Of the skills I have seen, there are just a couple of combos that can be abused to go hide and heal.

But seriously, once again, awesome job for the boss fight. That is some of the most fun I have had since Bloodborne. The music helped make the experience similar to a zen like Zelda Boss fight. Wish there was more of it.