iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    My spunky iPega gamepad with Gridlee running SF3. Poifect!

Attached Files:

2. Also, is there anyway to play 2 stick analog dual stick shooters like Beat Hazard or Infinity field? Or anything else?

Is the Gameloft duo gamer joystick the only ios joystick that can handle true du analog sticks well?

3. Yeah, beta testing plasma sky right now with 3rd icade build, we got a ton of icade sensitivity settings!!! First time ever that I know of to ever have different icade sensitivity settings. Are there any, anyone?

Also working on the other bros icade support, the update should be online this weekend with icade support!

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Nice one! I have been checking my update section daily waiting for TOB

5. Read my latest icade beta report for Plasma Sky.

5 icade sensitivity games!

Maybe the first of its kind!!!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=182425&page=36

Wowzers, it plays great now. New build should be submitted to apple tommorrow so maybe by end of next week, the most impressive icade implementation ever will be online.

Make sure to keep an eye out for it too.

6. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Well I've created a chart to show the mapping (attached image). One of the guys on the forum made the 8-bitty key mapping, I just added the Nyko PlayPad version. It might look that they layout is messed up, but I promise you that it's extremely comfortable to use. Most of the games just use the A B Y X buttons, and some have the triggers too. If you're used to Xbox 360 controllers, this will feel at home.

Well since this only runs on iCade mode for iOS, I'm afraid that 2 stick shooters won't work, since iCade only supports one stick. :(

I wish the Gameloft Duo Gamer would work with more games without jailbreaking to use Blutrol. iCade has sort of become the standard now, but we need a mainstream support for dual sticks, and I think if that ever happens it will be an Apple controller.

Attached Files:

7. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks for that, Xeyad!

Just confused about 2 buttons mapped to 'enter'. Are they mapped differently? Which one is equivalent to bottom white on iCade classic?

8. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    A = Bottom Enter

L1 = Upper Enter

9. Two icade games that I am helping out with... The other bros and plasma sky

The first update is now out for the other brothers. Go download it now. Please post comments in the other bro threads to support icade or with any suggested improvements. Please post in the main other bros thread to show our support of icade, to make developers take notice and add more support for us!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=184197&page=67

Plasma sky icade update will be out in a little over a week, you all will be shocked how good it is, and it may well be the first game ever to have 5 different icade sensitivity settings.
    ---

Reprint from Plasma Sky thread...

10. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    Added The Other Brothers to the list! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2657301&postcount=1426

Also Connector, make sure for them to post when the update is out in this thread as well. I don't really check the Ion website for new releases, and this thread has more games than their list. I'm gonna go through Ion's website to check and see if I have missed any so far though.

11. Stichz

Stichz Member

Mar 29, 2013
    It would have been awesome if Slayin was compatible with iCade, perfect match

12. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    Hi guys! I was asked to come here regarding the iCade controls for The Other Brothers, how can I help?

13. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    You guys did enough. The controls are excellent! :D

Just tried it on both the original iCade Cabinet and the Nyko PlayPad Pro...the experience got a whole lot better with physical controls. And I was a fan of the original floating d-pad you did. But now, I'm using my PlayPad :cool:

Attached Files:

14. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    I went through all of Ion's website and updated the list.

15. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Thanks heaps!

16. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Zaccaria's pinball sim has iCade support too! With real buttons is much more fun!

17. #1657 Connector, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Hey guys, thanks for putting the icade controls transparency as I requested. Icade works great! Will post some further comments on this icade build, but thanks for listening to some of my comments!

Attached is a picture of my icade core and The Other Brothers. Totally awesome!

Got a couple questions,

1. How easy is it to put icade into a game?
    2. Do you think adding icade support will add sales?
    3. I am beta testing icade support for Plasma Sky, works totally awesomely, 5 icade sensitivity settings, but ine problem. We have to exit and enter the game for icade to initiate like some dotemu games. Any idea how to fix this?
    4. How had your feedback been about icade support?
    5. Do you or others in your staff prefer icade joystick control over the touch
    Controls?

Thanks for the update, and glad I got to help a little. Good luck with future ion sales. Is this game on iond official page yet!

Attached Files:

18. Thanks for letting us know, didn't even bother downloading it cause i'm not really a fan of pinball games, but with icade support it maybe fun.

Also, icade game meganoid 2 is free right now.

19. SimianSquared

SimianSquared Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer
    England
    #1659 SimianSquared, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Straightfoward bluetooth keyboard support and a little googling will do it for any dev. There is plenty of source online too.

I did: all the new menu areas, sliders, 3 new control schemes, analogue feedback visual code, database linking between new menu settings and game level, and integration in the game, fully positionable controls plus code for all that but I also added:

iCade support, hiding onscreen gui stuff while iCade is active plus restoration plus saving settings of this and all without an actual iCade. And shipped it to apple within 2 days.

If I can do that in 2 days and a developer bitches and moans about spending a week on it, send him here and tell him to man up. But I am a bit of a freak and working all the time is all I do most of the time :p

Yes and no. I won't earn any sales extra much for now (probably not enough iCade devices or not enough exposure for iCade apps), but who knows it may have a side affect of people appreciating that I am working on each game for them - for THEIR satisfaction. If I care about them, they might care about me. It's fair. I like making gamers happy playing games, why wouldn't I? I'd work on spreadsheets otherwise :D

This can only mean that the developer of that game possibly uses Bluetooth multiplayer and this may interfere with the process. Or some process to do with bluetooth. Try using a keyboard and see if it has the same affect. This doesn't sound like an iCade problem, it sounds like a Bluetooth problem.

I've only had it from you and another couple dudes so far, about 3 of you. Seeing the photos made it worth my while.

I'll find out soon as I've got one device on the way and will order more when I get some spare cash :) I am to support it forever on games that suit it. But we've played TOB on physical controllers on desktop - controllers are by far the best possible way to play the game. I grew up in 80s arcades...

Don't see it on ions page yet :) But some thoughts: Once I get hold of some proper test devices and I get room to breathe (it's pretty much wall to wall code here), I will be looking into making our games iCade sensitive, that is navigate menus with it too and free yourself from touch screens entirely. This is time consuming so its less a priority this second but going forward, It's what I want. You have my full support.

20. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just tested The Other Brothers on iCade mobile and 8-bitty. Fantastic work. 8-bitty uses one of thr shoulder buttons to throw the spanners but that's not too big a deal. Button mapping on iCade mobile is perfect. Will crack out the cabinet later with my kidz. Fantastic work on a fantastic game.