iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. darebear999

darebear999 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Please let me know the result.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep its still there and working after synching. Honestly i havent heard of Apple 'secretly' deleting apps from people, dont know how many apps you have on your gadget but could you try restoring if backup isnt working ?

I installed ios5 the other week and was 'slightly' worried in a paranoid way in case iMame disappeared but it didnt.

Hope you get it working again

3. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Well, good to know it's just me. I'll try a restore and let you know. So you are suggesting not restoring from backup but manually reloading everything, right?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You mentioned 'dragging' the game onto your ipad. On itunes when the ipad is loaded up , under the apps tab (sorry i know you probably know all this) is there a checkbox under iMame to be installed onto your ipad ?

Dont understand why its not on your ipad.

Also in the library under 'apps' i presume iMame is still listed ?

So its not in that huge list of apps on itunes when your ipad is connected under the apps tab of your device ?

Let me know if the restore works, cant see why not. When i upgraded to ios5 itunes basically took a backup of my device and then restored it once ios5 was on. Everything worked fine

5. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    #825 darebear999, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    It's still listed in library apps but I when I drag it over to install nothing happens. I tried restoring from backup (done just 2 days ago) and it and it briefly showed it as a generic icon for a few seconds and then it was gone. I'm doing the restore now and I'll report back with the results.

6. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    imame crasher

Well, the restore did it. I was able to reinstall after that. Thanks for the advice! It was just so weird how it happened. I had just loaded the rom avengers, which loaded for about a second and then crashed the app. Then, as soon as I opened up the folder that I keep imame in, I watched it disappear. I figured that was either one nasty rom or apple was up to no good. I'm glad to know it was the former. It really does bring the icade to life!

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So glad for you that it worked ! Must admit i might have panicked as well as if i lost iMame i would be devastated ! I was nervous installing ios5 but my friend said it was fine (and it was).

Glad all is okay ! Cant wait to get that iON 'gadget' which fits round the ipod , i'll be getting that once its released (Still love the icade though)

8. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    Yes, it was a little too ironic how as I was nearing completion of my wishlist everything went in the dumper, but I'm happy that it's back up and running again. I too am looking at the icade portable and wondering which will come out on top: it or the icontrolpad?

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm not keen on the icontrolpad at all and dont have faith with them, theyre a small company and i would rather support iON. I think the Icade stuff will be far better supported, they were also the 'first' and i think theyve been great, i'll be waiting for their gadgets. Be better to work with with updates/issues etc in the future.

10. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    I think iCade mobile will be better for appstore, probably better build than iControlPad and might drum up more support.
    iControlPad was designed for jailbreakers really with all the emulators supporting it properly, and one day I hope that Zodttd will update psx4all with dual stick support on it, iCade emulation was just something else they threw in as an extra due to the support it had. So as long as iCade support grows, iCP support grows. Just wish more devs took the time to try and use iCP.
    Glitchsoft said for Star Marine that they could include iCP dual sticks if there was demand, but not iCade due to the nature of the controls, then nothing seems to have happened as there was no demand. It needs the opposite of games supporting it so that the iCP has demand and gets more well known...2 way street.

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The iControlPad is really a pretty crappy designed device, at least for the iPhone and if you want to use the fold down clip thing. With the small side pieces on the iPhone sits on top of it at its ends and bumps into or onto the side pieces, which tends to push them outward. It just looks and feels kind of cheaply designed. It also feels like it might not last long, but that remains to be seen. As it stands my first one was defective out of the box (down on the d-pad didn't work). I'm starting to think that I wish I'd returned my defective one for a refund instead of replacement, and then pick up either the mobile iCade one or perhaps something else.

12. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Doesn't look the best no, but have not managed to break mine yet at all. If i had to pick again with all these other ones out now I'd still go with this one as it has a massive battery compared to the others, has dual sticks which some of the others don't have, USB on the go to charge my iphone at the same time and upgradeable firmware, so anything the others can do can be programmed into this one (latest update made it possible to get onscreen keyboard going while connected :) )
    Feature wise it outclasses everything.

13. shinrukuszero

shinrukuszero Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
  14. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    It has native support now or did you have to do something to get icade to work with it?

15. shinrukuszero

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    you gotta have a jailbroken ipad/pod/phone with Blutrol

16. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

My understanding is you're supposed to remove one of the side pieces before sliding the phone into place, every video I've seen shows the device is fairly secure when you do that. I know it's cheaply designed, as I said before it's a community project and they don't have the resources of a company like IonAudio. The difference is if another type of controller with a different layout then the iCade comes out they can upgrade the firmware to make it compatible. Also $80 for the iCade Mobile is $20 more then I'm willing to spend.

17. shinrukuszero

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
  18. KrisjohnTwin

KrisjohnTwin Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I never got around to reviewing most of the apps I've bought, but after seeing this, I'm using the reviews to ask for iCade support.

19. shinrukuszero

Nov 12, 2011
    NY
    You should! I feel this is being run on whats basically a v-pad emulator on top of the vpad actually. It feel natural, and getting used to it more and more, im feeling almost as good in SFIV Volt as I feel in SSFIVAE2012. The Feeling is precise, and I swear if you could get one of these into Daigo Umehara, Alex Valle, or Justin Wongs hands, I GUARANTEE Capcom would be all over this

20. darebear999

Dec 12, 2011
    CHD files

This may be an inappropriate place to bring it up but since there's been significant MAME discussion here I'll ask: What are CHD files and how and where do you load them in MAME? While, I know I won't be able to use them with the iMAME app, I also have MAME running on my computer. I understand that with these files you can run some of the more complex games like area 51, NFL Blitz and Firefox. Any info would be appreciated.