iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    the minotaur rescue icade update hit today. not sure why everyone insisted on saying it was supported before now. but it is now. so, hooray!

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    fantastic - i hope jeff's gone for buttons like asteroids too rather than just joystick but I'll see tomorrow now...good one.

Also, I think that on Minotron 2112 although iCade controls are fantastic - the touch controls don't seem to work any more. Just working away this week and thought I'd play it without my iCade and it just wouldn't work movement wise. If someone can let the great man know. Koolio.

3. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Note that in 2+ player modes, the iCade controls both (all) ships / tanks. This could be fixed so that one player controls via the iCade, the other via the touchscreen.

Otherwise, great game with an iCade, even against the AI.

4. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Ignore my hope for buttons above. Jeff's done it perfect with stick to rotate and any button to thrust. You really can't whack it.

5. Bluefishbaker

Bluefishbaker New Member

Sep 30, 2011
    #305 Bluefishbaker, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  6. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    #306 kevlar x, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Just bought Muffin Knight, what an awesome game, plays really well on icade.

7. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Only just got round to trying out Goatup, the only problem I had with the game was at first I found the goat to responsive!!
    But when I got use to the controls I was soon climbing that tower.

8. Bluefishbaker

Bluefishbaker New Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Wishlist elite spectrum games

I want want the ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection HD put onto the iCade want list. These games are retro awes. I've wanted to play Monty and star quake for 20 years!

(showing my age:rolleyes:)

9. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    I'll second that request the good old speccy is where I started playing games all those years ago I'll trump your Monty for Horace goes skiing or Dizzy!!

10. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
  11. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, agree, agree, agree. Steve Wilcox, please listen. I've just bought the non-speccy games you released today too - enforcer et al - seriously need iCade as almost unworkable without it. Touchscreen won't do for Uridium. Sorry.

12. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011

The ZX elite collection is my number one wish for Icade support.

13. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    I may have spoken to soon. The game is fun, but sort of weird. Little stuff, like you are never sure if the sprite is going to be stopped by a block or if he will kinda pass through it. Not a big deal, but you never really feel like you have total control like you do in something like Mos Speedrun.

But really super annoying for the icade players is that even though it is a landscape game, there is no landscape mode. Instead, it is a forced vertical with art at the top and bottom to make it look like it is an arcade cabinet. Check the screen shots to see what I mean. It's a cool effect I guess, but makes the actual gameplay small and there is no option to turn it off. Making it even weirder is that you already have the game playing in a actual arcade cabinet. So it doesn't really create a visual illusion or anything, it just feels like you are being forced to play it smaller then you could be. I don't know, maybe it won't bother other gamers but I find it terribly distracting. I just want an option to switch to true horizontal, rather then feeling like I am playing an iPhone sized game on an iPad.

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Agree with brokendemo.....

...love arcade jumper so far, but needs landscape mode. Just seems like such a waste of space (like playing the game on a postage stamp). Good game on iCade though just needs that one amend and then you're there.

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I like the way it is… To each his own. :)

16. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Totally agree.

17. farmboy74

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Yup that about sums it up a good game played on a postage stamp of a screen I think we all would appreciate a full screen landscape mode.

18. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Plum Crazy Issue

This is strange. Got my iCade yesterday, everything works flawlessly except for "Plum Crazy". There are only three options in the control settings: swipe, tap and DPad. The iCade stick moves around the menus in options so it's being recognized, but when I start the game, I have no stick control at all. I'm using an iPad 2 - anyone else have this issue, because I did a search and have not seen any problems. Thanks!

19. Black Hive Media

Black Hive Media Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Part of the reasoning was that the iCade is made to fit the iPad vertically so we wanted to support it that way. Really, the iCade was what made us decide to do universal! Do y'all like using the iCade with horizontal games? (I'm really just curious. I tend to find it a tad strange the way it sits on it horizontally.)

Regardless, we'll look into a landscape option among the other suggestions. :) Thanks for all the feedback!

20. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Horizontal is great with me and I think your game would be fantastic in landscape. I personally don't mind horizontal at all - in fact I think it's better on scrollers like yours (a la Mos Speedrun, Stardash etc). My kidz love your game and I enjoy telling them who the characters are. It is a good game though. I was expecting more of an old Hunchback game so was pleasantly surprised. (Although I wouldn't mind if someone did a Hunchback game).
    I suppose my simple rule would be sideways scrollers - landscape; vertical scrollers - portrait. The iPad sits in the iCade either way.