iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Tell that to vertex blaster dev http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/vertex-blaster/id453873865?mt=8

Dual stick support! unfortunately the only one to jump on the iCP train so far tho :(

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well I was wrong, it seems. Is that actually analog control, though? Or is it dual digital emulation sticks? I tried pairing my iControlPad and was only able to do so when I put it into iCade emulation mode, which is purely digital input. Perhaps I just wasn't doing it right, though.

3. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Different mode, not iCade emulation mode. Start it up with A and X rather than A B and X, then you connect within the app rather than pairing.
    Analogue control on the sticks and the shoulders for bombs and mines

4. TonyWatto

TonyWatto Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Liverpool, UK
    #804 TonyWatto, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
    Well Vertex Blaster works with the dual sticks on un-jailbroken phones !!!

Duh, already beaten to it, sorry !!!

5. lumothesinner

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Glad I'm not the only one who knows about it, dev deserves support for including iCP

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The dev said that it wasn't changed and they should still work, but I haven't tested it yet. I will try it out tonight and report back.

7. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    true, I can not shoot anymore with the iCade

I had this problem already with version 1.0, it was fixed with version 1.01 (or something) and with version 1.1 the problem is back :mad:

greetings

MJFox

8. ovalprocess

ovalprocess Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Southern California
    This game will work if you also load the neogeo.zip rom into the Documents folder.

9. darebear999

darebear999 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I have the neo-geo rom loaded. I was trying to load the mame rom since it was on the list of supported games. I'd give the neo-geo version a try but unfortunately can't seem to find one that will load. Any help in steering me in the right direction would be appreciated.

10. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

I think you're confused, it's a Neo*Geo game there is no other version. You need both the Neo*Geo bios and the Waku Waku 7 rom.

11. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    i got one at that price. the right analog nub was broken, and the people behind it completely ignored me when I was requesting customer service. quickly returned it to ThinkGeek (thankfully they actually have exceptional customer service). I'm not going to support a company that just ignores their customers, hoping that the problem will just go away (which is what I did, I suppose). hopefully you won't have any problems with yours.

Can't wait for the iCade mobile! Or maybe this thing: http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/10/2698477/steelseries-ion-iphone-android-gamepad-controller-announced

12. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Well, I may be confused but on most sites it's listed in both the mame and neo-geo sections. This could be what's causing my confusion. Like I said, I have the neo-geo rom loaded for viewpoint already but, unfortunately, the versions of waku waku 7 I've tried won't load.

13. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate but unsurprising, the iCP is more of a community project then a consumer product. I doubt the people behind it have the resources for proper quality control and customer service. Hopefully I won't have the same problem but if I do I'm willing to try and exchange it a few times until I get one that works. The ability to upgrade the firmware to insure future compatibility is very appealing.

Hmm.. I'm not in front of my computer right now so I don't know if this will work or not. Open the viewpoint zip file and see if the neo geo files are in there (I believe theres four of them but I can't remember the file names offhand). If they are you should just have to copy them into the Waku Waku 7 zip file and that should work.

14. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Hmm.. I'm not in front of my computer right now so I don't know if this will work or not. Open the viewpoint zip file and see if the neo geo files are in there (I believe theres four of them but I can't remember the file names offhand). If they are you should just have to copy them into the Waku Waku 7 zip file and that should work.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion but I finally found a working copy. Now if I could just find working versions of moonwalker and wrestlemania :(

15. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    #815 darebear999, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    iMAME down?

Muther*%&$^#! A couple of minutes ago, while trying to load a new rom I was about to check out the app crashed...and then disappeared and I can't seem to reload it. It's still in Apps in itunes but it's not letting me drag it back to my ipad. Tried restoring from backup and saw it try to load and then disappear again. Anyone else? I really didn't think big brother, er, I mean Apple could do this. I figured the only way I could lose it was if a future ios update made it unworkable. I was planning on avoiding those for as long as possible to keep playing mame. Sigh...guess I'm now waiting for a jailbreak for my ipad 2. I wasn't going to but Apple's kinda forcing my hand now. Well, in the meantime I think I remember someone mentioning pairing this with their computer to play mame with it. I tried and went through the pairing procedure which was successful but was not responsive in mame. Any ideas?

16. phattslagg

phattslagg Member

Oct 23, 2010
    I doubt it's as sinister as that - I recently wiped my iPad and restored it as a new device, and was able to reinstall iMame easily from iTunes.

17. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Try doing that again and let me know if it's still there.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I presume you still have space on your device ? I know its a basic answer but wanted to check as i've just checked my imame and its not crashing, doubt as the other guy said its anything sinister, let us know if you get it working

19. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Yep, there's a couple g of space. Still can't get it back. Have you recently docked your pad?

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    (gulp) i'm just syncing now !