iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. KrisjohnTwin

KrisjohnTwin Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  2. big-boys-gadget-toys

big-boys-gadget-toys Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    #762 big-boys-gadget-toys, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  3. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Give Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Sonic WIngs 2 & 3,Twinkle Star Sprites, Top Hunter and Puzzle Bobble a try

4. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Man, keeping the main post up to date is not easy anymore. Sorry folks, getting it updated now!

5. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Got an iCade today, paired it up, works great.

6. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    #766 cplr, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    ok, first post is finally up to date. thanks everyone for posting updates to new apps they found, and developers!

7. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    The list is growing nicely...thx!
    Love my iCade! :D

8. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    anyone know if Dynastunts has support yet?

9. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Dynastunts has always had iCade support ;)

10. darebear999

darebear999 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    pac-man championship edition dx

Glad to see you and others wanting an ios version with icade support as well! I really think Namco should get on it now!

11. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Because TAITO is releasing their own competitor to the iCADE. We'll be lucky if they choose to use the same key presses, and therefore have compatibility....

12. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/01/09/blutrol/

For the jail breakers...

Not sure about the $7, but if it works as well as the video suggest I think it would be worth it. Lots of games seem like they would gain a significant amount of awesome with this.

13. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    arcade borders

Just putting this out there to see what people think but, after looking at the ads for the new icade (which shows the asteroids game with border art), I'm wondering if this is a feature that can be added to imame (if us ios users are lucky enough to get a future update)? MAME on my computer has the capability to add cabinet art, I think. Anyway, rather than adding more stuff to the surface of the hardware to achieve this it seems like a better approach would be to address it in the software, to be able to add it as an option.

14. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Looks like an awesome idea...wishing it was easier to jailbreak now. :confused:

15. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    #775 darebear999, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    Thanks for the recommends! Though I couldn't seem to find sonic wings anywhere.

16. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    #776 silentcorp, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
    I'll bite for $7 and let you guys know how it works out.

EDIT - Ok, spent about ten minutes or so with the app. Pretty damn cool so far. I tried it with the following:

The Bards Tale - works fantastically for this game, seems real easy to control.
    Speedball2 - didn't work at all, if the game uses a "floating" dpad/virtual analog stick then this won't work at all.
    Galaxy on Fire2 - bliss!
    Street Fighter 4 - works great, not arcade perfect as the stick leaves a bit to be desired but like the vid says MUCH better than the touch interface.

I also tried the Playstation1 emulator psx4all and it worked well enough too. If you have an iCade, iPad and $7 you should certainly think about getting this thing. Once the smaller iCade handheld unit comes out I think this $7 may just pay for itself over time!

17. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Sonic Wings is also known as Aero Fighters you should be able to find it under that listing

18. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem work with any of the iPhone genesis ports or the turbographx-16 emulator because they don't actually rotate the screen. Technically the TG16 emulator "works" but the stick is rotated 90 degrees. No luck with the Pac-Man games ether, not a huge deal since most of them are in MAME but the lack of Pac-Man CE support is kind of a bummer. So far I've gotten it to work with the iPad versions of NBA Jam, Robot Unicorn Attack, Sonic CD, Rally-X, Minecraft, Tetris and Sync Simple.

19. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    This is what I've been waiting for, gonna try this on my 3gs later and will love it on my 4s as soon as its jailbroken (signs point to this week).

Now I just need every iCade game to have a toggle switch so I can finally map buttons correctly to my iControlpad, as some of the iCade translations make start or R the fire buttons.

Need to test on GBA, PSX, bards tale, sonic 4 and cd, gta3, and all racers i own

20. casbitton

casbitton New Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Just got an iCade! :D Does anyone have a few personal recommendations on iOS games that I should pick up?

Games I've got so far:
    Super Crate Box
    iMAME
    Pix'n Rush DX
    Atari Greatest Hits